McDonalds has 50,000 job openings; To have National Hiring Day?? Why?

I was laid off last June at age 67, my unemplyment would have barley kept us afloat with my wife working, I was lucky and got a got for $50 a week more and took it. Some people said I should just stay home. I am sick and tired of people who deserve something from everyone else. You don't deserve anything, get a job and pay your way.

:clap2:

Dignity is a great thing.... I'd rather earn it than have it given to me.

My God, your logic is mind boggling. Your solution is too just keep on NOT WORKING?

McD's isn't asking for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They're offering a small paycheck for the willing. Earning $ is better than not earning anything.

You continue demanding I come up with a solution for all these people who have shit they can't afford any longer. Well guess what? If I had that, I'd either be president, or be getting paid millions as an economic advisor.

Wanna hear the reality? THAT SOLUTION DOESN'T EXIST.

Life sucks right now, and it's gonna for a while. So, here is the two choices, and ONLY two choices:

MY IDEA: Take the job. It sucks. It's shitty. It doesn't pay a lot. But it's a pay check. Work it 20 hours a week. Spend the rest of your days off and free time looking everywhere for something better. Pray.

YOUR IDEA: Keep NOT working. Keep looking for more work (just as I said in my idea). Pray.

So, basically, my idea and yours both include looking for better work and hoping for something better. The only difference? My idea includes actually working about 20 hours a week and earning SOMETHING which is more than nothing.

There is absolutely NO logical reason why a person earning $0 can justify refusing to work for $7 an hour. None. At all. Ever.

This may be where I misunderstood you. Are you only talking about people who can no longer receive unemployment? If so, then I agree, people should just work to make something if unemployment is no longer an option.

But if you are advocating people give up unemployment to work at McD's for less then what they can get on unemployment, then thats where we have a difference in opinion.

Yes, I'm advocating that. Unemployment is gonna run out. When it does, they'll wish they'd taken that McD's job and tried to work their way into a manager's position. Unemployment isn't a permanent option. A job is. It's probably guaranteed that when that person's unemployment runs out, Boeing isn't gonna be waiting on them with a 70K a year job. So, why delay the inevitable? Take the job you can get, and try to work one's way up. It's called "starting over" and many people have to do it.

Could they lose their home? Maybe. Is it gonna happen eventually anyway? Probably. Just being honest. But the Job Fairy doesn't exist.

Sure he does.

But he moved his operation to China and India.

I love it when I hear the same old, tired, worn out argument:
"Families can not get by on $7 an hour"
Well WTF are you doing having a damn FAMILY when you CAN NOT afford to feed your damn kids?
Why is it MY resposnbility to make sure someone that is irresponsible, uneducated and a moocher to be able to raise THEIR KIDS?
I grew up when you had to PULL YOUR OWN DAMN FREIGHT.

So someone who got laid off made $60,000/year should kill their kids because they had them when they had the financial means? You don't think much do you?

They say the American dream of bigger, better, more is dead. I agree. People bought bigger houses than they could afford, better cares than they could afford and more of everything paid for on credit cards. Now they are surprised that they have a problem and want the rest of us to bail them out.

Let me know how that is working.

When I was on unemployment, I did the calculations. I made $200 a week, not much at all. But I would of had to work 35 hours a week at McDonalds to break even. Sorry I would rather have that extra 35 hours to look for job openings.

Like I said, irresponsible to take a job at McDonalds.

It's irresponsible to pay able bodied Americans to sit on their ass causing more health care issues for us. This unemployment racket has gone on for way to long. 3 to 6 months is plenty of time to find a job. You slackers have been ridding the gravy train for 2 years. This is why since the Republicans took the house & stopped this nonsense that unemployment is falling & the jobs numbers are climbing.

When I was on unemployment, I did the calculations. I made $200 a week, not much at all. But I would of had to work 35 hours a week at McDonalds to break even. Sorry I would rather have that extra 35 hours to look for job openings.

That makes you a MOOCHER.

So? Why should I give a fuck what some redneck from one of the dumbest states in America thinks? Exactly. You're opinion doesn't affect my decision making on what is the best think for me to do.

Sorry you're too stupid to take advantage.

You are a pathetic man with no pride.

No man should be able to accept living off government handouts rather than earning his own way in life. It's called pride. People like you are why our nation's men are becoming so soft and pathetic.

So? Why should I give a fuck what some redneck from one of the dumbest states in America thinks? Exactly. You're opinion doesn't affect my decision making on what is the best think for me to do.

Sorry you're too stupid to take advantage

Here is a great example of the liberal mindset.....

Oh, and did JFK mention he's a teacher?

You sir are the reason my kids go to private school. You asshat!

