Feds admit vaccine
'aggravated' autism
Critics: Ruling major concession
after years of government denials

Posted: February 28, 2008
6:43 pm Eastern

© 2010 WorldNetDaily

David Kirby

The federal government continues to deny a link between vaccines and autism, but the U.S. Court of Federal Claims has ruled in favor of a child alleged to have regressed into autism as a result of vaccinations.

Several of the vaccinations included the controversial mercury-based preservative thimerosal, points out the National Autism Association, which sees the ruling as confirmation of the claims of many parents.

"This case echoes the stories of thousands of children across the country," said NAA President Wendy Fournier. "With almost 5,000 similar cases pending in vaccine court, we are confident that this is just the first of many that will confirm what we have believed for so long – vaccines can and do cause children to regress into autism."

Feds admit vaccine 'aggravated' autism

Yeah, aggravated, not CAUSED. Big difference. And what's to say an illness in the future or some other event that triggers an immune response won't lead to aggravation of autism?

Rev Neurol. 2010 Mar 3;50 Suppl 3:S91-9.
[Autism and vaccinations: the end?]
[Article in Spanish]

Artigas-Pallarés J.

Hospital de Sabadell, Centre Mèdic Psyncron, Barcelona, España. [email protected]
INTRODUCTION: Of the different theories explaining the aetiology of autism, one that has achieved widespread popularity among the general public is the involvement of the MMR vaccine as the causation of autism. The connection between vaccines and autism rests upon two theories. On the one hand, the anti-measles fraction of the vaccine is attributed with the development of an enteropathy due to malabsorption, which would facilitate the absorption of toxic neuropeptides and the effects of this process on the brain would favour the appearance of autism. The other theory involves thimerosal (a combination of ethylmercury and thiosalicylate), which is used as a preservative in some vaccines, including the MMR. The data in favour of these hypotheses have led to a great amount of social alarm, especially in certain areas that are more inclined to accept 'alternative' therapies and hypotheses. DEVELOPMENT AND CONCLUSIONS: This article analyses the data on which the involvement of the MMR vaccine in autism is based. It also underlines the weakness of the anti-vaccine arguments, as well as the forceful, convincing response, based on experimental and epidemiological work, that has been generated following the notable social unrest. Running parallel to the scientific debate, there has also been a legal discussion, which has arisen as a consequence of the more than 5,000 lawsuits filed in the United States, and in which the claims for financial compensation together amount to two thousand million dollars. On 12th February 2009, following a court hearing in which the specific case of a girl called Michelle Cedillo was taken as an example, the court ruled that the overall weight of the evidence was overwhelmingly opposed to the theories put forward by the plaintiffs.

Time. 2010 Feb 15;175(6):18.
Debunked. A pivotal paper linking vaccines and autism is retracted. Will the antivaccine movement go on?

Curr Opin Pediatr. 2010 Apr;22(2):219-25.
What causes autism? Exploring the environmental contribution.
Landrigan PJ.

Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Children's Environmental Health Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA. [email protected]
PURPOSE OF REVIEW: Autism is a biologically based disorder of brain development. Genetic factors--mutations, deletions, and copy number variants--are clearly implicated in causation of autism. However, they account for only a small fraction of cases, and do not easily explain key clinical and epidemiological features. This suggests that early environmental exposures also contribute. This review explores this hypothesis. RECENT FINDINGS: Indirect evidence for an environmental contribution to autism comes from studies demonstrating the sensitivity of the developing brain to external exposures such as lead, ethyl alcohol and methyl mercury. But the most powerful proof-of-concept evidence derives from studies specifically linking autism to exposures in early pregnancy - thalidomide, misoprostol, and valproic acid; maternal rubella infection; and the organophosphate insecticide, chlorpyrifos. There is no credible evidence that vaccines cause autism. SUMMARY: Expanded research is needed into environmental causation of autism. Children today are surrounded by thousands of synthetic chemicals. Two hundred of them are neurotoxic in adult humans, and 1000 more in laboratory models. Yet fewer than 20% of high-volume chemicals have been tested for neurodevelopmental toxicity. I propose a targeted discovery strategy focused on suspect chemicals, which combines expanded toxicological screening, neurobiological research and prospective epidemiological studies.

Last edited:
no its not a big difference at all its laywer speak and its what courts reluctantly admit... so far

You know nothing about science than. That's not lawyer speak at all. Lawyer have nothing to do with the science

It was only a matter of time before these rabid "anti-vax" nutters started putting children besides their own at risk.

Measles Resurgence Tied To Parents' Vaccine Fears : NPR

Of course the anti-vax people are usually the same ones ratcheting up the hysteria on the faux autism "epidemic" as a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy.

Anecdotally I've noted the radio ads run by propaganda mills such as Autism Speaks are broadcast by left-leaning stations. Seems that rampant paranoia and mistrust of government are not the sole purvey of the far right fringe.

