Meanwhile, in fdr's Concentration Camps....

Where is the condemnation in any topic in here ever against the actions of Japan poop head? Because I have never seen you give any, ever. You just deflect it and spin in another direction.
You have failed logic yet again.

In fact, here is something that many may not know.

A few days ago, Hiroshi Miyamura died at the age of 97. One of the last two soldiers to have earned the Medal of Honor during the Korean War.

He was a nisei, a second generation Japanese-American in Japanese terminology (in common US terminology he would be a first generation American). However, as he was born in New Mexico and were living there when the US entered the war, they were not forced to relocate. The family remained in Gallup for the entirety of the war without issue. And in 1945 he joined the Army, and was assigned to the 100th Infantry Battalion of the 442nd Infantry Regiment. And after hid discharge at the end of the war, he enlisted in the Army Reserve.

Where he went on to fight in Korea. Captured after remaining behind to cover his retreating unit, he even refused to leave the side of wounded comrades as the North Koreans had a reputation of executing wounded survivors they captured. His Medal of Honor request was submitted while he was still a prisoner, and was the first one to be classified as "Top Secret", for his own protection. He was only notified of the award almost two and a half years later when he was finally repatriated and the DoD finally made it public.

Hershey-Miyamura-receiving-Medal-of-Honor-from-Eishenhauer_91852798b59be8b28fc00edfe4aec23a.jpg

But he is a great example to show that not all Japanese were "rounded up". Only those in a limited area that would not or could not relocate farther inland.

I read it and it supports my position. It doesn't address the legal responsibilities of the American government to protect those Issei from harm and to make every reasonable attempt to repatriate them to Japan. Putting American citizens of Japanese, Italian or German extraction in internment camps was patently illegal and a moral failure of America.

It doesn't address the legal responsibilities of the American government to protect those Issei from harm and to make every reasonable attempt to repatriate them to Japan. Putting American citizens of Japanese, Italian or German extraction in internment camps was patently illegal and a moral failure of America.

And that even brings up the difference between what happened in the US, and in other countries.

In Germany, not only were the Jews put into camps, the attacks and persecution of them by civilians was encouraged by the Government. Attacks upon them were not allowed, and even those who relocated could take all of their belongings and settle their affairs prior to that.

Compare that to those of other countries. Who were simply swept up after months or years of official terror by their government. Only to have all of their assets seized by the government, all property taken, and even what little they had taken away as soon as they reached the camps.

I find it sad that some can not see any difference between the two. To even try and compare them is an insult to those who survived the Holocaust.

No one disagrees with that. Everyone knows the camps existed, that they were bad, that zero Japanese Americans were ever found guilty of collusion with the Empire of Japan.

It’s taught extensively in public schools. Back in the eighties, we read Farewell to Manzanar.

The way you present it, though, makes it seem like you’re grouping the internment camps of Japanese-Americans in with Hitler’s extermination camps or Stalin’s gulags. Not even close.

Most people at the time would have made the same decision as FDR did; hindsight is worthless in judging existential realities on the ground. When a country is attacked no one is going to tie up the legislatures for years debating pros and cons of some small issue like interning enemy aliens and a demographic that had been showing a lot of enthusiastic support for a foreign country's war successes for the previous 20 years.

Last edited:
Your so-called “facts” are bullshit

Lying to childten [sic] by equating Hitler and FDR is unacceptable
YOU are the one doing such equating. I have just pointed out the FACT that fdr had CONCENTRATION CAMPS built in the US and threw US citizens and other innocent civilians into them. FACT. If that threatens your hero worship of the scumbag fdr, that's too damn bad.

Most people at the time would have made the same decision as FDR did; hindsight is worthless in judging existential realities on the ground. When a country is attacked no one is going to tie up the legislatures for years debating pros and cons of some small issue like interning enemy aliens and a demographic that had been showing a lot of enthusiastic support for a foreign country's war successes for the previous 20 years.
You don't deserve freedom.

YOU are the one doing such equating. I have just pointed out the FACT that fdr had CONCENTRATION CAMPS built in the US and threw US citizens and other innocent civilians into them. FACT. If that threatens your hero worship of the scumbag fdr, that's too damn bad.
And you manage to tell that lie about yourself with a straight face

Amazing

You don't deserve freedom.

Now wait a minute. Did you actually just say that because somebody does not agree with you, they do not "deserve freedom"?

Holy hell, talk about an extremist! That there is a perfect example of how out of kilter you are. Everybody deserves the exact same freedoms, if I agree with hem or not. I will even fight for the right of those that do not agree with me, as that is completely irrelevant on their rights. And you just openly said pretty much that those that do not agree with you do not deserve them.

And you claim to be a teacher? Holy hell, I hope it is nothing more than fingerpainting. That is not the kind of lessons and behavior we should be teaching our children.

Try reading again.

I read it, and posted your entire post.

Oh, let me guess. What you said is not really what you said. The rest was in... invisible e-ink?

Oh, and still waiting for that alternate translation of your name. You are the one that was whining that myself and others were mistranslating it. Why are you unwilling or unable to give us the correct translation then? You are the one that said we were wrong, so correct us then poopface.

I read it, and posted your entire post.

Oh, let me guess. What you said is not really what you said. The rest was in... invisible e-ink?

It was in English. Sorry if that is a challenge for you.

Forum List

Back