Media black out: 1 Million protest in Paris

Nonsense. You earn more, you pay higher taxes with the same rate.
Peter earns 3 millions and pays 20% in taxes, that means he pays 600 000 a year.
Michael earns 20 000 and pays 20% in taxes, that means he pays 400 a year.

Fair? I think yes.
I don´t think it is fair. Michaels 20K are barely enough to live in dignity, he pays enough indirect taxes already.
Peter on the other hand swims in money and whether he pays 20 or 60 % - it has no impact on his lifestyle.

Your calculation earns 604K, my earns 1,8 million. Your calculation means that the state is drowning in debt, by the way.
At the first time your method will bring more money. But after a while, Peter will come to conclusion - why should I be a milch cow? And then he decides to formaly register his firm in say Malta where the taxes are much lower and that grants the citizenship in exchange of investments.

So, your method will leave the state with 400 a year. And maybe even less, because Peters friend may decide to leave with him, and this friend happens to be Michael 's employer.
Peter and Michael´s employer thought they were smart but Peter´s app suddenly disappeared from the app store.
I already said that Peter is a collective image, remember? There are thousands of Peters who produce various products from apps to socks.
They have to learn to be grateful for the opportunity at all. If Peter wouldn´t have to pay the tax, there would be no infrastructure, ect. And even if Peter managed to get rich nevertheless, who stops Michael who is just underway to Peter´s mansion?
I repeat it once more that Peter doesn't refuse to pay taxes. He already pays them more than a hundred of Michaels.

Forum List

Back