McDonald’s CEO Admits Obama’s Economy and Higher Wages Is A Rousing Success

And of course…

Despite the odds, became the first black president and then, was reelected by a wide margin.

You're a waste of good air. You're afraid to post the link to your wild website.

You show a worthless word salad from an anonymous website titled:

cropped-PCTC-Blue_zpslmta7dze.png

*Progressives Coast to Coast

You're so cute in your futile little efforts.

And as predicted: minimum wage activists have their panties is a twist due to ROBOTS:

Wendy’s is currently taking flak for testing automated kiosks. They plan to make 6,000 automated kiosks available to their franchise stores by the end of the year. This isn’t a new thing. McDonald’s has been testing this for years in Romeoville, Illinois, and all over Europe, including Berlin of course. As big corporations are wont to do, they cite the prospect of declining profits due to wage increases (which is impossible in Germany with their justly strict worker’s rights). This is about maximizing profits and increasing safety, full stop. 30% of a restaurant’s costs come from staff. Maintaining iPads and burger flipping robots will cost much, much less. That’s just reality at this point. Also, you don’t have to worry about a robot rubbing your food on its genitals. So there’s that.

There’s been a considerable backlash against McDonald’s and now Wendy’s for this. Curious given that when 100% automated and robotic Eatsa opened in San Francisco it was met with white-privilege glee. Then again, they’re selling quinoa bowls. But, it’s the same thing. They’ve chosen not to hire as many — or any — staff as a regular fast food restaurant to maximize profits for themselves. Let’s not kid ourselves....

Wendy's Automated Kiosks Cause Outrage Amongst Minimum Wage Crusaders

And of course…

Despite the odds, became the first black president and then, was reelected by a wide margin.

Markle, the congenital idiot, said:

You're a waste of good air. You're afraid to post the link to your wild website.

Let me help you, me poor congenital idiot con tool. The post I provided was not world salad. It was simply a list of bills and their numbers. Generally, you do not post a link to lists, because they are not open to interpretation. But I did. As you see above. But nice try. Imagine how much better things would go if you had a brain.

/QUOTE]

And of course…

Let me help you, me poor congenital idiot con tool. The post I provided was not world salad. It was simply a list of bills and their numbers. Generally, you do not post a link to lists, because they are not open to interpretation. But I did. As you see above. But nice try. Imagine how much better things would go if you had a brain.

/QUOTE]

Rsherme typically has...nothing.

And as predicted: minimum wage activists have their panties is a twist due to ROBOTS:

Wendy’s is currently taking flak for testing automated kiosks. They plan to make 6,000 automated kiosks available to their franchise stores by the end of the year. This isn’t a new thing. McDonald’s has been testing this for years in Romeoville, Illinois, and all over Europe, including Berlin of course. As big corporations are wont to do, they cite the prospect of declining profits due to wage increases (which is impossible in Germany with their justly strict worker’s rights). This is about maximizing profits and increasing safety, full stop. 30% of a restaurant’s costs come from staff. Maintaining iPads and burger flipping robots will cost much, much less. That’s just reality at this point. Also, you don’t have to worry about a robot rubbing your food on its genitals. So there’s that.

There’s been a considerable backlash against McDonald’s and now Wendy’s for this. Curious given that when 100% automated and robotic Eatsa opened in San Francisco it was met with white-privilege glee. Then again, they’re selling quinoa bowls. But, it’s the same thing. They’ve chosen not to hire as many — or any — staff as a regular fast food restaurant to maximize profits for themselves. Let’s not kid ourselves....

Wendy's Automated Kiosks Cause Outrage Amongst Minimum Wage Crusaders

Just think, if liberals had their way we could outlaw farm equipment since it took literally 90% of the jobs on the planet.

And of course…

/QUOTE]

Actually, the designers of this site assumed that anyone would know what "click to expand" means. They had obviously not run into you. Sorry it is too complex for you, me idiot con tool.

. So much for the GOP’s lies that higher wages and employee benefits are business killers.

of course they are business killers which is why McDonalds does not support $15/hour or $50/hour at its 13,000 franchises. Volkswagon sells more than Rolls Royce because price obviously matters. A tiny child could understand this but not a liberal.

