Mcgahn testyfying

Because he already did for 30 hours? Plus the obvious-any panel can get any witness to say what they want-except maybe Barr.

Mr. Trump has NOTHING to hide: "No collusion, no obstruction, COMPLETE EXONERATION!" Here's what's really going on:

Asked why he was telling Mr. McGahn to defy the subpoena, Mr. Trump suggested that his lawyers were just trying to protect the institution of the presidency.

“They’re doing that for the office of the presidency, for future presidents,” he told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House before departing for a campaign rally in Pennsylvania. “I think it’s a very important precedent. And the attorneys say that they’re not doing that for me. They’re doing it for the office of the president. So we’re talking about the future.” [...]

Because Mr. McGahn’s information relates to his former official duties, unlike Mr. Trump’s financial records, the White House also has two additional weapons to deploy against Congress.

The first, which it unleashed on Monday, is to claim that the Constitution gives close personal aides to a president “absolute immunity” from congressional subpoenas trying to compel them to come testify about their official duties — even if, like Mr. McGahn, they no longer work for the president and so forcing them to show up at the Capitol would not interfere with their ability to assist him.

Administrations of both parties have taken that position, and the Justice Department on Monday unveiled a new 15-page legal opinion from Steven A. Engel, the head of the department’s Office of Legal Counsel, asserting that “Congress may not constitutionally compel the president’s senior advisers to testify about their official duties.” [...]​

So, they are just trying to protect, and preserve for future generations, the Constitutional order, and the workings of the Executive based on receiving the advice from the best of people (!) - unhindered by the prospect of nosy lawmakers looking into what the Executive is up to.

Most importantly:

In the financial records case, Mr. Trump’s legal team, led by William S. Consovoy, had argued that the subpoena by the House Committee on Oversight and Reform exceeded its constitutional authority because it had no legitimate legislative purpose in seeking Mr. Trump’s data. Lawmakers were just trying to dig up dirt — like finding out whether the president broke any laws

That shall not stand!

E2FB724B-78CA-4E1C-9E5E-992801BE17CE.jpeg
Mad. Bro?
Why is Trump trying to stop Mcgahn from testifying to congress.

Well thats simple - he is a crook and he doesn't want Americans to hear all about that from yet another lawyer of his.

Well thats simple - he is a crook and he doesn't want Americans to hear all about that from yet another lawyer of his.
hasn't he already testified?

and if we're calling such things into question, i never saw you get panties bunched up for hillary and her many "i do not recalls".

one sided anger is the crux of most of our issues these days.

and if we're calling such things into question, i never saw you get panties bunched up for hillary and her many "i do not recalls".

Not about Hillary, not about me, but I guess thats where you have to divert to when you have to carry the dirty water for Trump.

Trump doesn't want Maghan to testify before Congress because McGhan will tell Americans-who-don't-read-good exactly what a piece of work Trump is. Don't know if anything new will be revealed here that is not in the report, but it's important for the public to hear it from the horse's mouth.

According to what I've read the man doesn't have to testify before Congress, and won't.

Nothing wishy washy about it.

I'm LMAO at Nadler and the Dem idiots.

Because this has nothing to do with congressional oversight it is about using the committee to do opposition research for 2020 anyone who is being honest knows this. Yes Republicans do it as well before anyone ask.

trump's presidency has been abducted, his staff and family, including himself had a prod stuck up their asses for two years, the prod was finally removed and the abductor stated there was nothing there, and then the left abducted his presidency again, and want to stick another prod up his ass and all of his staff. I think if you're going to go up the rectum for your information, you should actually find something you're looking for before demanding to stick another prod up his ass. It's quite obvious the left love his asshole, they wish to be in it all of the time.

Last edited:
Because this has nothing to do with congressional oversight it is about using the committee to do opposition research for 2020 anyone who is being honest knows this. Yes Republicans do it as well before anyone ask.
exactly, I just stated that, it is being abducted again. one hoax followed by another where spying on the man, his family and staff. I declare they are all traitors to the constitution of this fine land. they can all get fked for all I care, but let's no longer beat around the bushes here, it is out right espionage going on in our country again!!!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back