Me and arch in Virgina City, Nevada...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
For someone who's never been to Nevada, let alone Virginia City, it's another world. We wear guns, knives, and some even carry their rifles. This is the old west in what glory it has left. A bastion of liberty in an America that's ever becoming a liberal shit hole. People giving up what freedoms they are supposed to have because they're too damn busy concentrating on what's their's. Ignoring the fact that their America is disappearing. Well, up here in Nevada, we CHERISH what America is, what America was, and what America should always be... right arch?

Archangle is a good man. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with him. He's a real man and isn't here on this board as anything he isn't. I hope to have another beer with him sometime soon.

So... on to the pictures. Arch walked up to me as I was listening to David John and the Comstock Cowboys in the Bucket of Blood Saloon and said, "are you Pale Rider?" I didn't expect to see him but there he was. I told him I'd brought my camera and that I'd have Wiskey take a picture of us so I could post it here. Well... here's me and arch in front of the Bucket of Blood Saloon up in Virginia City. He related to me that he wasn't real fond of guys as tall as me, so I stood on the down side of the sidewalk. I'm only 6' 2' barefoot, but with the Tony Lama's on, make that about 6' 5'.

x

We have a nice thing going in Nevada. The longer it lasts the better. It's our own little slice of heaven, where time has forgotten us, up in Virginia City.

What the beer?...LOL and you were right about the Miller Lite...woke up about 0130hrs with a major headache!

Just drink some more and it'll go away... :beer: :laugh:

Yup, it's a Pepsi day for me. Hell week starts Wednesday... :(

:D .... it was empty.

MOMMY RANT: :read:

Ahem

Boys, don't you know your NEVER supposed to point a gun at people. You never know if it's loaded or not. Do you have any idea how many people are shot by guns that arn't loaded??????????????

Always carry a gun with it pointed at the ground with your finger off the trigger.

Ok, all though, carry on. :D

Looks like a nice saloon though guys.

MOMMY RANT: :read:

Ahem

Boys, don't you know your NEVER supposed to point a gun at people. You never know if it's loaded or not. Do you have any idea how many people are shot by guns that arn't loaded??????????????

Always carry a gun with it pointed at the ground with your finger off the trigger.

Ok, all though, carry on. :D

Looks like a nice saloon though guys.

Earlier I'd personally held that pistol and checked to see if it was unloaded, and it was. If you look closely at the close up of arch pointing the pistol, you can see into the cylinder, and see that it's empty. Also, it's a single action pistol. It can't go off unless you cock it. It wasn't cocked either.

I grew up around guns. My father as well as grandparents were big hunters. We have lots of guns in our family. I'm very familiar with the workings of a gun, and have full respect for their capabilities. I'm just not paraniod around fire arms. If they're properly handled, no worries, and I think arch has handled a weapon or two in his day.

I've been in gun fight reenactments out at Goldfield outside of Apache Junction, Arizona, and had a pistol loaded with blanks fired at me, and I've shot blanks back at someone. That's about as close to being shot as you can get without actually being shot. Because you can feel the blast even from a blank. But it's fun... :D

http://www.goldfieldghosttown.com/about us.htm

gunfightku2.jpg

OK, my rants done... :)

Hey, I thought Beavis and Butthead were cancelled!

Really guys, that's nice and looks like a good place to quaff some brews!

Newkie Broon! That stuff will catch up to you real fast!

Told arch, "I can't drink that watered down domestic piss, don't have any taste". And he was drinking lite to top it off.

I like a beer I can sink my teeth into. Something with some flavor.

Forum List

Back