For the past seven years President Barack Obama has worked tirelessly to address income inequality plaguing far too many Americans, including issuing non-stop calls for a minimum wage hike, As is usually the case, Republicans opposed any plan to help lift Americans earning poverty wages out of their financial distress, and complained loudly and bitterly that raising wages is certain to break businesses.

However, that is not the case by any means. In fact, the CEO of McDonald’s fast food chain, Steve Easterbrook, was pleased to announce that driven by the President’s push for higher wages and a growing economy, McDonald’s profits are up, employee turnover is lower, and customer satisfaction scores are higher. So much for the GOP’s lies that higher wages and employee benefits are business killers.

Last year McDonald’s raised wages for over 90,000 of its employees and provided more incentives and benefit packages. The results are in and according to Mr. Easterbrook; “I am pleased with the progress we’ve made in the 13 months since I became CEO. We are making improvements that our customers are noticing to serve hotter, fresher food with improved overall service experience. We are returning many of our critical markets to growth in terms of sales, guest counts, and market share. And we’re increasing profitability both for the company and our franchisees, whose cash flow’s approaching all-time highs in many of our major markets.”

Would you like to know more?...

Politicus, Goose? That's amusing stuff! Do you really read that propaganda they put out from that joke of a site?

Barack Obama's two terms have seen an ever increasing gap between the wealthy and the poor as his total lack of economic plans to create jobs and grow the economy have led to the poor becoming poorer and the wealthy getting wealthier.

Worked "tirelessly"? Come on, Goose...Barry's not big on "work"! He's more of an "image" and "big picture" kind of guy! To translate that for you...he lets others do the legislative heavy lifting and claims credit when it's done.

For the past seven years President Barack Obama has worked tirelessly to address income inequality plaguing far too many Americans, including issuing non-stop calls for a minimum wage hike, As is usually the case, Republicans opposed any plan to help lift Americans earning poverty wages out of their financial distress, and complained loudly and bitterly that raising wages is certain to break businesses.

However, that is not the case by any means. In fact, the CEO of McDonald’s fast food chain, Steve Easterbrook, was pleased to announce that driven by the President’s push for higher wages and a growing economy, McDonald’s profits are up, employee turnover is lower, and customer satisfaction scores are higher. So much for the GOP’s lies that higher wages and employee benefits are business killers.

Last year McDonald’s raised wages for over 90,000 of its employees and provided more incentives and benefit packages. The results are in and according to Mr. Easterbrook; “I am pleased with the progress we’ve made in the 13 months since I became CEO. We are making improvements that our customers are noticing to serve hotter, fresher food with improved overall service experience. We are returning many of our critical markets to growth in terms of sales, guest counts, and market share. And we’re increasing profitability both for the company and our franchisees, whose cash flow’s approaching all-time highs in many of our major markets.”

So Oldstyle says:
Politicus, Goose? That's amusing stuff! Do you really read that propaganda they put out from that joke of a site?
Yes, Great Goose, do not use sites that are not owned by rich owners who control the writing. Con tools do not know what to do with attempts at truth. They believe impartial sites are a joke.

"PoliticusUSA is fiercely corporate-free political news and analysis. We started it and maintain it with old-fashioned hard work and dedication – not a drop of investment capital was used in the start up. We do not seek grants or funding from foundations. We do not accept advertising dollars from any outlet that would have even the opportunity to dictate our coverage. There is no think tank dictating our analysis.

We have NO corporate masters. The facts are our guide. They said this couldn’t be done, but you — our readers — have proven them wrong. PoliticusUSA is by design accessible to all levels of readers. Whether you are a casual follower of current events or a policy wonk, there is something here at Politicus for you.
For christ sakes, you chose a non agenda driven source. Con tools hate that. Though it proves you have integrity.
PoliticusUSA is 100% minority owned, and deliberately out of the beltway.

What was the economic errors that Obama made and what do you think would have cut down on the income and wealth inequality?

