McDonald's serves up verbal abuse to Deputy!

What are you on about? Who said anything about radical minds or anything else you've mentioned? Why are you taking the discussion into irrelevant territory?
Because there are people that keep crying about America stole the land from Mexico when it was not the case. It is the same idiots that are calling for Immigrants to keep coming and calling them patriots.

That is radical mindset. Un American rewriting of history.

P.S. It's a forum, opinion postings are how they work. Like it or not I'm posting as I see fit.

We didn't steal it....we "won" it
We really didn't get it through winning it either. We did win the land through war either. The interesting fact is that we were going to buy NM, TX and AZ and the Mexicans were going to give us most of TX and all of CA in a deal to eliminate their debt to America, but in the end we purchased all of it and forgiving the debt.
they went to war over Texas and in the end didn't even want it, chose to give us Cali, to forgive debt and we paid for it anyway???
The whole deal was fucked up really. Although, if not for Lincoln, the Democratic party would have waged "Manifest Destiny" against Mexico and would probably would look totally different since America took control of Mexico City and the far south. :eusa_shhh:

you would be surprised at how many are....at least where i am at....

I think the real problem is that far too many Mexicans don't put a great deal of importance on the difference between being legal or illegal.

oh many of the ones born here do....but they wont say anything because of the my people thing....but THEY are going to have to be the ones who say something about it.....otherwise you have to put up with the your a racist bullshit....

Mcdonald needs to tighten up their hiring process. they should have checked that person out to see if he/she was legally allowed to work since they were cursing the deputies out in spanish. I agree with another poster, english should be the national language of this country.

Mcdonald needs to tighten up their hiring process. they should have checked that person out to see if he/she was legally allowed to work since they were cursing the deputies out in spanish. I agree with another poster, english should be the national language of this country.

that still wont stop someone from speaking their native tongue.....

IMO, I could care less about what language the person speaks. They coulds peak the language of the elves and it wouldn't matter. I do understand that some law-enforcement officers are assholes. But for someone to paint them with a broad stroke and start bitching deputies out over them DOING THEIR JOB is ridiculous. It kind of reminds me of a soar sport. Those guys that lose but still talk shit. If those workers were here illegally, then they should have been rounded up and sent back. It's ridiculous for someone to be so ignorant as to cuss out the cops for following the LAW. Don't break the law and you won't have anything to worry about.

IMO, I could care less about what language the person speaks.

What about English?

It doesn't matter to me. Having English as an official language would be just as important as making swiss cheese the official cheese of the U.S. It doesn't mean that people will be forced to speak it. I don't care if these people are speaking chinese, japanese, spanish, or kangaroo, their rationale behind cussing out the officers was unwarranted...ESPECIALLY since they were seeking revenge for co-workers who were BREAKING the law.

It doesn't matter to me. Having English as an official language would be just as important as making swiss cheese the official cheese of the U.S. It doesn't mean that people will be forced to speak it. I don't care if these people are speaking chinese, japanese, spanish, or kangaroo, their rationale behind cussing out the officers was unwarranted...ESPECIALLY since they were seeking revenge for co-workers who were BREAKING the law.

Take a different perspective. Imagine that times are tough, so you decide to do what you gotta do, swallow your pride, and apply at McDonald's because some income is better than no income. You're a hard worker, have a stable job history, but you don't get the job because you don't speak Spanish. How much does that suck?

Then imagine that one week later, you decide not to hold any hard feelings, and you stop in to grab some lunch. You step up to place your order, and the person starts speaking Spanish to you. When you tell them you don't speak Spanish, they look at you and say, "Oh, no hablo engles." As they look around, you ask the next cashier over for help, and they give you the same deer in the headlights look. You look to a third, and you get the same thing, at which point you finally decide that you'll just have to make due and spend the next 10 minutes trying to overcome a language barrier in YOUR OWN COUNTRY, all while remembering that you were not good enough for this job because you are not bilingual.

Might you care about people speaking English then?

Take a different perspective. Imagine that times are tough, so you decide to do what you gotta do, swallow your pride, and apply at McDonald's because some income is better than no income. You're a hard worker, have a stable job history, but you don't get the job because you don't speak Spanish. How much does that suck?

