Me again. This time Windows 10 problem...What do I do now?

I was just reading a about a Dell and it said .01 centemeter screen. Isn't that tiny? Wonder if we were looking at the same one. That does sound good except that screen thing Oh wait. No. I don't want a refurbished computer. I want a new one, not someone elses problem.
Don't know what you're referring to with the ".01" but as for the refurbished, it's no longer a problem. All my laptops are refurbished Dells and work perfectly, I build my own desktops.
I would get one YOU refurbished, but still not sure of soemine else.
It was an option, if you're against it you're against it. Also when it comes to Office you'll most likely be able to transfer it to the new computer, you can download it from Microsoft as long as you have the product key. If not LibreOffice is just as good and it's free.
Libre office? Where do I get that?
Also Open Office is free. I've been using it for years - spreadsheet, word processing, etc. I've refused to use Excel (which sucks anyway) ever since they used their bully power to put Lotus 1-2-3 under--the best spreadsheet ever. You could write macros right in the cells, analyze data in three dimensions (a z-axis Microsoft still can';t do).

LibreOffice and OpenOffice are outstanding free downloads that I've been completely satisfied with for years. Libre comes with free upgrades and all they ask is that, if you can, you might donate to keep them going.

i TRIED TO CANCEL IT BUT IT CAME ANYWAY. so, I am biting the bullet and getting a new Dell. It comes with the stuff I need. Merry Christmas to me. It's like getting a new washer for Christmas. Crap.

i TRIED TO CANCEL IT BUT IT CAME ANYWAY. so, I am biting the bullet and getting a new Dell. It comes with the stuff I need. Merry Christmas to me. It's like getting a new washer for Christmas. Crap.
You can always send it back. :dunno:

Should I just buy a new computer that has Windows 10 and none of the problems I have now?
Yes. There is a better than fair chance your CPU is obsolete and won't handle windows 10 well.

Since you already own Windows, you dont have to buy a new computer that comes packaged with Windows 10. You can build your own, then use your windows key to get Windows 10.

Should I just buy a new computer that has Windows 10 and none of the problems I have now?
Yes. There is a better than fair chance your CPU is obsolete and won't handle windows 10 well.

Since you already own Windows, you dont have to buy a new computer that comes packaged with Windows 10. You can build your own, then use your windows key to get Windows 10.
Build his own? He knows how to turn it on, surf the web, play some games and few other things as long as everything is already there and working, i.e. a typical user. Wouldn't be surprised if he originally thought the optical drive was a cup holder......... :dunno:

You can always send it back. :dunno:
They gave me the impression I couldn't. I don't want any more hassles. I'll just take it. I know it is a good one. Just more that what I wanted to pay, although this one costs less than any of my previous computers.

Build his own? He knows how to turn it on, surf the web, play some games and few other things as long as everything is already there and working, i.e. a typical user. Wouldn't be surprised if he originally thought the optical drive was a cup holder......... :dunno:
No. Sounds like a pair of glasses.

I have Windows 7. When I bought my computer, I refused to get Windows 10 because I was used to 7. So now I hear I have to change to Widows 10 in January.

I was looking at new computers and then a bright thought came into my head...Get Windows 10 and load it in MY computer. Does that make sense? My computer freezes a lot...maybe that will help. But my knowledge is next to nil, so I thought I would have Geek Squad come out and do it for me. What do you think?

I googled "Geek Squad" and can't get an authentic Geek Squad contact. I hate the browser because that always happens. They give you ads instead of what you asked for. But, I digress...I just need some help.
I was going to do that. But then I decided to just buy a windows 10 laptop sometime in December.

I have Windows 7. When I bought my computer, I refused to get Windows 10 because I was used to 7. So now I hear I have to change to Widows 10 in January.

I was looking at new computers and then a bright thought came into my head...Get Windows 10 and load it in MY computer. Does that make sense? My computer freezes a lot...maybe that will help. But my knowledge is next to nil, so I thought I would have Geek Squad come out and do it for me. What do you think?

I googled "Geek Squad" and can't get an authentic Geek Squad contact. I hate the browser because that always happens. They give you ads instead of what you asked for. But, I digress...I just need some help.
I was going to do that. But then I decided to just buy a windows 10 laptop sometime in December.
You can probably get some very good deals! I just don't like lap tops.

I hate laptops. So..I will buy the one with the biggest monitor attached, then get my keyboard and mouse to plug in. :D

However, after reading this thread...I may just keep the one I'm using right now. It's an ASUS, windows 7. I love my 7.

Oh..and I can't recommend Staples enough! They are awesome! And will do the upgrade to Windows 10. But..like I said..I like my 7.

I don't do with this what I used to do. No ebay sales, etc. Now I just come here, read my AOL news, Yahoo news, go browse twitter, and look up addresses for places I have to go to. Hell, I can use my phone for all of that, but the screen is too small, lol.

I hate laptops. So..I will buy the one with the biggest monitor attached, then get my keyboard and mouse to plug in. :D

However, after reading this thread...I may just keep the one I'm using right now. It's an ASUS, windows 7. I love my 7.
But they said Windows 7 won't be any good after January...

They lied. It will work til doomsday..they just won't do the updates any more.

Oh..and I can't recommend Staples enough! They are awesome! And will do the upgrade to Windows 10. But..like I said..I like my 7.

I don't do with this what I used to do. No ebay sales, etc. Now I just come here, read my AOL news, Yahoo news, go browse twitter, and look up addresses for places I have to go to. Hell, I can use my phone for all of that, but the screen is too small, lol.
I hear you. I have a really big screen myself. Couldn't be without it.

They lied. It will work til doomsday..they just won't do the updates any more.
But you'll need the updates, right?

In other words..they want people to buy a new pc. I like my ASUS. Its very old but works like a charm. And it made it thru the fire. Just like my 2001 Town and Country Van. I will NOT get rid of it, although it's very sad looking. Still runs great even with burn scars. (the van..not the pc tower, lol)

Forum List

Back