McSame takes free Cell Towers

doeton

Mar 27, 2008
"This is John McCain's display of his maverick ethics: He believes he is entitled to free cell service while other Americans have to pay for theirs,"

The Washington Post reported last night that Verizon Wireless and AT&T installed portable cellular towers on the [McSame's] ranch, located in a canyon 12 miles southwest of Sedona, providing consistent coverage to the ranch for the first time.

Obama Lawyer Critical of McCain Cell Phone Tower | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Maybe I missed it in the article cause I skimmed it, where did it say that he doesn't pay a monthly bill? All I saw was that the carriers put a tower in his area so he can get service.

Carriers can put towers wherever they want.

Restaurant down the street from me, is always dead, makes no money. But Verizon put a tower on their property because it used to be a dead zone, and Verizon pays the place 25 grand a month for the tower to be on their property.

What a lucky break for that owner

"This is John McCain's display of his maverick ethics: He believes he is entitled to free cell service while other Americans have to pay for theirs,"

The Washington Post reported last night that Verizon Wireless and AT&T installed portable cellular towers on the [McSame's] ranch, located in a canyon 12 miles southwest of Sedona, providing consistent coverage to the ranch for the first time.

Obama Lawyer Critical of McCain Cell Phone Tower | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

it's pretty common for cell companies to put up portable towers (typically called COWs) in areas that have temporary high traffic loads and/or disasters. it was done for the dem debates in NH, world series in boston, wildfires in calif, WTC on 9/11 etc. they do it to ensure reliable service and make money; it's got nothing to do with individual subscribers nor does it affect what they pay. when the demand eases, they take them down and roll them away.

obama's lawyer isn't too bright from the sound of it.
i'm stunned.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it in the article cause I skimmed it, where did it say that he doesn't pay a monthly bill? All I saw was that the carriers put a tower in his area so he can get service.

Restaurant down the street from me, is always dead, makes no money. But Verizon put a tower on their property because it used to be a dead zone, and Verizon pays the place 25 grand a month for the tower to be on their property.

putting a tower at a business location isn't the same as putting one on a private residence Andrew and I think you know that.

it's pretty common for cell companies to put up portable towers (typically called COWs) in areas that have temporary high traffic loads and/or disasters. it was done for the dem debates in NH, world series in boston, wildfires in calif, WTC on 9/11 etc. they do it to ensure reliable service and make money; it's got nothing to do with individual subscribers nor does it affect what they pay. obama's lawyer isn't too bright from the sound of it.
i'm stunned.

um del?

hello do you really think mcsame's ranch is a

high traffic area?

lol.

yes sir e bob.

:clap2:

I guess what is more troubling is the lobbying that went on by a McCain insider on behalf of Verizon and AT&T

begs the question, would an average citizen be able to get a free portable tower if they lived in a "dead" zone? doubtful.

indeed.

a lucky break!

heheh.. man my pops who lives in rural america has been trying for years to get the cell companies to put a tower out there.

and he actually has neighbors...

but no ah 'lucky break' for him.

um del?

hello do you really think mcsame's ranch is a

high traffic area?

lol.

yes sir e bob.

:clap2:

gee, i don't know. do you think the press is ever there trying to file stories?
do you think maybe the cell companies anticipate a need on election night for consistent voice/data coverage for that purpose?

we used to deploy them on private property on the vineyard when the clintons came for the same reason. we put them in at kennebunkport when putin was there.
we put them on private property when a torrential storm took out landlines in NH. you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and neither does obama's lawyer.

please continue.

2500 maybe, 25k no way.

Yeah, I live in Miami now, but the place was down the block from where I used to live...yeah, place is always empty but guy keeps it open because it' s just a goldmine now

putting a tower at a business location isn't the same as putting one on a private residence Andrew and I think you know that.

However, the owner is running for President. If you don't this then wait until you see what is done to his house after he is elected, at your expense.

This isn't even a story.

However, the owner is running for President. If you don't this then wait until you see what is done to his house after he is elected, at your expense.

This isn't even a story.

I'm not sure I get your point Crimson? are you referring to McCain or Obama?

It's not a story because the Republicans don't like to admit that McCain has his fingers in the pie of corruption and greed just like everyone else.

I'm not sure I get your point Crimson? are you referring to McCain or Obama?

It's not a story because the Republicans don't like to admit that McCain has his fingers in the pie of corruption and greed just like everyone else.

you're really being silly.
once the secret service files the request, they have no choice but to ensure reliable service. putting in a COW with a microwave feed is the best way to do it in remote areas.

and once one of them gets elected, no matter which one it is, the secret service will put in security enhancements that can run into the millions. they do it for every living president, for as long as they live. it's the law.

Forum List

Back