Me again. This time Windows 10 problem...What do I do now?

Woe is me. No one can answer my problem.
I would use malwarebytes
and Combo fix
heres a cool video
btw, I changed from a mechanical drive to an ssd drive and my pc went from a 79 read and write to a 520.
SSD drives will last 70 years or even a 1000 because they have no moving parts

Here's a video that might help. Do like he sez. use the portable version of these download programs
The Glary Utility worked really well, but it's real aggressive.

Piriform, therefore CCleaner is owned by Avast as of 2017........ They have had a couple of issues recently, one being hacked and malware added, two it became it's own malware with data collection that makes Microsoft's look tame.
Windows has it's own set of maintenance tools built in so CCleaner is not necessary. Needless to say CCleaner is no longer on any of my systems.

CCleaner is very usefull strip programs of the data they amass.

ccifjwu.jpg

CCEnhancer

I would use malwarebytes
and Combo fix
heres a cool video
btw, I changed from a mechanical drive to an ssd drive and my pc went from a 79 read and write to a 520.

Here's a video that might help. Do like he sez. use the portable version of these download programs

Piriform, therefore CCleaner is owned by Avast as of 2017........ They have had a couple of issues recently, one being hacked and malware added, two it became it's own malware with data collection that makes Microsoft's look tame.
Windows has it's own set of maintenance tools built in so CCleaner is not necessary. Needless to say CCleaner is no longer on any of my systems.

ccifjwu.jpg

CCEnhancer

Then you use it, I choose not to any longer.

https://www.howtogeek.com/361112/heres-what-you-should-use-instead-of-ccleaner/

I would use malwarebytes
and Combo fix
heres a cool video

His problem is already on his system
Using the portable versions don't download what you claim
He can delete the programs after he's done

I would use malwarebytes
and Combo fix
heres a cool video

ccifjwu.jpg

CCEnhancer

Not as comprehensive. But for regular usage it should be enough.

I would use malwarebytes
and Combo fix
heres a cool video

ccifjwu.jpg

CCEnhancer

Nope, never putting another registry cleaner on any of my systems again. They're honestly no longer needed especially with the risk involved.

I would use malwarebytes
and Combo fix
heres a cool video

ccifjwu.jpg

CCEnhancer

Nope, never putting another registry cleaner on any of my systems again. They're honestly no longer needed especially with the risk involved.

I meant the Windows tools in the article. But you are right. Registry cleaning is basically nonsense and even dangerous, although there could be entries that are no longer needed and can be removed. The removal does not provide any advantage though, while the tools may also delete important ones. Therefor, I never use this feature.

Last edited:
The answer was......Yes. (You could have installed Windows 10 on your old computer.)

Would that have fixed all your problems? Maybe, maybe not. If you had bad RAM for example, no it wouldn't.
If you had Malware or viruses on your system....yeah....temporarily.

My advice in your case would be what you did....get a newer system. Stuff does wear out. Even Motherboards (Caps etc)

But if you do not know how to protect your system and leave it vulnerable, then you'll probably end up back at the same bus stop soon.

I have Windows 7. When I bought my computer, I refused to get Windows 10 because I was used to 7. So now I hear I have to change to Widows 10 in January.

I was looking at new computers and then a bright thought came into my head...Get Windows 10 and load it in MY computer. Does that make sense? My computer freezes a lot...maybe that will help. But my knowledge is next to nil, so I thought I would have Geek Squad come out and do it for me. What do you think?

I googled "Geek Squad" and can't get an authentic Geek Squad contact. I hate the browser because that always happens. They give you ads instead of what you asked for. But, I digress...I just need some help.
Consider Linux

its a great os but applications are more limited

I have Windows 7. When I bought my computer, I refused to get Windows 10 because I was used to 7. So now I hear I have to change to Widows 10 in January.

I was looking at new computers and then a bright thought came into my head...Get Windows 10 and load it in MY computer. Does that make sense? My computer freezes a lot...maybe that will help. But my knowledge is next to nil, so I thought I would have Geek Squad come out and do it for me. What do you think?

