McDonald’s Employees Told To Vote Republican Or Not Get Raises Or Benefits

Tempest in a teapot.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A handful of McDonald's employees in northeastern Ohio received handbills in their most recent paychecks suggesting they vote for three Republican candidates.

Puhleez. I get propaganda weekly from the NJEA (much of which is filled with untruths) telling me who to vote for and how the sky is falling under Gov. Christie. That's America.

Again, it's not a good analogy unless the NJEA directly controls your paycheck and benefits and is telling you that they will be forced to impose financial sanctions unless the candidates they support win.

This isn't the same situation. This guy cuts these people's checks and is telling them he will dock their checks if the GOP loses.

That's a wholly improper attempt to intimidate people into voting a certain way.

Which is why it is illegal.

^ This post made no sense whatsoever

But it's okay when liberal Democratics have their puppets, the labor Unions, tell the Union members to vote Democrat or they will all go unemployed and their children will die.

Fail-low, you are a failure.

Shut the fuck up you dumbass fucking liar, you can't even admit McDonalds is wrong, its fucking voter intimidation by McDonalds.

He's got a point.

Unions not only intimidate and threaten members to vote democrat, but they REQUIRE them to campaign for them as well.

Unions aren't responsible for cutting their member's paychecks. In fact, people pay dues to Unions for political activism. You'd expect your union to be involved in elections.

I don't feel like scanning through all the posts...

Is DoJ legal case being brought against this gentleman, or is it too early to tell yet?

Tempest in a teapot.

Puhleez. I get propaganda weekly from the NJEA (much of which is filled with untruths) telling me who to vote for and how the sky is falling under Gov. Christie. That's America.

Again, it's not a good analogy unless the NJEA directly controls your paycheck and benefits and is telling you that they will be forced to impose financial sanctions unless the candidates they support win.

This isn't the same situation. This guy cuts these people's checks and is telling them he will dock their checks if the GOP loses.

That's a wholly improper attempt to intimidate people into voting a certain way.

As your level of "high functioning" around here is to post Palin Zombie pictures, I am not surprised it went over your head.

Shut the fuck up you dumbass fucking liar, you can't even admit McDonalds is wrong, its fucking voter intimidation by McDonalds.

He's got a point.

Unions not only intimidate and threaten members to vote democrat, but they REQUIRE them to campaign for them as well.

Unions aren't responsible for cutting their member's paychecks. In fact, people pay dues to Unions for political activism. You'd expect your union to be involved in elections.

Sometimes people pay dues because they simply don't have a choice if they want to work in their field.

Is DoJ legal case being brought against this gentleman, or is it too early to tell yet?

An attorney representing one of the employees has asked he be prosecuted, I don't think anything has happened. I don't think he should be prosecuted. He acknowledged his conduct was improper.

However, it appears clear that he broke the law in the State of Ohio.

Why people keep trying to compare this to Unions is beyond me.

He's got a point.

Who the fuck said anything about cutting paychecks?

I'm just saying that the union that represents you will force you to campaign for democrats, and intimidate you into voting for them, and they can and WILL use it against you by not giving you work.

Don't fucking tell me different, because I have several friends who are union painters in NJ, and I've seen it first hand.

Sure...you don't HAVE to go campaign...but then, you don't have to WORK either, I suppose. :rolleyes:

He's got a point.

Sometimes people pay dues because they simply don't have a choice if they want to work in their field.

I don't agree with that either, but that's a separate issue.

It's not illegal for unions to endorse candidates they think will help their members.

It is illegal for employers to endorse candidates they think will help their business and ultimately employees when that endorsement carries the threat of financial sanctions.

An attorney representing one of the employees has asked he be prosecuted, I don't think anything has happened. I don't think he should be prosecuted. He acknowledged his conduct was improper.

However, it appears clear that he broke the law in the State of Ohio.

Why people keep trying to compare this to Unions is beyond me.

It's not a direct comparison to unions, but there's enough similarities where I can see how the case may be made.

I don't think that there is much of a case for prosecuting him.

I don't agree with that either, but that's a separate issue.

True.

I just don't like what unions have become. Just another business that seeks to monopolize the customer base.

As your level of "high functioning" around here is to post Palin Zombie pictures, I am not surprised it went over your head.

Unions take money each and every month from their employees so they too have the power of the purse.

In any event how the fuck is the employee supposed to know who they voted for?

He's got a point.

I'm just saying that the union that represents you will force you to campaign for democrats, and intimidate you into voting for them, and they can and WILL use it against you by not giving you work.

Don't fucking tell me different, because I have several friends who are union painters in NJ, and I've seen it first hand.

Sure...you don't HAVE to go campaign...but then, you don't have to WORK either, I suppose. :rolleyes:

I did. It's the crucial element to this issue that makes it different than what Unions do.

If you want to hate unions, that your prerogative. I am just saying that it's not a good analogy to what this guy did.

Obviously, as there are laws against what this employer did.

If you let your employer supply your health insurance you are beholden to their rules.

Buy your own insurance and you are beholden to only yourself.

That way you are free, truly free, to vote as you please.

Unions take money each and every month from their employees so they too have the power of the purse.

In any event how the fuck is the employee supposed to know who they voted for?

Read the article Frank. It will all make sense.

He doesn't have any way of knowing who his employees voted for. However, trying to coerce his employees into voting a certain way with the threat of financial sanctions if the election doesn't go his way is illegal in Ohio.

As the employer, he has direct control over these people's paychecks. Unions do not have that.

Obviously he screwed up if he violated the law and McDonalds corporate policy.

I did. It's the crucial element to this issue that makes it different than what Unions do.

If you want to hate unions, that your prerogative. I am just saying that it's not a good analogy to what this guy did.

Ok, that's fair enough I suppose.

But while a union may not directly be controlling your actual paycheck from the contractor, they are the ones who will either assure you that you work, or assure you that you sit on the bench for eternity.

It's dangerously close to extortion.

Puhleez. He has no idea who they will vote for.

As always, who you vote for is completely your personal decision and many factors go into your decision."

Again, this is what the state law says:

Ohio election law specifically states that no corporation "shall print or authorize to be print...or post or exhibit in the establishment or anywhere in or about the establishment...handbills containing any threat, notice, or information that if any particular candidate is elected or defeated, work in the establishment will cease in whole or in part, or other threats expressed or implied, intended to influence the political opinions or votes of...its employees."

He broke the law.

But while a union may not directly be controlling your actual paycheck from the contractor, they are the ones who will either assure you that you work, or assure you that you sit on the bench for eternity.

Again, that's a separate issue.

Again, that's a separate issue.

It's close enough in relation that it was worth mentioning.

Maybe you don't think so, because you're a democrat and that crosses your political boundary. I don't know.

But it was definitely worth mentioning as a comparison.

Political intimidation is political intimidation.

Forum List

Back