~Meatloaf Talk~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Seriously....do you cringe when you discover your spouse or parent has prepared meatloaf for dinner??
Or does someone in your family have a special way to make it, to make it "oh so good"??
You know, meatloaf just isn't one of those special always asked for dinner meats.

meatloaf is great.

Is easy as hell to make tastey.

i sometimes grill up meatloaf burgers and freeze then for quick lunches or dinners

meatloaf is great.

Is easy as hell to make tastey.

i sometimes grill up meatloaf burgers and freeze then for quick lunches or dinners

I agree it's easy to make tasty....but when my children were young...they always hated when I made it......mine wasn't jazzed up enough I guess ~LoL~
Now...I don't even make it anymore, but I do like it....I like to try other peoples'.

Seriously....do you cringe when you discover your spouse or parent has prepared meatloaf for dinner??
Or does someone in your family have a special way to make it, to make it "oh so good"??
You know, meatloaf just isn't one of those special always asked for dinner meats.

It isn't? Please don't tell my son: he asks me to make it when he's coming home for a visit.

My sister's meatloaf isn't bad, either!

Everyone who has had my meatloaf thinks it's yummy. What makes a good meatloaf is the right consistency...not too dense, but doesn't fall apart either. I use Italian bread crumbs, egg, milk, finely chopped onion, ketchup, barbeque sauce and several spices. My favorite side with it is buttered egg noodles sprinkled with parmesan cheese.

Make it with two-thirds 90/10 ground beef (leaner the better) and one-third sausage.
You will get plenty of fat goodness from the sausage so don't worry about the lean beef.
I make it with hot sausage.

Everyone who has had my meatloaf thinks it's yummy. What makes a good meatloaf is the right consistency...not too dense, but doesn't fall apart either. I use Italian bread crumbs, egg, milk, finely chopped onion, ketchup, barbeque sauce and several spices. My favorite side with it is buttered egg noodles sprinkled with parmesan cheese.

That sounds yummy. I use tomato sauce, egg, LOTS of diced onion, minced garlic, mushrooms, soy sauce, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, pepper and ground beef. It's a recipe my dad made up, but I amp up the seasonings.

All of that except the ketchup part. It's so much better to use a can of tomato sauce. I use Hunts.

All of that except the ketchup part. It's so much better to use a can of tomato sauce. I use Hunts.

I think this is where I fucked up mostly...using ketchup. Sometimes I would use barbeque sauce.
My children liked ketchup...and I don't think my meatloaf was that bad......but it never got raves from the kids :eusa_shifty:

I loved my Mom's meatloaf. But I can't remember the recipe. :(

I suspect that if I ever ran across the exact recipe, I wouldn't recognize it. I have a hunch that it woudn't seem "the same" even if it was exactly the same. Not unless I found it written in her hand.

It was something simple enough for me to think it was easy to make when I was 12 or so. I just can't remember enough about it now.

I get high marks for mine. I go 1 lbs ground beef and 1 lbs ground lamb and put BBQ sauce on the top.

That reminds me. I have to go to the butchers.

I think this is where I fucked up mostly...using ketchup. Sometimes I would use barbeque sauce.
My children liked ketchup...and I don't think my meatloaf was that bad......but it never got raves from the kids :eusa_shifty:

Ketchup offers almost nothing to food, in my opinion. Ill use it for french fries and that's about it. Otherwise I think it's kind of gross.

Add a can of tomato sauce to about 1.5 lbs of meat and whatever other ingredients you use. I promise it'll be much better.

Forum List

Back