Medal Of Honor

Just a couple of links that give a bit more than the ceremony:

This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here Blog Archive SSG Sal Giunta’s Day

links to several sites, including an interview on 60 Minutes.

and of course, 'the official site':

Staff Sergeant Salvatore A. Giunta - Medal of Honor Recipient for the United States Army

and very cool video of him on his story:

The Sal Giunta Story on Vimeo

Just a couple of links that give a bit more than the ceremony:

This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here Blog Archive SSG Sal Giunta’s Day

links to several sites, including an interview on 60 Minutes.

and of course, 'the official site':

Staff Sergeant Salvatore A. Giunta - Medal of Honor Recipient for the United States Army

and very cool video of him on his story:

The Sal Giunta Story on Vimeo

Thanks hon.

He is such a great guy, and so humble.

:thup:

Did you know that the Victoria Cross, the equivalent of the Medal of Honour, is caste using the iron from a cannonball that was fired during the Crimean War (1853-56). They reckon there's only enough left for another eighty medals.

But aside from that - Congratulations to Staff Sgt Giunta.

I've been thinking of putting together a Veteran's Day lesson plan, incorporating MOH winners from the beginning of the award. If there's one thing kids can use today it's heroes. They absolutely go nuts for the vets! So much better than when I was a kid.

I watched that whole Medal of Honor Award Ceremony on tv. I have to say that it is the only thing I have ever seen President Obama do that I thought he did well. The soldier that received the MOH is truly a great American and a very fine man.

I watched that whole Medal of Honor Award Ceremony on tv. I have to say that it is the only thing I have ever seen President Obama do that I thought he did well. The soldier that received the MOH is truly a great American and a very fine man.

I have to give credit where credit is due.... I agree, well done! :clap2:

and to all the Medal of Honor winners

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING, and for some... it was everything :(

It got me to start looking at medal winners and what they did during Iraq and Afghanistan and I'm amazed at the number of brave soldiers who never make the news.

Like this guy. He was one of the first pilots to patrol US skies immediately after 9/11.

Lt. Col. Victor Fehrenbach - born on an Air Force base, served his country for over 18 years, flown 88 combat missions, over 2000 total flying hours, over 400 combat hours, 9 medals - one of those being for heroism for his involvement in a 2003 Iraq mission.
On April 3, 2003, Air Force Lt. Col. Victor Fehrenbach flew in an F-15E toward an Iraqi ambush site about a mile from U.S. Army troops advancing on Baghdad airport.

Fehrenbach faced anti-aircraft fire, surface-to-air missiles and a mechanical problem on his wingman's plane. Still, the weapons systems officer aboard the plane helped destroy the enemy position and helped clear the way for the Army to take the airport that night. For his heroism, the Notre Dame grad won an Air Medal with a valor device, one of his nine Air Medals.

Air Force Hero CBS News

Inspiring.

Just a technicality, but people don't "win" the Medal of Honor. They "receive it".

It's not correct to say "Medal of Honor Winner", it's "Medal of Honor Recipient".

Inspiring.

Just a technicality, but people don't "win" the Medal of Honor. They "receive it".

It's not correct to say "Medal of Honor Winner", it's "Medal of Honor Recipient".

:clap2:

Great point man....! Seriously....

That was bugging me too.... Guys dont ever want to "win" that honor.... b/c it is usually received posthumously (hope I got spelling OK)

Congrats and Thank you.

All the Medal of Honor Recipients are true American hero's. I do think there are many more that do not receive the MOH that deserve it and are hero's too that we never hear about.

You want a MOH winner from the past to use as someone to look up to and you only have to look at WWI with Sgt. York. He was a real American.

Congrats and Thank you.

All the Medal of Honor Recipients are true American hero's. I do think there are many more that do not receive the MOH that deserve it and are hero's too that we never hear about.

You want a MOH winner from the past to use as someone to look up to and you only have to look at WWI with Sgt. York. He was a real American.

I got to hear Gordon Roberts (until now the only active duty service member who received the medal of honor and was still on active duty) speak as a 2LT at Ft. Benning. Very down to earth.

I still remember he said "The Medal of Honor and a $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee".

Forum List

Back