Meanwhile, back in the POTUS race; Governor Romney Looks Strong in MO; weak elsewhere

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Mason Dixon poll has him up by nine on a July 25 poll.

A poll from the same day (Rasmussen) has him down by 3 in WI (that deficit will grow),

Various polls from the 23rd have the President up by 6 in MI, 5 in PA.

A poll from the 19th has Obama besting the governor by 5 in Florida.

Time is running out Governor....

Last edited:

A poll from the same day (Rasmussen) has him down by 3 in WI (that deficit will grow),

Looks like the GOP has a heap of vote suppression devices to get in place.

That's 46 electoral votes outside of Florida.

I forgot to add in Obama is up by 5 in Nevada according to a 7/24 poll from Rasmussen.

Electoral-vote.com

Looks like the GOP has a heap of vote suppression devices to get in place.

Well, the way I feel about it is that if either side is counting on voters who can't muster enough chutzpah to get proper documentation...they don't deserve to win.

I did hear one commentator posit that the PA push to have voter ID laws in place may backfire since expired drivers licenses will also be on the list. This would effect a lot of older people who tend to vote for GOP favorites.

MO votes bad. Rep. Billy Long is the prime example. Look up his record, look up his schooling. My family has personal experience with him, I still can't beleive people voted him to represent them.

edit: btw, some new conservatives trying to get into office are actually want MO to do as PA did, with the voting requirements.

Last edited:
"Looks like the GOP has a heap of vote suppression devices to get in place."

They got 'W' selected in 2000. What would stop them this time?

MO votes bad. Rep. Billy Long is the prime example. Look up his record, look up his schooling. My family has personal experience with him, I still can't beleive people voted him to represent them.

It's one of those states that seems as though it would have more influence. Middle of the country, some urban, some agrarian, mixture of races, not exactly north...not exactly south.

It's one of those states that seems as though it would have more influence. Middle of the country, some urban, some agrarian, mixture of races, not exactly north...not exactly south.

Maybe if Romney got MO's full support it might make him look better to the conservative base. Tradition/Conservative values are pretty strong, especially around the Ozarks.

Maybe if Romney got MO's full support it might make him look better to the conservative base. Tradition/Conservative values are pretty strong, especially around the Ozarks.

Yes and THAT is the needle he needs to move most of all. The hard right. At the present time, you'll notice there is almost zero enthusiasm for the Governor--look at how many threads are started here professing that enthusiasm; zippo.

If the weather is bad on 11/6; Obama may get 353 EVs as he did in 08 instead of the 310-320 I predict.

You put a bit too much faith in polls. If you want to cite polls then Rasmussen is best and Romney is in the margin of error..even after all Obie has thrown at him.

If the polls were not apparently fixed with a heavy tilt I would be worried. As it is I'm amused instead

Yes, only the polls you agree with are not "tilted". Gotcha.

Can ya cite the times where they actually amounted to more than a hill of beans?

The questions from both sides are always slanted, so I just tell pollsters to take a hike.
(That is on the few occasions I was actually called - very few)

Forum List

Back