HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
Now you'll know why they call me the McGyver of the Kitchen.
IN trying to find something completely different to do with a hot dog whereby it no longer tastes or textures like one, I came up with this creation.
USED a vegetable twirl pasta noodle device to make tiny strips of
1 (smoke flavor)hot dog per tortilla.
Of course this works for half the hot dog the rest I sliced thin and diced by hand.
The strands will break to tiny pieces
that's ok.
Per serving use a non stick small skillet and add 1 teaspoon butter, 1 tsp brown sugar,
1 tsp soy sauce (or 1 packet), 1/2 tsp honey 1/2 tsp corn syrup, 1/2 tsp Hoisen sauce, dash of powder ginger,
dash of Chinese 5 spice, 1/2 tsp barbeque sauce (Baby Rays), dash of garlice powder, 2 dashes onion powder, and heat till caramelized.
Place spanish( red spicey)rice or fried rice on a tortilla, next spoon in the caramelized hotdogs, add some chops of frozen onions, blended cheese if you prefer.
Roll like a burrito and make a chimichanga out of it by frying in the fryer or in a pan.
Doesn't need a sauce but if you find one that goes well like a con queso or blanco cheese or something then let us know the result.

The caramelized Hoisen sauce would go well with many left over meats as well.
But if you have no chicken left to make a Chicken Chimichanga then now you know what you can do with that left over hotdog.

Now you'll know why they call me the McGyver of the Kitchen.
IN trying to find something completely different to do with a hot dog whereby it no longer tastes or textures like one, I came up with this creation.
USED a vegetable twirl pasta noodle device to make tiny strips of
1 (smoke flavor)hot dog per tortilla.
Of course this works for half the hot dog the rest I sliced thin and diced by hand.
The strands will break to tiny pieces
that's ok.
Per serving use a non stick small skillet and add 1 teaspoon butter, 1 tsp brown sugar,
1 tsp soy sauce (or 1 packet), 1/2 tsp honey 1/2 tsp corn syrup, 1/2 tsp Hoisen sauce, dash of powder ginger,
dash of Chinese 5 spice, 1/2 tsp barbeque sauce (Baby Rays), dash of garlice powder, 2 dashes onion powder, and heat till caramelized.
Place spanish( red spicey)rice or fried rice on a tortilla, next spoon in the caramelized hotdogs, add some chops of frozen onions, blended cheese if you prefer.
Roll like a burrito and make a chimichanga out of it by frying in the fryer or in a pan.
Doesn't need a sauce but if you find one that goes well like a con queso or blanco cheese or something then let us know the result.

The caramelized Hoisen sauce would go well with many left over meats as well.
But if you have no chicken left to make a Chicken Chimichanga then now you know what you can do with that left over hotdog.

Slice a hotdog along the middle without cutting it in half and put the cheese of your choice in the middle. Bake at 400*F until the cheese melts and begins to turn brown. Put in a bun with mustard on it. To get wild add hot dog chili sauce and chopped onions. Similar to a Coney Island.

When a young tyke mom would make me tacos. Slices of bologna with Miracle Whip on it and rolled up and eaten without cooking.

Yesterday, I watched three McGyver Episodes but he did nothing special. NOTHING!
At first, it was about a stolen Madonna figure and McGyver did nothing. The case solved itself, there was a good-natured witch behind it somehow, using the Madonna and magic skills to terminate anger in some people.
In the second episode, McGyver even refused to do anything. He fall asleep, instead. Somehow magic, the Swiss knife that saved him in the dream, appeared when he woke up.
Last but nut least, it was about a young guy without motivation to use his skills in work. Again, no McGyver like improvisations.

Last edited:
Ewww miracle whip, never could get the hang of that stuff.
That's before they had Orange Sriracha Mayonnaise no doubt.

Forum List

Back