McDonalds has 50,000 job openings; To have National Hiring Day?? Why?

WTF are people are having children when they can not afford to take care of them?

Millions of people have lost their jobs. I'm sure many of them were quite capable of affording their children until the worst economic downturn since 1929. You can't just turn 'em in for a refund when your budget gets tight.

So everytime the economy gets bad and folks failed to save a nest egg when times were good it is the taxpayers responsibility to fund their past mistakes.
The American way.

Past mistakes like what?
-Flood?
-Illness in the family?
-Fire?
-Victim of a serious crime?
-Bad accident?
-Market crashes?
-Bank failures?

A lot of people find themselves in dire financial situations from "mistakes" that had nothing to do with their behavior.

Well, if 50,000 people who were sucking money out of gov't handouts become employed, thats 50,000 less people we the taxpayer have to subsidize.

Again....Working > Not working. That should sit along beside the laws of gravity and relativity. But in a liberals mind, that equation is racist, elitist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic and somehow probably cruel to trees and animals also.
Working a minimum wage job at McDonalds is not going to get someone off government assistance, especially if they have a family.

In fact, if they have children working at McDonalds might increase their government assistance in order to help them afford day care so they can flip burgers.

WTF are people are having children when they can not afford to take care of them?

Good question, and its something that has been going on from the beginning of time and will keep happening, poor people will have more children than they can afford to care for, while the wealthy only have 1 or 2 kids minimum.

Great!

Just what we need: a nation of minimum wagers. That'll get this economy cranking.

Well, if 50,000 people who were sucking money out of gov't handouts become employed, thats 50,000 less people we the taxpayer have to subsidize.

Again....Working > Not working. That should sit along beside the laws of gravity and relativity. But in a liberals mind, that equation is racist, elitist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic and somehow probably cruel to trees and animals also.
Working a minimum wage job at McDonalds is not going to get someone off government assistance, especially if they have a family.

In fact, if they have children working at McDonalds might increase their government assistance in order to help them afford day care so they can flip burgers.

Exactly, unless your a Manager at McDonalds you are not making a good salary, the only people having a good time working at McDonalds are the high school part timers cause they have no real responsibilities.

Millions of people have lost their jobs. I'm sure many of them were quite capable of affording their children until the worst economic downturn since 1929. You can't just turn 'em in for a refund when your budget gets tight.

So everytime the economy gets bad and folks failed to save a nest egg when times were good it is the taxpayers responsibility to fund their past mistakes.
The American way.

Past mistakes like what?
-Flood?
-Illness in the family?
-Fire?
-Bad accident?
-Market crashes?
-Bank failures?

A lot of people find themselves in dire financial situations from "mistakes" that had nothing to do with their behavior.
If your neighbor burns his house down because he passed out while freebasing, are you required to make him whole again?

If your neighbor is a day trader and ruins his portfolio and bankrupts himself and loses everything, are you required to give him a do-over and make him whole?

If your neighbor mangles himself and his car wrapping it around a tree when 'accidentally' driving a little drunk on a rare occasion, should you be forced to replace the tree, car and medical bills?

Should you pay for your neighbor's medical treatment for lung cancer brought about by smoking?

If he is laid off and 'cannot' find another job due to his unwillingness to retrain or move, are you required to pay his bills and support him till he does (even if it never happens)?

Should you have to rebuild your neighbor's 1.5 million dollar home because he was stupid enough to build it on 20 acres of floodplain that's really bitching most times?

You seem to not understand the difference between stupid personal choices and natural disasters. Assumption of risk and personal responsibility are unavoidable and universal laws of life. No one can/should be automatically protected from their own incompetence or just plain bad luck. That's why we have private insurance that you are BETTING something bad will happen to you and when it does, you will be made whole again on your own dime. If you don't, you place your bets, you takes your chances.

Your neighbors are not, by default, responsible for the quality of your life. If they so CHOOSE to assist you and give you charity to help you out of a hole, that is well and good for it is the very nature and definition of CHARITY. But when you forcibly take from your neighbors to cover your own ass, and then use that as a reason to abdicate your own personal responsibility to pay for your own protection... that is parasitical, irresponsible and just plain wrong.

But... such is the nature of collectivist philosophical insanity. All are paid for existing, and none for their merits.

And while we're at it, answer me this: Why is the old homily "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions," so true?

Last edited:
The American way.

Past mistakes like what?
-Flood?
-Illness in the family?
-Fire?
-Bad accident?
-Market crashes?
-Bank failures?

If your neighbor burns his house down because he passed out while freebasing, are you required to make him whole again?

If your neighbor is a day trader and ruins his portfolio and bankrupts himself and loses everything, are you required to give him a do-over and make him whole?

If your neighbor mangles himself and his car wrapping it around a tree when 'accidentally' driving a little drunk on a rare occasion, should you be forced to replace the tree, car and medical bills?

Should you pay for your neighbor's medical treatment for lung cancer brought about by smoking?

If he is laid off and 'cannot' find another job due to his unwillingness to retrain or move, are you required to pay his bills and support him till he does (even if it never happens)?

Should you have to rebuild your neighbor's 1.5 million dollar home because he was stupid enough to build it on 20 acres of floodplain that's really bitching most times?