When my son was first diagnosed with autism, I got hold of an admittedly old book on the subject. It said autism affected 1 in 25,000 people. Today it affects 1 in 166 or 1 in 150, depending on which study you are reading. Considering I have two son's with autism, I think the hysteria is warranted. Personally, I'd rather my son had had measles as a kid than autism his whole life.

I tell people today to wait until their kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. The higher ups in the Autism community, while praising the benefits of vaccines, it turns out, they wait until their own kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. It seems that a 3 year old can better deal with the side effects of the vaccines than an infant.

And what exactly do you mean by "faux" autism epidemic? You telling me my kids don't really have autism? What is it they have?

You have to take into account also the fact that 'back in the day' they didn't have the expertise to recognize and diagnose autism as well as they do now. I also have the feeling that autism is being over-diagnosed. (I know I'm not the only one of that opinion, I can cite Thomas Sowell who wrote 'Late-Talking Children' and 'The Einstein Syndrome' who has expressed over and over that too much of an early screening for autism will lead to over-diagnosis of this disease, etc.) Also, you have to take into account the fact that nowadays, people are having kids late in life and late in life is 35+ and it is well documented that the incidence of autistic children being born to women after the age of 35 sharply raises (and men over 40 or so as well, let's not leave out the men).

Excuse my sarcasm, I'm sorry your kids are autistic, but I've seen kids who according to my totally uneducated opinion just simply have problems with authority and don't want to bother to listen to their parents or sit on their asses for an extended period of time and pay attention, but they are being excused because of their ADD and ADHD and autism and who knows what the hell else. I'm not saying all kids, I'm not saying that even majority, but sometimes the 'diagnosis' really boggles the mind. Sometimes a bit more parenting would be much more effective than stuffing the poor souls full of pills. Also, just stop and think who profits from over-diagnosing this. The pharmaceutical companies.

So yeah, I'm not saying your kids are not autistic and I'm not saying you are a bad mom, so please don't take this personally. However, not everything is as black and white and not all the numbers are reliable.

Last edited:
Over-diagnosis of autism cont.:

I love these two quotes:

Professor Priscilla Alderson, from the London's Institute of Education, is an expert in childhood studies. She says that some children who have been diagnosed as having a behavioural disorder, may just need to "let off steam".

She thinks that hyperactive disorders and mild autism are being diagnosed too often. After meeting with 27 autistic pupils, she said: "Of those, only two that I met displayed the lack of contact and absence of empathy which denotes true autism."

Professor Alderson goes on to say: "Children need the space and freedom to play, run and climb - without that, they are restless and come to be seen as abnormally 'hyperactive'."

It was only a matter of time before these rabid "anti-vax" nutters started putting children besides their own at risk.

Measles Resurgence Tied To Parents' Vaccine Fears : NPR

Of course the anti-vax people are usually the same ones ratcheting up the hysteria on the faux autism "epidemic" as a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy.

Anecdotally I've noted the radio ads run by propaganda mills such as Autism Speaks are broadcast by left-leaning stations. Seems that rampant paranoia and mistrust of government are not the sole purvey of the far right fringe.

When my son was first diagnosed with autism, I got hold of an admittedly old book on the subject. It said autism affected 1 in 25,000 people. Today it affects 1 in 166 or 1 in 150, depending on which study you are reading. Considering I have two son's with autism, I think the hysteria is warranted. Personally, I'd rather my son had had measles as a kid than autism his whole life.

I tell people today to wait until their kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. The higher ups in the Autism community, while praising the benefits of vaccines, it turns out, they wait until their own kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. It seems that a 3 year old can better deal with the side effects of the vaccines than an infant.

And what exactly do you mean by "faux" autism epidemic? You telling me my kids don't really have autism? What is it they have?

You have to take into account also the fact that 'back in the day' they didn't have the expertise to recognize and diagnose autism as well as they do now. I also have the feeling that autism is being over-diagnosed. (I know I'm not the only one of that opinion, I can cite Thomas Sowell who wrote 'Late-Talking Children' and 'The Einstein Syndrome' who has expressed over and over that too much of an early screening for autism will lead to over-diagnosis of this disease, etc.) Also, you have to take into account the fact that nowadays, people are having kids late in life and late in life is 35+ and it is well documented that the incidence of autistic children being born to women after the age of 35 sharply raises (and men over 40 or so as well, let's not leave out the men).

Excuse my sarcasm, I'm sorry your kids are autistic, but I've seen kids who according to my totally uneducated opinion just simply have problems with authority and don't want to bother to listen to their parents or sit on their asses for an extended period of time and pay attention, but they are being excused because of their ADD and ADHD and autism and who knows what the hell else. I'm not saying all kids, I'm not saying that even majority, but sometimes the 'diagnosis' really boggles the mind. Sometimes a bit more parenting would be much more effective than stuffing the poor souls full of pills. Also, just stop and think who profits from over-diagnosing this. The pharmaceutical companies.

So yeah, I'm not saying your kids are not autistic and I'm not saying you are a bad mom, so please don't take this personally. However, not everything is as black and white and not all the numbers are reliable.