"More than half (55%) of Republicans said the economic system is fair to most people, but majorities of Democrats (75%) and independents (63%) said it favors the wealthy. And 61% of Democrats and 50% of independents said the gap was a very big problem, versus only 28% of Republicans. Four-in-ten Republicans termed the gap either a small problem (22%) or not a problem at all (18%)"
U.S. income inequality, on rise for decades, is now highest since 1928

You seem to suggest that the problem is growing under the Obama administration. But the stats I have seen say it is just continuing on, as it has for several decades. Certainly since the 1970's. If you have seen other causes,it would be interesting to see them.
The common one to me is:
"Since the late 1970s, deregulation, de-unionization, tax changes, federal monetary policies, “the shareholder revolution,” and other policies reduced wages and employment. This explanation would seem to call for policy changes such as increasing unionization, better supervision of Wall Street, raising the minimum wage, and maintaining a full-employment focus in monetary policy, to address inequality and declining wages."
What’s caused the rise in income inequality in the US?

I see a president as a non cause. His policies may be. But you have named none. So you need to look at what the executive branch has done, or not done. Could be policies of congress, or could be the reaction to a major recession. Employers typically pay less for labor when they can get it for less. In other words, unemployment makes for income inequality.
Have an economic argument for a change??? Or just opinion.

So Oldstyle says:
Yes, Great Goose, do not use sites that are not owned by rich owners who control the writing. Con tools do not know what to do with attempts at truth. They believe impartial sites are a joke.

"PoliticusUSA is fiercely corporate-free political news and analysis. We started it and maintain it with old-fashioned hard work and dedication – not a drop of investment capital was used in the start up. We do not seek grants or funding from foundations. We do not accept advertising dollars from any outlet that would have even the opportunity to dictate our coverage. There is no think tank dictating our analysis.

We have NO corporate masters. The facts are our guide. They said this couldn’t be done, but you — our readers — have proven them wrong. PoliticusUSA is by design accessible to all levels of readers. Whether you are a casual follower of current events or a policy wonk, there is something here at Politicus for you.
For christ sakes, you chose a non agenda driven source. Con tools hate that. Though it proves you have integrity.

What was the economic errors that Obama made and what do you think would have cut down on the income and wealth inequality?

"More than half (55%) of Republicans said the economic system is fair to most people, but majorities of Democrats (75%) and independents (63%) said it favors the wealthy. And 61% of Democrats and 50% of independents said the gap was a very big problem, versus only 28% of Republicans. Four-in-ten Republicans termed the gap either a small problem (22%) or not a problem at all (18%)"

You seem to suggest that the problem is growing under the Obama administration. But the stats I have seen say it is just continuing on, as it has for several decades. Certainly since the 1970's. If you have seen other causes,it would be interesting to see them.
The common one to me is:
"Since the late 1970s, deregulation, de-unionization, tax changes, federal monetary policies, “the shareholder revolution,” and other policies reduced wages and employment. This explanation would seem to call for policy changes such as increasing unionization, better supervision of Wall Street, raising the minimum wage, and maintaining a full-employment focus in monetary policy, to address inequality and declining wages."

I see a president as a non cause. His policies may be. But you have named none. So you need to look at what the executive branch has done, or not done. Could be policies of congress, or could be the reaction to a major recession. Employers typically pay less for labor when they can get it for less. In other words, unemployment makes for income inequality.

Wow, listening to you try to pretend you know something about economics is always a hoot! So you think the President is a "non cause" but you think his policies may be? What does that statement even mean? Employers typically pay less for labor when they can get it for less"? Really?

Why do you even bother posting here? You continually try to pass yourself off as in the know about things that you obviously know nothing about and then you whine for weeks when you get called on it.