I googled "Geek Squad" and can't get an authentic Geek Squad contact. I hate the browser because that always happens. They give you ads instead of what you asked for. But, I digress...I just need some help.
Consider Linux

It's already been suggested by other Linux "pushers". The OP basically knows how to turn the computer one on, surf the web and read his email, hopefully he doesn't think his optical drive is a cup holder...........
Now explain to him how to select a distro that might be most Windows like, download the disto, burn the ISO to a disc or even better burn it to a thumb drive (and all that entails) then how to install it on his new computer going into BIOs and reverting back to Legacy and setting the USB as the first boot option........ Then explain how to configure his OS, install restricted extras, select and apply restricted drivers, etc. Maybe get him started on Arch Linux right away, that'll be fun.

Last edited:

Consider Linux

It's already been suggested by other Linux "pushers". The OP basically knows how to turn the computer one on, surf the web and read his email, hopefully he doesn't think his optical drive is a cup holder...........
Now explain to him how to select a distro that might be most Windows like, download the disto, burn the ISO to a disc or even better burn it to a thumb drive (and all that entails) then how to install it on his new computer going into BIOs and reverting back to Legacy and setting the USB as the first boot option........ Then explain how to configure his OS, install restricted extras, select and apply restricted drivers, etc. Maybe get him started on Arch Linux right away, that'll be fun.
Thats more than I have time for

I like Linux personally, in part because of the command line terminal

But I am not a Linux expert, nor do I think it can replace Windows because of the limited software availability

Consider Linux

But I am not a Linux expert, nor do I think it can replace Windows because of the limited software availability
I was being sarcastic..........
What limited software? What? Are you still using one of the original distos? Where have you been this last couple of decades if you think software for Linux is limited? Command line? I use it once in a great while, mostly to 'sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade' though I really don't need to with the update manager............
Basically anything Debian and RPM based has every and any package (software) you could possibly want.

Last edited:

Consider Linux

What limited software? What? Are you still using one of the original distos? Where have you been this last couple of decades if you think software for Linux is limited? Command line? I use it once in a great while, mostly to 'sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade' though I really don't need to with the update manager............
Basically anything Debian and RPM based has every and any package (software) you could possibly want.
I have linux mint the latest version on an older 64 bit pc with max 4 gb of memory and a video cars that does not feature Cuda

And many of the best 3d rendering software such as Meshroom are Windows only

That is what I was thinking of when I mentioned limited software availability

otherwise I’m a big fan of Linux over Windows or Mac OS

Consider Linux

I have linux mint the latest version on an older 64 bit pc with max 4 gb of memory and a video cars that does not feature Cuda

If you're using CUDA rendering Linux is 20 -40% faster and from what I've read (I don't do rendering) some of the best 3d rendering programs are Linux based these days. The one area where Linux truly falls short is gaming which is why my primary computer runs Mint 19.3 but my super fast desktop is a Windows 10 gamer. I like my games........

Consider Linux

If you're using CUDA rendering Linux is 20 -40% faster and from what I've read (I don't do rendering) some of the best 3d rendering programs are Linux based these days. The one area where Linux truly falls short is gaming which is why my primary computer runs Mint 19.3 but my super fast desktop is a Windows 10 gamer. I like my games........
Meshroom is not the only software program but I like it the best

and it only runs on Windows which I like the least

Everyone has their preferences. I like Linux, Windows and OS X, not all that fond of Linux snobs, Microsoft or Apple. My Win 10 looks like my old Win 7 with all telemetry and Cortana completely disabled, I even put the old standard Win 7 games on my Win 10 devices.

Everyone has their preferences. I like Linux, Windows and OS X, not all that fond of Linux snobs, Microsoft or Apple. My Win 10 looks like my old Win 7 with all telemetry and Cortana completely disabled, I even put the old standard Win 7 games on my Win 10 devices.
I’m not qualified to be a Linux snob since I am far from an advanced user

I know my limitations and just try to keep up with changes the best I can

Linux snobs consist of two kinds, the purists who hate anything proprietary and claim all Linux distros should shun proprietary. The second are those Linux users who harangue people constantly; "WHY ARE YOU STILL USING WINDOWS, SWITCH TO LINUX BECAUSE IT"S BETTER!!!!!!" I call them the "pushers".

Linux snobs consist of two kinds, the purists who hate anything proprietary and claim all Linux distros should shun proprietary. The second are those Linux users who harangue people constantly; "WHY ARE YOU STILL USING WINDOWS, SWITCH TO LINUX BECAUSE IT"S BETTER!!!!!!" I call them the "pushers".
I dont think I fit in either catagory

Forum List

Back