Then imagine that one week later, you decide not to hold any hard feelings, and you stop in to grab some lunch. You step up to place your order, and the person starts speaking Spanish to you. When you tell them you don't speak Spanish, they look at you and say, "Oh, no hablo engles." As they look around, you ask the next cashier over for help, and they give you the same deer in the headlights look. You look to a third, and you get the same thing, at which point you finally decide that you'll just have to make due and spend the next 10 minutes trying to overcome a language barrier in YOUR OWN COUNTRY, all while remembering that you were not good enough for this job because you are not bilingual.

I live near the border and this scenario isn't realistic. I deal with the "language barrier" every day.

Just because McDonald's wants them to speak Spanish doesn't mean that they don't speak English. I'm fairly certain that McDonald's requires it's employees to speak English as well, espcially in this Country. You're scenario is backwards, more often than not, a Spanish speaking person goes into a McDonalds and can't order because most of the cashiers speak English only. They typically have to find a manager or someone who speaks Spanish.

My point is, does it really matter if they cussed them out in Spanish or English?

I live near the border and this scenario isn't realistic. I deal with the "language barrier" every day.

Just because McDonald's wants them to speak Spanish doesn't mean that they don't speak English. I'm fairly certain that McDonald's requires it's employees to speak English as well, espcially in this Country. You're scenario is backwards, more often than not, a Spanish speaking person goes into a McDonalds and can't order because most of the cashiers speak English only. They typically have to find a manager or someone who speaks Spanish.

My point is, does it really matter if they cussed them out in Spanish or English?

Really? Not realistic? Because I know for a fact that it's happened to me several times.

Really? Not realistic? Because I know for a fact that it's happened to me several times.

Quit going to the same McDonald's. :cuckoo:

As far as your experience, write a letter to the Restaurant owner. I've done it before (WITH MCDONALDS) and gotten excellent results.

Me too

I know for a fact that when people talk Spanish around me they are secretly saying bad things about me

Thats why we need English only

I don't trust them deaf people with their sign language and lip reading either

As far as your experience, write a letter to the Restaurant owner. I've done it before (WITH MCDONALDS) and gotten excellent results.

I think you're missing it. I have been repeatedly turned down for jobs because I did not speak Spanish at places that did not require their other employees to speak English. It does happen. Americans are forced to know how to speak foreign languages in order to work mundane jobs, like fast food, retail, grocery stores, and others, while those very same employers do require their employees to know how to speak our language. Kinda screwed up, donchathink?

McDonalds is a business. If you are not happy with your ability to be served in the language of your choice, you are free to eat elsewhere.
Just as Spanish speaking people do. If one business offers employees who speak Spanish and another doesn't they are free to eat at the business that serves their needs the best

It is just free enterprise

Me too

I know for a fact that when people talk Spanish around me they are secretly saying bad things about me

Thats why we need English only

I don't trust them deaf people with their sign language and lip reading either

Is this sarcasm?

I think you're missing it. I have been repeatedly turned down for jobs because I did not speak Spanish at places that did not require their other employees to speak English. It does happen. Americans are forced to know how to speak foreign languages in order to work mundane jobs, like fast food, retail, grocery stores, and others, while those very same employers do require their employees to know how to speak our language. Kinda screwed up, donchathink?

IF what you're saying is true then yes, its sucks. However, you must be the exception because I, like I said, live near the border and have never experienced such discrimination on my ability to speak Spanish. And trust me, I'm around my fair share of hispanics. As far as the employer, it's their right to require their employers to be bilingual if they want them to be. Let me ask you this? What's wrong with learning another language? Seems to me if you want to compete in the job market then you do what it takes. Will learning Spanish make you dumber? NO. Will learning to speak spanish darken your skin? NO. Will it help you pick up some sexy senoritas? Possibly.

For the most part, English already is the national language. We don't need a proclamation? Having it as an "offical" langauge won't chang any of this. The government can't stomp on peoples' freedom of speech by requiring them to speak another langauge.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back