So Oldstyle says:

The common one to me is:

So, Oldstyle, as per his normal, comes at me with personal attacks but without economic argument:
Wow, listening to you try to pretend you know something about economics is always a hoot!
Simple to explain, though thinking people understand. But thinking people try to bring more than their opinion and personal attacks. So you think the President is a "non cause" but you think his policies may be? What does that statement even mean? Really, really simple and obvious statement of fact, me boy. Presidents generally do not make law. Making law, me boy, means bringing bills to CONGRESS So, congress is made up of the senate and the house. They must each approve bills that then go for signature to the president. The president then can sign them, or can refuse to do so. So.....Again very simple. The president may not originate and sign bills. Takes both arms of congress. So, as I say, presidents generally do not make law. Got it yet??????? Again, let's see if you can understand. Congress makes law. Congress can also stop bills and end the effort to vote those bills into law. Very, very simple description of how things work.
Employers typically pay less for labor when they can get it for less"? Really? Yes, really. Because, me boy, they do not like paying more than they have to. It is, again, a very obvious and easy to prove thing. Sorry it is a surprise to you. So, in general wages tend to stay stagnant, while prices otherwise continue to increase, during recessions. In the end, workers work for less in real terms. And as the recession ends, new earnings are often channelled to the wealthy, and not to the working class. Here is an actual, major study of the subject. Done by an impartial source. The article describing the study begins with:

Since 2009, Anita Reyes’ wages have been as frozen as Lake Minnetonka in January.
While the U.S. economy was recovering from the Great Recession, Reyes, 52, a casino dealer from Minneapolis, was dining on $1.67 cans of soup and searching for a way to keep her house, which was foreclosed on last October.
“I went backwards,” Reyes said. “Two years ago, three years ago, I didn’t know I’d be looking at being homeless.”

Stephen Hemsley’s salary has been frozen too. His income hasn’t.
The chief executive officer of Minnetonka, Minnesota-based health insurer UnitedHealth Group Inc. earned $1.3 million in salary every year since 2007. Still, as the economic recovery took hold from 2009 to 2011, Hemsley, 60, exercised stock options worth more than $170 million and made at least $51 million from share sales, making him the object of an “Occupy Lake Minnetonka” protest on the ice outside his lakeside home each winter.
Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened
So, continuing his personal attack, oldstyle states:

Why do you even bother posting here? You continually try to pass yourself off as in the know about things that you obviously know nothing about and then you whine for weeks when you get called on it.
You are not calling anyone out. You can not, as usual, provide a single economic argument. But we are all very, very impressed that you can make unsubstantiated personal attacks.

So, you started in your last post blame the current president for the current unequal distribution of wealth. But you provide no facts, and therefor no proof, of your accusation. I suggested, in my response to your post, that the problem did not start, or grow, because of Obama. But that it was an issue going on for decades. Which I backed up with research and links to that information. Did you have proof of any of your accusations, or are you simply here for your normal personal attacks and to post your normal conservative troll dogma. Talking points. You have had a chance to back up your statements, but have chosen not to, but to simply attack.
How about this, Oldstyle. What bills have been put out there by Democrats, or by Republicans, to address the problem of unequal income distribution? What have any politicians, in any political branch, done to either help or hurt the problem? Is it a problem in your mind? Do you care?

Last edited:
The OP cites an opinion piece in which the author spins McD's turnaround. The real reasons are All Day Breakfast, streamlining the menu, and ROBOTS.

McDonald's To Open 25,000 Robot-Run Restaurants By 2016 - News Examiner - Examine Your World

Robots are coming for your job: Amazon, McDonald’s and the next wave of dangerous capitalist “disruption”

You posted a link to an article in the News Examiner which is over a year old and says these restaurants will be opening in 2016. Where are they?

Your own article explains WHY the 1% has done so well and the Middle Class has not during the Obama 7 years! You're simply too clueless to understand it! The stock market has been artificially propped up by almost interest free rates...but the only people who had the credit to use that cheap capital were the wealthy. So while the bulk of the Middle Classes wealth remained centered on the homes they live in (and home values are still depressed) the 1% were buying stocks and investment properties with essentially "free" capital! To make matters worse...those low interest rates made the earnings of whatever money the Middle Class had in savings accounts almost nonexistent.

Obama supporters love to point to the resurgence of the stock market as one of Barry's "successes" but fail to comprehend that eight years of quantitative easing and low Fed rates have made the wealthy much richer because they had access to that cheap money to invest with. Those policies also made the value of every dollar that poorer Americans had in their pockets worth less. As bad as it is now just imagine the shape we'd be in right now if fracking technology hadn't caused a huge decrease in the cost of energy! That cheap energy is what's driven the economy for the past several years and it's something that Obama and his minions actively worked AGAINST!

