Mean Joe finally comes home

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Steelers name Joe Greene to front office

PITTSBURGH (Ticker) - Hall of Famer "Mean" Joe Greene on Monday was named special assistant/player personnel for his former team, the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Greene, a defensive tackle on Pittsburgh's four Super Bowl champion teams, had spent the last eight seasons as the Arizona Cardinals defensive line coach.

"Having Joe Greene return to our organization is tremendous," Steelers chairman Dan Rooney said. "Joe has meant so much to our organization and this opportunity for him to return is something that was extremely appealing."

Greene will assist in evaluating pro and college players and handle other scouting activities.

"The Steelers had such a tremendous impact on my development and for my career," Greene said. "We had a lot of good times and we had some bad ones. We grew up together. It is wonderful to be back. This is perfect timing for a career change, I look forward to it. My feelings and love for the organization go without saying. It is an automatic."

Greene spent his entire playing career (1969-81) with the Steelers and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1987. He served as defensive line coach for the Steelers from 1987-92 and held the same position with the Miami Dolphins from 1992-95.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=steelersmeanjoe&prov=st&type=lgns

First off that is a true football player :clap:

But the way things are going for the Steelers he might want to suit up this year and play. lol

Originally posted by Moi
Great player. I'm not aware of his prowess as a coach. Best of luck to him though.

He was good as a defensive line coach. He'll be in a player personnel this time around.

Forum List

Back