McInnis Should Be Tossed

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Call me crazy but when candidates lies and steal I don't think they should be allowed to run for governor.

Republican gubernatorial candidate Scott McInnis said Friday he will fully repay the $300,000 he received for plagiarized essays about water rights, and he said it should bring the issue to a close.

The offer for repayment came after The Hasan Family Foundation board said it wants its money back, noting that McInnis has admitted some of the work wasn't his own.

The board also said McInnis didn't do the work he was obligated to do as a senior fellow of the foundation.

The work performed by McInnis "was only a fraction of the work he was obligated to perform under the terms of his fellowship," foundation chairwoman Seeme Hasan said.

"Of the little work that he did, he has admitted it was neither fully completed by him, nor fully original," Hasan said, adding that the issue is now closed and there is no need for further investigation.

McInnis agreed.

FOXNews.com - Colorado Gubernatorial Candidate Promises to Repay $300K for Plagiarized Essays

It's a disgusting display of their absolute arrogance that they REFUSE to be ashamed enough of their past wrong-doings to just high tail it on out of the scene, imho.

Guess he figures that by Nov, this will have all blown over, and if asked about it, he'll just lie some more.

Cripes!

OH! I didn't catch that he was a Repug ~ guess his strategy is to hop on the Defeat the Dems At ANY Cost bandwagon.

Last edited:
Pols who are proven cheaters, liars and thieves should not be allowed to run for office and if already in office, should be booted immediately. Cripes, that sure wouldn't leave many in D.C., would it?

Call me crazy but when candidates lies and steal I don't think they should be allowed to run for governor.

Republican gubernatorial candidate Scott McInnis said Friday he will fully repay the $300,000 he received for plagiarized essays about water rights, and he said it should bring the issue to a close.

The offer for repayment came after The Hasan Family Foundation board said it wants its money back, noting that McInnis has admitted some of the work wasn't his own.

The board also said McInnis didn't do the work he was obligated to do as a senior fellow of the foundation.

The work performed by McInnis "was only a fraction of the work he was obligated to perform under the terms of his fellowship," foundation chairwoman Seeme Hasan said.

"Of the little work that he did, he has admitted it was neither fully completed by him, nor fully original," Hasan said, adding that the issue is now closed and there is no need for further investigation.

McInnis agreed.

FOXNews.com - Colorado Gubernatorial Candidate Promises to Repay $300K for Plagiarized Essays
Even though this is not to give him a pass, I heard that he had obtained permission to use the writing that he put his name to...Kinda like the Books that AL Frankenstein "wrote".

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/07/scott_mcinnis_denver_post_rush.php

Just for the record, his reneging on his pledge to term limit himself and playing the "I'm too important to quit" card, when he was a congressweasel, is enough for me to not vote for the double-dealer, if I still voted in CO.

sheeesh, more proof we need election reforms to make it easier for people to vote other than dem/repub
requiring 50%+1 to win any election and run-off elections would solve a lot of these issues

Yeah, but that's something that every state has to choose for themselves. And if they don't have the ballot initiative process, it'd be nearly impossiblle, as neither the remocrats nor depublicans want to give up their political duopoly stranglehold on the political process.

Yeah, but that's something that every state has to choose for themselves. And if they don't have the ballot initiative process, it'd be nearly impossiblle, as neither the remocrats nor depublicans want to give up their political duopoly stranglehold on the political process.
yup, it has to be done state by state

Forum List

Back