‘McJesus’ statue sparks riot at museum in Israel as protesters call for removal of ‘offensive’ art

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Funny stuff even happens in Israel sometimes.

An art exhibit featuring a crucified Ronald McDonald caused chaos in the Israeli city of Haifa last week, after members of the country’s Arab Christian minority took offence at the depiction and protested outside the museum.

Hundreds of Christian protesters called for the statue, titled ‘McJesus,’ to be removed from the museum, with Israeli police saying that some rioters even hurled a firebomb at the building and threw stones, shattering windows and injuring officers. Crowds were eventually dispersed with tear gas and stun grenades, according to the Associated Press.

However, it seems the protesters missed the point of the exhibit, which was not intended to be an attack on Christianity, but instead meant as an artist’s statement on capitalism, corporate domination and how modern society and culture worship false gods. The exhibit also includes Barbie-doll boxes with Jesus and the Virgin Mary inside.

‘McJesus’ statue sparks riot at museum in Israel as protesters call for removal of ‘offensive’ art

Especially when Conan is there.

This is actually Conan disguised as Ronald McDonald.
790.png

Conan endorses crucified Ronald McDonald?

Remind me to bash his face into the back of his skull ever should I encounter him.

LOL, SMASH! That shit ain't funny.

Conan endorses crucified Ronald McDonald?

Remind me to bash his face into the back of his skull ever should I encounter him.

LOL, SMASH! That shit ain't funny.

Maybe you shoulda read the rest of the post after the word "Conan".

And/or watched the video, which makes no such reference.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but when was Ronald McDonald supposed to have suffered such a fate? I ask because this is the first that I have ever heard about it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (age 36)

Forum List

Back