Anyone here who has bills to pay is an outright liar if they say they would take a minimum wage job over getting twice as much through unemployment while they can look for a better job then what McDonalds offers. When push comes to shove, you'll pass up that McDonalds job 100% of the time and you'll justify to yourselves somehow. You'd be an idiot to take that job. All you're doing now is posturing about personal responsibility which is complete horse shit when you have bills to pay. You do what you have to do (legally).

No man should be able to accept living off government handouts rather than earning his own way in life. It's called pride. People like you are why our nation's men are becoming so soft and pathetic.

Did he mention he's a teacher? :confused:

I love it when I hear the same old, tired, worn out argument:
"Families can not get by on $7 an hour"
Well WTF are you doing having a damn FAMILY when you CAN NOT afford to feed your damn kids?
Why is it MY resposnbility to make sure someone that is irresponsible, uneducated and a moocher to be able to raise THEIR KIDS?
I grew up when you had to PULL YOUR OWN DAMN FREIGHT.

So someone who got laid off made $60,000/year should kill their kids because they had them when they had the financial means? You don't think much do you?

I don't mind at all paying taxes to fund food stamps for a mother who works at McDonald's trying to raise kids. I was raised by a single mom who managed a Hardees fast food place.

I do mind paying taxes for someone's food stamps who refuses to work at a job they feel is "shitty" and just sits at home all day not doing shit.

Your logic is that of a pathetic man who is basically spoiled, entitled and in all honesty, probably won't amount to much in life because you're constantly looking for an easy way out, a handout, or anything EXCEPT the hard, honest way to a good life.

You should have your balls chopped off to stop the gene pool of such a girly man from ever reproducing.

Wow. No wonder employers are having trouble finding good employees lately. We're churning out a generation of entitled morons. I don't have kids yet, but when I do, they'll be home schooled or private school.

Again I don't care what you think. You don't know me. I do just fine now but I needed that for the 7 months I was unemployed.

Oh and its not as easy as people make it sound. It takes at least 6 months with a kid with a bachelor's degree to find a job with no experience.

BTW, yes I am a teacher. Though my political views don't come out teaching Pre-Calculus.

Wow. No wonder employers are having trouble finding good employees lately. We're churning out a generation of entitled morons. I don't have kids yet, but when I do, they'll be home schooled or private school.

Yep... mine have never darkened the doorway of a public school and they are brilliant because of it.

That would be very rich redneck sir.

"Sorry you're too stupid to take advantage"
I was taught not to take advantage. Maybe I am stupid but that is better than being a
MOOCHER.
You can not get away from that.

Again I don't care what you think. You don't know me. I do just fine now but I needed that for the 7 months I was unemployed.

Oh and its not as easy as people make it sound. It takes at least 6 months with a kid with a bachelor's degree to find a job with no experience.

I know you don't care what I think. Thats my point. Your a pathetic, selfish girly-man. I was raised by a man that came from a generation where men had pride. They were embarrassed to take handouts. They worked hard, at anything they had to do. They DID CARE what others thought of them. They didn't wanna be looked at as a soft man. A man who didn't like hard work. They wanted their sons to be looked at as men who would do the dirty jobs to be independent if they had to. They wanted to be looked at as a man who would get by, on his own, in the toughest of circumstances.

But you? You don't care what others think. As long as you get yours. If it's taken from someone elses pocket, so be it. If it's a free handout, but a tad bit more than you could earn on your own, screw it, who cares.

That is why you have no pride. A man who doesn't care what others think has no personal pride. That is you. And that is why you should not reproduce. Sadly, you will. And I'll probably end up having to pay for it.

That would be very rich redneck sir.

"Sorry you're too stupid to take advantage"
I was taught not to take advantage. Maybe I am stupid but that is better than being a
MOOCHER.
You can not get away from that.

Nice pic, Go Dawgs.

Your attitude is one that is common in the South, where I was raised. A man does anything possible to be independent. A man refuses handouts to the very edge of death if necessary, and if he must take them, he takes the first opportunity possible to get off of them.

Real men aren't being raised much anymore in our society. Even in the South. It's quite sad. Our nation within 20 years will probably be invaded, by an army with no guns, because we will have bred-out all our real men by then.

Well said, I'm always amazed by people who sit around jobless for months when they need the money.

I'm lucky enough to have a decent job, but if I got canned and there was hypothetically only jobs like this available I'd take it rather than nothing.

If you are over-qualified, take the job, and continue your job search WHILE you have a job.

Do you have a lifestyle that could be supported by McDonalds minimum wages?

You can do fine on McDonald's wages if you can walk, bike or not have to drive far to the location for work everyday. Housing is cheap & if government would stop printing money for the unemployed then utilities would also remain affordable. Unless McDonald's got a health care waiver then they will also provide you with health-care.

Dollar stores are also hiring like crazy & provide health-care to part timers.

Housing is cheap? that depends where you live, I did fine working at McDonalds in high school when I had no real bills and responsibilies but I would be struggling with that salary now.

Forum List

Back