You seem to not understand the difference between stupid personal choices and natural disasters. Assumption of risk and personal responsibility are unavoidable and universal laws of life. No one can/should be automatically protected from their own incompetence or just plain bad luck. That's why we have private insurance that you are BETTING something bad will happen to you and when it does, you will be made whole again on your own dime. If you don't, you place your bets, you takes your chances.

Your neighbors are not, by default, responsible for the quality of your life. If they so CHOOSE to assist you and give you charity to help you out of a hole, that is well and good for it is the very nature and definition of CHARITY. But when you forcibly take from your neighbors to cover your own ass, and then use that as a reason to abdicate your own personal responsibility to pay for your own protection... that is parasitical, irresponsible and just plain wrong.

But... such is the nature of collectivist philosophical insanity. All are paid for existing, and none for their merits.

And while we're at it, answer me this: Why is the old homily "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions," so true?

You beat me to it.
Ironic that just today Republicans have shown proof of how many millionaires are drawing unemployment benefits as currently. They want to end it and it would save over 30 million over the life of those benefits.
There should be no such thing as unemployment insurance. No one is entitled to a job.

If a dumbass hick redneck stupid Georgia alumni, former defensive end because I was too ignorant to remember the plays at TE, can work his ass off for 35 years, DRIVE OLD CARS AND SAVE NICKEL AND DIMES, and raise 3 kids-2 of which have also graduated UGA, THEN ANYONE CAN.
I have gone through 3 recessions. Worked 3 jobs in my 20s, one of which was a janitor.
There is a bar in Virginia Highlands in Atlanta Moes and Joes where a bartender worked there for over 40 years and put everyone of his children through college.
No cry babies.

The American way.

Past mistakes like what?
-Flood?
-Illness in the family?
-Fire?
-Bad accident?
-Market crashes?
-Bank failures?

My 25 year old son sells AFLAC. $400 a year for someone 40 yoa.
35 a month. ONE DOLLAR A FRIGGIN DAY.
Covers almost all of that.
Past mistakes are not MY problem.

If a dumbass hick redneck stupid Georgia alumni, former defensive end because I was too ignorant to remember the plays at TE, can work his ass off for 35 years, DRIVE OLD CARS AND SAVE NICKEL AND DIMES, and raise 3 kids-2 of which have also graduated UGA, THEN ANYONE CAN.
I have gone through 3 recessions. Worked 3 jobs in my 20s, one of which was a janitor.
There is a bar in Virginia Highlands in Atlanta Moes and Joes where a bartender worked there for over 40 years and put everyone of his children through college.
No cry babies.

If you were of a democrat mindset you would have unionized the football team. Demanded the players get paid 60% of ticket revenue. Scream that greedy UGA staff used you. Never mind the contract you signed with the team forfeiting pay to fund the college & getting a free college education in return that rewarded you for a lifetime instead of the few football years. A democrat would have gotten injured the first game & demanded disability for the rest of his life.

Do you have a lifestyle that could be supported by McDonalds minimum wages?

You can do fine on McDonald's wages if you can walk, bike or not have to drive far to the location for work everyday. Housing is cheap & if government would stop printing money for the unemployed then utilities would also remain affordable. Unless McDonald's got a health care waiver then they will also provide you with health-care.

Dollar stores are also hiring like crazy & provide health-care to part timers.

Housing is cheap?

Where the fuck do you live? It's certain not cheap where I live.

And McDonalds DID get a waiver.

Housing is cheap & so is rent unless you live in Washington DC where all the money is.

McDonalds still provides health insurance, the waiver just means it does not have to meet HHS guidlines until 2014 when the government-organized marketplaces will offer insurance subsidized by tax credits.

Well, boys, it's been fun. This thread has exposed a lot of people's laziness and lack of personal pride. I'd rep myself if I could, as I was on quite a roll today. Gotta go hit the gym for a bit now and feed the dog. He's pissed. He wants his free food, water and shelter. As hard as I've tried....I think my dog may be a fucking liberal. Damn it.

Hold the phone!

You've been in this thread for the last hour or so and now you're going to the gym. Do you not have a job? Maybe you should take your own advice and go find yourself some meaningful employment. Either that, or stop posting from work and give your boss an honest day's work.

Fuckin' slacker.

I do have a job, I work part time at a friends business. I was disabled on-duty as a cop in 1998, shot in the knee. Damn knee was trashed, can no longer sprint, thus, can't do that job. So, got a modest retirement from the PD, now work part time at my friends GYM. I do part time management there for him when he's off. It's not a bad deal at all is it?

But if I was unemployed, and needed cash bad, I'd flip a damn burger. Who am I to think any job is below me?

No cry babies.

HEY man I was a DE in college also, Furman University in SC. Don't sell us short man. You and I were DE's because we were too mean and athletic to play offense:lol:!!!!!

Bravo on your work ethic. I can honestly thank my football coaches in large part for drilling the ego out of me, and convincing me that NOTHING is given, only earned, and even when you work your ass off sometimes you just don't win anyway, and whining and crying NEVER works. The ONLY way to get through adversity is work hard, push harder, and even when that doesn't work, you find someway to work even harder than that.

I think thats a common theme for guys who were in the military or team sports like football. Once your ego is checked, and you're taught that you must earn everything on your own, it carries over into personal life also.

Forum List

Back