The menu was
Burger 15 cents
Cheeseburger 17 cents
Filet Fish 20 cents
Fries 15 cents
Coke 15 cents
Shake 20 cents

The menu was simple and you got your order within seconds

Now the menu overwhelms you. Too many choices. People get confused at the checkout. It takes 5 minutes for your order to come out. That is not why people got to McDonalds. They want quick inexpensive food that tastes good

Anybuddy who goes to McCardboard for food that tastes good, has never had it. I'd go to Panera for that.

I visited my first McDonalds in 1962

The menu was
Burger 15 cents
Cheeseburger 17 cents
Filet Fish 20 cents
Fries 15 cents
Coke 15 cents
Shake 20 cents

Now the menu overwhelms you. Too many choices. People get confused at the checkout. It takes 5 minutes for your order to come out. That is not why people got to McDonalds. They want quick inexpensive food that tastes good

Anybuddy who goes to McCardboard for food that tastes good, has never had it. I'd go to Panera for that.

That was what McDonalds found out. Their customer base was not defecting to Panera, they were defecting to Carls Junior

The menu was
Burger 15 cents
Cheeseburger 17 cents
Filet Fish 20 cents
Fries 15 cents
Coke 15 cents
Shake 20 cents

That was what McDonalds found out. Their customer base was not defecting to Panera, they were defecting to Carls Junior

Never been in one of those. And based on outside impressions I'd never go in.

The menu was
Burger 15 cents
Cheeseburger 17 cents
Filet Fish 20 cents
Fries 15 cents
Coke 15 cents
Shake 20 cents

You are talking major league with Carls/Hardees
Massive burger you could feed an African village for a week

The menu was
Burger 15 cents
Cheeseburger 17 cents
Filet Fish 20 cents
Fries 15 cents
Coke 15 cents
Shake 20 cents

You are talking major league with Carls/Hardees
Massive burger you could feed an African village for a week

I have actually been in a Hardee's. There are vast swaths of I think it was Tennessee where there's nothing else to eat. And based on that experience I'd rather starve. Way more healthy.

Areas that are dominated by cheap chains piss me off. That's one reason I hate going to Florida.

McDonald's customers have made clear what they don't want

You're not going in there for health food apparently.

Phasing in healthier stuff like salads, wraps, whatever, is gambling that you'll pull in a new customer base.

It seems their reputation was already so low that that target base didn't believe in the new offerings, didn't believe a company that thought deep fried cardboard shit is food could also dabble in genuine food. Just as if Yugo came out with a new car model called "OK we got it right this time", car buyers wouldn't flock to buy it.

That's where they went wrong -- establishing the low bar in the first place. Had they, maybe, rebranded some stores with a new name they might have been able to pull it off. It's all about perceptions.
You mentioned the infamous Yugo.

What's the difference between a Jehovah's Witness and a Yugo?

You can shut the door on a Jehovah's Witness.

People are not going to say.....Should I go to McDonalds or Panera Bread?
Different customer bases

Each serves its own purpose

I have rarely eaten at McDonalds over the last 20 years. I find their food to be bland. They seem to aim for the middle of the road palate. I will usually go to Wendy's for that type of burger

Last time, I was in McDonalds there were too many choices for basically the same thing. Too confusing and it takes too long for my order

Good to hear they are dumping frozen burgers for fresh. Also that they are simplifying their menu and trying to appeal to their normal base

I'm afraid I just can't do McD's anymore. Except for the occasional Egg McMuffin on the way to the golf course. While the taste is still one that I have a very, very rare urge for, I can't take the feeling that I have an oily sponge in my gut. As far as FF burgers I'd probably vote for Wendys. I did like BK's chicken whopper, whether it's still around I don't know.

If I'm on the run and looking for something really fast I'll opt for a slice or 2 of pizza if I can find it.

I would rather lick the street than eat a Big Mac. Worst fucking sandwich of all time

I would rather lick the street than eat a Big Mac. Worst fucking sandwich of all time

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickle, onion on a sesame seed bun

Forum List

Back