The OP cites an opinion piece in which the author spins McD's turnaround. The real reasons are All Day Breakfast, streamlining the menu, and ROBOTS.

McDonald's To Open 25,000 Robot-Run Restaurants By 2016 - News Examiner - Examine Your World

Robots are coming for your job: Amazon, McDonald’s and the next wave of dangerous capitalist “disruption”

You posted a link to an article in the News Examiner which is over a year old and says these restaurants will be opening in 2016. Where are they?

It must be sad to go through life unable to use a search engine.

Phase One is in process: Order taking.

Eatsa, A Futuristic Restaurant Where Robot Cubbies Serve Quinoa

A robot will take your order now

WOW, what a thread this has become. I haven't seen this much propaganda in a long time.

Fortunately, the explanation for most phenomena is simple, if not always easy. Lefties, in their attempts to alter reality, always miss the most fundamental and obvious points. Maybe a little explanation can help.

(1) "Inequality" is not a problem, but rather it is a fact of life. Furthermore, over time - no matter what you are talking about - "inequality" will increase. Whether you are talking about the difference between the poorest and the wealthiest, the least and most skilled, the shortest and the tallest, the thinnest and the fattest, the difference between the smartest and the least smart, it doesn't matter. "Inequality" increases over time. The lowest level never changes, and the highest level always increases.

(2) The fighting about "inequality" is insidious. The real problem in advanced societies is not "inequality," but rather persistent poverty. Everyone could get on board in a fight against persistent poverty, although the means suggested by the Left and the Right would be different. By changing the argument to one over "inequality," it re-directs attention to those who supposed have "too much wealth" or "too much income," as though these were inherently accumulated wrongly. Who was harmed by Bill Gates as he accumulated his fortune? Zuckerberg? Did they steal their money? Really, who was harmed? Where is the "injustice"? If a real estate developer develops five new casinos in a desert somewhere and accumulates a billion dollars in personal profit, where is the injustice in that? Only in the minds of addle-brained Lefties.

(3) If McDonald's (or any other employer) decides to increase its wages for entry level people, what does that have to do with an increase in the compulsory Federal Minimum Wage? Absolutely nothing! What it does is it gives McDonald's a better pick from the people willing to work in Fast Food, when compared to their competitors, so that they can hire older people, more intelligent people, and even attract some retired people who aren't willing to work for $7.35, but would be willing to work for $12 or $15/hr.

(4) Lefties never even countenance the question, "Where does the money come from?" when pushing for a higher minimum wage. It doesn't magically materialize (like the money that funds the gigantic federal deficit). It comes out of someone's pocket - either the Owner's, the customers, or the other employees who got laid off or had their hours cut. 'Prosperity" does not increase when the MW goes up. And you had better believe that small business owners will do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to ensure that the extra payroll money does not come out of their pockets.

(5) If an increase in the MW can promote prosperity, then why be niggardly about it? Why $15? Why not $25? Why not $50?

(6) To the extent that there are "higher wages" anywhere in the economy - except for higher wages in Government employment - one can say categorically that Our Beloved President had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. To even suppose otherwise is idiotic.

