McDonald’s Employees Told To Vote Republican Or Not Get Raises Or Benefits

What I'm wondering is, how much individual flexibility do individual McD's franchise owners have in benefits and wages? I was under the impression that those things didn't vary from one McD's to another. Don't most workers there basically earn about at minimum wage, with a few managers and assistant managers doing better?

What I'm wondering is, how much individual flexibility do individual McD's franchise owners have in benefits and wages? I was under the impression that those things didn't vary from one McD's to another. Don't most workers there basically earn about at minimum wage, with a few managers and assistant managers doing better?

They're now able to accompany you into the voting booth and if you vote the way they direct, you get a raise.

It's right there in the manual.

Our McDonalds pays about a dollar over min, wage . In fact most places around here do.
Supply and demand.

If I owned a McDs I would remind my employees which party hates Happy Meals.

This is totally out of control.
I think a well meaning guy got a little carried away with himself and we have people wanting to prosecute him in court.
What is he guilty of? Being a presumptious ass. Not something that merits prosecution.

As for the law...if it is illegal for an employer, than it should also be illegal for a union to do this on a much, much larger scale.

Puhleez. He has no idea who they will vote for.

As always, who you vote for is completely your personal decision and many factors go into your decision."

Again, this is what the state law says:

Ohio election law specifically states that no corporation "shall print or authorize to be print...or post or exhibit in the establishment or anywhere in or about the establishment...handbills containing any threat, notice, or information that if any particular candidate is elected or defeated, work in the establishment will cease in whole or in part, or other threats expressed or implied, intended to influence the political opinions or votes of...its employees."

He broke the law.
that law should be challenged for constitutionality

Our McDonalds pays about a dollar over min, wage . In fact most places around here do.
Supply and demand.

If I owned a McDs I would remind my employees which party hates Happy Meals.

Ask the San Francisco City Council...

Happy Meals toy ban moves forward

A board committee today found Supervisor Eric Mar's [URL="http://www.sfbos.org/ftp/uploadedfiles/bdsupvrs/committees/materials/lu100410_101096.pdf"]legislation banning toys in Happy Meals[/URL] downright delicious, recommending the full board approve it.

Puhleez. He has no idea who they will vote for.

Ohio election law specifically states that no corporation "shall print or authorize to be print...or post or exhibit in the establishment or anywhere in or about the establishment...handbills containing any threat, notice, or information that if any particular candidate is elected or defeated, work in the establishment will cease in whole or in part, or other threats expressed or implied, intended to influence the political opinions or votes of...its employees."

He broke the law.

I don't for one minute think that the employer would fire anyone in this case for voting as they choose. All I see in this is an employer highlighting who has caused problems...who meaning party.

This is all bullsqueeze...and blown outta proportion...and on cue by the LEFT.

if i own a business i can damn well say what i please.
And this was the franchise owner, not mcdonalds corporation.

Couldn't agree more! In fact, they shouldn't even be told who they have to hire.

Last edited:

He broke the law.

I don't for one minute think that the employer would fire anyone in this case for voting as they choose. All I see in this is an employer highlighting who has caused problems...who meaning party.

the guy never threatened to fire anyone

but that law restricts this mans first amendment rights of political expression

McDonalds is crap. They have crappy, bad for you food. They are a crappy place to work for, a food assembly line. Most of their employees actually appear too young to vote.

As far as this obnoxious McDonalds owner, he is probably disliked by his employees and they'll probably vote the opposite of what he says.
I agree.

And this is a moot issue because there is no way for McDonald's to know how any of their employees vote.

the guy never threatened to fire anyone

but that law restricts this mans first amendment rights of political expression

These are the sort of Laws that need to be struck down upon Constitutional grounds. And while we are at it? We can scrap 'Affirmative Action'...and what it has become.

Who's up for it? *I AM*. [For another thread of course].

Forum List

Back