Media Bias

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
I was watching NBC Evening News last night, and was kind of amazed at the Bias.

They spent the first ten minutes talking about the News Corp Scandal. No real new news to report their, so they spent 10 minutes rehashing it for those who came in late.

Then they got into the economic news. Well, nothing good for their Hero, "The One" there. No Debt agreement, Cisco Systems is laying off 9% of its workforce, Borders Books is closing all of it's locations. Yup, Just another happy day of Hope and Change there.

They spent the first ten minutes talking about the News Corp Scandal. No real new news to report their, so they spent 10 minutes rehashing it for those who came in late.

Then they got into the economic news. Well, nothing good for their Hero, "The One" there. No Debt agreement, Cisco Systems is laying off 9% of its workforce, Borders Books is closing all of it's locations. Yup, Just another happy day of Hope and Change there.

That can't be right, Faux News are the only biased media in the country. Jeeeeez, everyone knows that!

*Sarcasm*

Somebody got his talking point for today. I just heard Steve Douchie talking about this on Fox and Freaks. Circling the wagons for their Godfather Murdoch.

"Don't look at the horrible, horrible man that tapped the phones of murder victims...look at something else".

So, what are they talking about over on Faux? What Casey Anthony had for breakfast maybe?

Somebody got his talking point for today. I just heard Steve Douchie talking about this on Fox and Freaks. Circling the wagons for their Godfather Murdoch.

"Don't look at the horrible, horrible man that tapped the phones of murder victims...look at something else".

So, what are they talking about over on Faux? What Casey Anthony had for breakfast maybe?

But here's the thing. MSNBC and NBC talked about Casey for months and months... like this petty white trash murder trial was the most important thing in the country.

Frankly, I kind of don't care about this non-scandal about phone tapping. If we the news consumers here in the US and UK keep buying this crap, you can't fault them for providing it to us (and yes, I put all the media corporations in on this one.) No one really cared when they were tapping the phones of the Royals (useless people) or Celebrities (even more useless, mostly.) But now it's a big deal because hey, they might have tapped phones of more sympathetic people?

I was remarking on what NBC, which seems to be sapping off some of the poison from MSNBC, is putting it's priorities askew.

10 minutes on the Murdoch NON-Story that isn't even happening in this country.
1 minute on how bad the economy is continuing to tank in the third year of "Hope and Change".

If you are a Borders or Cisco employee, which do you think you really care more about?

Turn off the BS, Foxbots

Don't watch Fox or MSNBC, unless I'm totally bored and channel surfing.

But you miss my point.

This Debt Ceiling thing is serious business. That's what they keep telling us. Serious, serious stuff.

So why does NBC only give it less than a minute while the Murdoch Story gets a full ten?

Frankly, I see news outlets criticizing each others ethic's being somewhat akin to prostitutes criticizing each other's virtue. They all do unethical things, and they all focus on things that aren't important, because the important stuff is boring to the person who stuff his face with potato chips waiting for American Idol.

Or is it just that they don't like Rupert's politics?

The NEWS, in case you missed it is that Murdoch is being forced to step down. That IS news. Now, would you like some cheese to go with your whine?:eusa_eh:

Piers Morgan is sure keeping quiet about Murdock

What a guy :lol::lol:

I can't figure out the point of watching the news anymore, it doesn't really talk about grown up stories.

Sadly stuff like the Casey Anthony scenario happens all the time, but it was "big news" because she was a somewhat attractive middle income white girl. No way that story gets big if she's just ugly white trash or a black girl.

Then all the other stuff is Hollywood BS and political scandals, yawn.

1055569383_7254689907.jpg

The NEWS, in case you missed it is that Murdoch is being forced to step down. That IS news. Now, would you like some cheese to go with your whine?:eusa_eh:

Well, he wasn't stepping down as of half an hour ago, when NBC Nightly News dedicated ANOTHER 10 minutes to all things Murdoch, including 3 minutes on Wendy Murdoch and how she snapped back that little thug with the pie... too funny.

(does she have a sister?)

They did spend however, two whole minutes on the debt crisis tonight, as they have some polls were they could gin up the figures in a way where President Fail doesn't sound incompetent...

Really, it's kind of unseemly, like the ugly girl (MSNBC) boasting about how the homecoming queen (Fox) tore her dress.

Keep in mind, Fox has three times as many viewers as MSNBC, and now you know why.

Last edited:
And NBC News has 20 times Fox. The Networks bend over backwards to not offend RW whackos. Wendy also had an affair with and married the husband of the couple who had her as an exchange HS student, got her green card- quite a family.....

Last edited:
Heard a Cute story about Bias in the Florida State DMV today. Might as well relay it here. So a guy wants a Custom License plate that reads GoPalin. He get's rejected because "it's to political"

The Problem, The State in the past did issue a GoObama License Plate, and a GOGore Plate.

Hmmmmm

To political eh?

lol

NBC is the parent Company of MSNBC and is by far the most blatantly Liberally Biased Major Network.

No shocker here.

Yeah, and the news covered Casey Anthony for months because of their bias against child murders. And covered Anthony Weiner for weeks because they are bias against sexting. Why didn't they Spend more time covering the closing of the Solo cup factory?

Because the media deals mostly in sensationalism. Not some evil plot against debt ceilings or cisco employees.

And NBC News has 20 times Fox. The Networks bend over backwards to not offend RW whackos. Wendy also had an affair with and married the husband of the couple who had her as an exchange HS student, got her green card- quite a family.....

All of which NBC News had to let us know, as if it was important.

Of course, if she was a HS student and he was an adult who could sponsor her, I kind of think he'd be the one who'd be expected to show judgement.

(Then again, you probably think it's terrible that 24 year old interns seduce 50 year old presidents.)

Oh, as a point, the Network News Shows don't have a fraction of the audiences they used to have. Quick, name all three anchors. Doesn't pop into your head like Conkrite, Brinkley and Huntley, does it?

MSNBC is really trying to copy Fox's model, and failing.

I don't see where they are bending over backwards, I see where they bend forward (or maybe that's "lean foreward" to stick their bias into the news when they should just be reporting it.

Speaking as an old person, one of my all time favorite movies is "Network" from 1976. It tells the story of a news anchor who goes mad, and is made into a media sensation.

The sad thing is, Howard Beale seems relatively sedate compared to Beck and Olbermann.

Yeah, and the news covered Casey Anthony for months because of their bias against child murders. And covered Anthony Weiner for weeks because they are bias against sexting. Why didn't they Spend more time covering the closing of the Solo cup factory?

Because the media deals mostly in sensationalism. Not some evil plot against debt ceilings or cisco employees.

As someone who used to work a Solo Cup vendor, when aren't those fools closing factories? They closed dozens when I worked for a company that provided their boxes. Did they close another one? They were closing factories when the economy was good. Because they're fugging idiots.

But come on, the thing is, the economic news is so bad, that these guys in the Obama cheering section just can't report anything good, so they hope the can distract us with Anthony or Weiner or any other story that is not about how their guy is giving Jimmy Carter a whole new dignity. The fact it's Murdoch is just icing on the cake.

So the news isn't just following the stories that get the most ratings or is the most sensational they only report those things to keep your eye off Obama specifically?

Now if you said they cover that type of bullshit to keep us dumb then I'd agree with ya. But you think they are doing what they have always done because one day there will be Obama? That's silly

BTW they are closing a solo factory in MD..

Forum List

Back