Oh, forgot to mention the age thing, thanks for bringing that up. THat is a huge thing also, as many people aren't having kids until their 30's and even later, adding to the risk

no its not a big difference at all its laywer speak and its what courts reluctantly admit... so far

You know nothing about science than. That's not lawyer speak at all. Lawyer have nothing to do with the science

so man made global warming must be real and OJs forensic defense experts accurate...you know nothing of reality
:lol: As you show your ignorance. Enough addressing delusional,science hating idiots

Sorry scientific idiot, correlation does not equate to causation. Being a mother doesn't suddenly make you a medical doctor and scientific expert.

Facts show that its not vaccine that is the cause of autism

Depends on the facts you are looking at, why add a rider to the Patriot Act protecting Ely Lilly from being sued for causing autism if they didn't cause autism?

We never used to give infants the number of vaccines we give them today. And as I said, the higher ups don't get their kids vaccinated until they turn 3, and then it's one at a time. Oh, and btw, they don't tell you that, unless you specifically ask them in a private conversation.

As for mother being a medical expert, no one knows their child better. The first time I mentioned that I thought my oldest had Asperger's Syndrome, the school psychologist gave me all the reasons why he didn.t Then the psychiatrist the school sent me to, when I mentioned it, again gave me all the reasons why he didn't have it. Then, a couple of years later I took him to a private psychiatrist and didn't mention a thing...guess what he was diagnosed with, yeah Asperger's Syndrome.

My youngest, the one with the most severe autism, wasn't diagnosed with actual autism until he was 8. Seems even neurologists don't want to listen to the moms. Funny, the same neurologist diagnosed him with DDD at 5, then just casually mentioned that he had autism 3 years later. I called him on it. He didn't recall me ever saying any such thing.

Of course an expert on autism that I heard speak at a seminar said that DDD was the diagonses doctors used for autism when they didn't want to panic the parents.

Now, my family doctor that we've had since before either of the kids were born not only listens to me, he gave me tons of information on autism from the medical website that I wouldn't normally have access to and then he basically said to me "If you need any help....oh never mind, you'll understand it."

My doctor recognizes that I'm not stupid and that being a mom, I'm better able to diagnose my son than anybody else. I took my oldest off of his meds when he developed a facial tick. I had discovered that particular medication could cause torrets. My doctor told me I was wrong, then called me up the next day to say he spoke with a pediatric neurologist and I was right.

See when my kids first stated having problems I started getting involved. I even joined PAVE (parents are vital in education) and served as a community liaison for awhile helping other parents deal with the public school system. Unfortunately I was better at helping them than I was my own kids. I fought for years for our district to put in the TEACH system for autistic kids, you know when they finally did it? Yeah, when my youngest was in tenth grade. Kind of stupid at that point, don't ya think? All those reasons for not doing it went away when the number of autistic kids in the school district increased with our population explosion.

I have a book on neurobiological disorders in children and adolescents. That was actually used as a textbook for the medical students at the UW. I found out about it at a seminar for autism and had to order it from the UW bookstore. My son's dentist saw me reading it and ordered his own copy.

Now as for the vaccines...I used to think they didn't cause autism either, my doctor still swears they don't, but I can't think of any other reason for that rider on the patriot act that was put there by a senator who immediately retired. Seems they knew what the fallout would be and picked him specifically so that no other senator would lose their job over it.

I still do not think they are the only cause, anymore than smoking is the only cause for cancer. I do however, think the vaccines are to autism what cigarettes are to lung cancer.

Why? because regardless of all the scientific evidence, court rulings, etc that show that vaccine is not the cause of autism, you still get people claiming that it is and continue to sue them, based solely on observation and lack of knowledge of science. THe vaccines may trigger the defect, but its not the cause. And an argument like rodishi made of "the mother had witnessed their child change" is not scientific explanation. Sure they know their kid, but they don't know the science behind it. That's not a scientific answer, that's falsely claiming correlation does not cause causation. Studies confirm otherwise, and its not conspiracy theories, the studies are done by independent academic researchers

And your argument "I can't see why they protected them if it didn't cause autism" is yet another poor argument for vaccine causing autism.

The cause of autism is not currently known, but I'd be willing to bet it has a lot to do with toxins and stuff in the environment and most likely preservative laced foods that people are eating more these days.

Problem is, prior to vaccine, many children died in childhood from the diseases we vaccinate against. Many people are alive today thanks to vaccinations, which have been going on for decades without rises in autism.

Um actually Autism wasn't diagnosed at all before vaccines came out. And then when it was diagnosed, it was most common in wealthy families (those who could afford the new vaccines).

I agree it has to do with toxins in the environment...I also think the vaccines aka mercury, are a trigger. Kind of like cigarettes are a trigger for lung cancer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI&feature=related]YouTube - More Doctors Smoke Camels Than Any Other Cigarette[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JkcHW_w114]YouTube - Nicotine is not addictive - www.logicalscience.com[/ame]

Forum List

Back