Meat Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't eat your meat glue, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat glue?!

Now that is some SCARY shit!

The lecture is a bit long but i will make time to watch it all. I got the the fish and want to see the rest of it. Thanks.

As a food professional i an see why this would be an exciting product. It allows you to manipulate foods in a way that is not...shall we say natural. But also as a food professional...i would have this product outlawed!

Last edited:
I only watched the first video, and had trouble working up any outrage...until they mentioned rare steak.

The reason it is relatively safe to cook steak to medium rare or rare is because the uncooked meat has not been exposed to the outside world.

With this glued meat, the center has been exposed to the outside world and should, like hamburger, be cooked thoroughly to at least medium well.

Like many, I never eat steak cooked beyond medium rare. Without proper labeling, people have no idea that they are exposing themselves to possible food poisoning at a restaurant...they expect an equal or higher quality steak than what they prepare at home to medium rare with minimal risk of internal food borne bacteria.

Last edited:
The reason it is relatively safe to cook steak to medium rare or rare is because the uncooked meat has not been exposed to the outside world.

With this glued meat, the center has been exposed to the outside world and should, like hamburger, be cooked thoroughly to at least medium well.

Like many, I never eat steak cooked beyond medium rare. Without proper labeling, people have no idea that they are exposing themselves to possible food poisoning at a restaurant...they expect an equal or higher quality steak than what they prepare at home to medium rare with minimal risk of internal food borne bacteria.
This.

Jeepers.....I watched all of the first video, but hey, we all ate a little glue when we were kids, am I right?? ~LoL~!
Just messin.....this is sick. I always order my steaks medium, I like the pink/red inside, and rib-eye is my favorite!
Damn, it's getting to where we don't know what to eat anymore. And I don't eat pork, so that part isn't a concern to me personally, nor do I eat seafood of any kind. But I do like my hamburgers/steaks etc.

Bleah. I am so not interested in consuming Meat Glue.

• Banned
I only watched the first video, and had trouble working up any outrage...until they mentioned rare steak.

Another concern: Jews, Muslims, and some Christians can't eat pig products. If there is no labeling to inform them that an enzyme from pig's blood has been used to glue their cow together, then it becomes impossible for them to follow their religion's dietary restrictions.

The solution is quite simple.

We have truth in labeling laws. Anybody selling Meat Glue has a legal obligation to label it so that the consumer understands what it is (including restaurants). If they don't, they are committing a form of fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back