McManus: Romney's arithmetic problem

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
So Mittens is caught in another lie.

McManus: Romney's arithmetic problem

His defense numbers don't add up with the rest of his platform.

Here's an issue that hasn't been debated much in the presidential campaign but ought to be: How much should we spend on defense?

President Obama has proposed keeping the Pentagon budget essentially flat for the next 10 years. Mitt Romney, by contrast, wants to increase defense spending massively — by more than 50% over current levels, according to one estimate. That could mean almost $2 trillion in additional military spending over 10 years.

But the biggest problem with Romney's defense numbers is that they don't add up with the rest of his platform, which calls for decreasing federal spending overall while also lowering taxes — and, at the same time, balancing the budget.

"My administration will … make the hundreds of billions of dollars in cuts necessary to reduce spending to 20% of GDP by the end of my first term," Romney said in February. "And then, without sacrificing our military superiority, I will balance the budget."

Obama has no numbers to add up. The Dums havent passed a budget in what, 3 years now?

So Mitt doesn't have to tell the truth because Republicans have been blocking all Demorcrat budgets, and putting out half-assed budget blueprints that make no sense?

Is that the logic you use to give Mittens a license to lie?

Obama has no numbers to add up. The Dums havent passed a budget in what, 3 years now?

So Mitt doesn't have to tell the truth because Republicans have been blocking all Demorcrat budgets, and putting out half-assed budget blueprints that make no sense?

Actually Obama's last budget was voted down by his own party.
Try again.

Try again.

Yeah, it was too austere, and Democrats wanted a budget that stimulated more growth. Obama isn't nearly as lying through his ass with his budgets. Yet, he still had majority Democrat support, with zero Republicans willing to act like adults. But you don't care about being bullshited to, as long as you get that black dude out of power. Intellectual honest is a foreign term to you.

But that still has nothing to do with wanting to significantly increase defense spending by 2 trillion dollars over ten years, and claim that he's going to bring down the deficit. His numbers are bullshit. Mitt is a liar. His plans make no sense. And you want to defend them.

Last edited:

Try again.

Yeah, it was too austere, and Democrats wanted a budget that stimulated more growth. Obama isn't nearly as lying through his ass with his budgets. Yet, he still had majority Democrat support, with zero Republicans willing to act like adults. But you don't care about being bullshited to, as long as you get that black dude out of power. Intellectual honest is a foreign term to you.

But that still has nothing to do with wanting to significantly increase defense spending by 2 trillion dollars over ten years, and claim that he's going to bring down the deficit. His numbers are bullshit. Mitt is a liar. His plans make no sense. And you want to defend them.

So your purpose on this board is to be a troll?
you might want to post threads you have a understanding of

Try again.
So that's the logic you use to give Mittens a license to lie?

Try again.

Wow, what a factless, name calling, rebuttal, TROLL.

well how about you're a idiot troll then

I gather you're too uneducated to explain Romney's miracle math than, and chose to try to turn the thread into a flame war. It figures. I never saw you as someone honest. I guess we have different values.

I gather you're too uneducated to explain Romney's miracle math than, and chose to try to turn the thread into a flame war. It figures. I never saw you as someone honest. I guess we have different values.

hey little troll, I didn't START the flame war..

from you post above.
But you don't care about being bullshited to, as long as you get that black dude out of power. Intellectual honest is a foreign term to you.

get a clue

Expected any candidates proposed budget numbers to make sense is asking a bit much.

Calling their happyland fantasies lies is sort of silly, too.

ALL candidates say whatever nonsense their stupid partisans will believe.

That's politics.

from you post above.
But you don't care about being bullshited to, as long as you get that black dude out of power. Intellectual honest is a foreign term to you.

get a clue

So you are unable to explain how Romney will meet his pledge, and raise defense spending from 3.2% to 4% is going to provide his promised outcome of deficit reduction. You're a simpleton.

from you post above.

get a clue

So you are unable to explain how Romney will meet his pledge, and raise defense spending from 3.2% to 4% is going to provide his promised outcome of deficit reduction. You're a simpleton.

good grief, it's an opinion from the LASlimes dude..you want to Obsess over it, have at it

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back