[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

So, Oldstyle makes the following statements, complete with no proof of anything he says. Because Oldstye can not prove anything. Lets look at his drivel:
Your own article explains WHY the 1% has done so well and the Middle Class has not during the Obama 7 years! You're simply too clueless to understand it! Wow, Two sentences so far, one a personal attack, the other the other completely a mis-statement of the linked article. The stock market has been artificially propped up by almost interest free rates.Really, you have proof of that, me boy. Experts I have seen say interest rates have not helped much at all. Funny how you can never provide an impartial link to back up your statements. Because, me boy, they are nonsense...but the only people who had the credit to use that cheap capital were the wealthy. So while the bulk of the Middle Classes wealth remained centered on the homes they live in (and home values are still depressed) the 1% were buying stocks and investment properties with essentially "free" capital! Not much of that was going on. Remember, republicans made sure that the wealthy got tax breaks in the Stimulus (the one they then all voted against) because they wanted job makers to get them to spend it expanding business. Standard Supply Side thought. So you are saying that Supply side failed, and they decided instead to use their capital to make themselves richer. But you have no proof. Got it. To make matters worse...those low interest rates made the earnings of whatever money the Middle Class had in savings accounts almost nonexistent.Uh, there is little to no truth in your statements. Perhaps you would like to provide a link to prove your statements. Because they have no basis in fact.
Let me help you again, me poor dishwasher. Income for the middle class is in the form of wages, commissions, and so forth. Income for the 1% is made up of stock options, bonuses, and really big salaries. Those earnings did not go away during the Great Republican Recession of 2008:
"Caterpillar’s Contract
Caterpillar Inc. made headlines this year for resisting wage demands at a plant in Joliet, Illinois, after reporting a record $1.7 billion in second-quarter profit. Machinist Kathy Keifer, 56, started there in 1994 after a friend in a geometry class at Joliet Junior College raved about the opportunities. She said she was trained in welding, machining and assembly, and by 2007, was making $25 an hour, enough to support a daughter as a single parent. After a career detour as a real estate agent, she said she returned in 2010 to a changed employer.

Joliet machinists, who make $14.74 to $25.88 an hour, in August accepted a six-year contract that provided no pay increase for those hired before May 2005. Workers hired later receive a one-time 3 percent pay raise or “market-based” increases, whichever is higher. Employees also got a $3,100 signing bonus.

Compensation for Caterpillar’s CEO, the 37-year company veteran Douglas Oberhelman, rose 60 percent to $16.9 million last year. Keifer said that over the next six years, the most she can expect is a 55-cent increase from $17.39 an hour."
See the difference. The ceo got a 60% raise to $17 MILLION. The worker got nothing, but may get up to 55 cents in increase in the future.
Really, you should actually read the linked articles I provide you. You could actually learn something.

Obama supporters love to point to the resurgence of the stock market as one of Barry's "successes" but fail to comprehend that eight years of quantitative easing and low Fed rates have made the wealthy much richer because they had access to that cheap money to invest with. Really, nice. You showed your lack of class by using one of the favorite names from the con tool web sites to insult the president. Nice. Shows who you are. Fact is, quantitative easing has had just about zero effect on our economy. Look up the economic meaning of pushing on a string, and read some. Maybe you will actually learn something.
Those policies also made the value of every dollar that poorer Americans had in their pockets worth less. That would be untrue. Which is why you have no proof of the statement.
As bad as it is now just imagine the shape we'd be in right now if fracking technology hadn't caused a huge decrease in the cost of energy! That cheap energy is what's driven the economy for the past several years and it's something that Obama and his minions actively worked AGAINST!
Fracking is another subject. I think it is rather obvious that we were talking about income inequality. And SURPRISE, there you are trying to change the subject.
So, you have made accusations without any back up. Just your word, as a dish washer. Got it. And personal attacks. Nice. Do you ever use truth, or do you just stick to con talking points? Just a rhetorical question, me boy, we all know the answer.
I hope at least you have learned that the wealthy do not use their money to simply buy stocks, but mostly get their wealth from stock options and bonuses. But I am sure fact is not of interest to you.
The point of the article, documented by an important study, is that earnings of the middle class have gone flat, while the earnings of the wealthy in all forms has gone through the roof.
By the way, your statement:
(and home values are still depressed) is not only untrue, but you have to be living in the great con alternative universe to say that. Home prices have been back to normal for years, me boy. Have you gotten back to simply lying at any point you want, to make a point. Really, it simply proves you have no integrity. Housing prices have not reached the 2007 high, which was when they were at unrealistic highs just prior to the crash. They have been back in line with pre boom prices by 2014. Unless you want another bust, you should not be comparing housing prices to where they were when the boom collapsed.

Last edited:
WOW, what a thread this has become. I haven't seen this much propaganda in a long time.

Fortunately, the explanation for most phenomena is simple, if not always easy. Lefties, in their attempts to alter reality, always miss the most fundamental and obvious points. Maybe a little explanation can help.

(1) "Inequality" is not a problem, but rather it is a fact of life. Furthermore, over time - no matter what you are talking about - "inequality" will increase. Whether you are talking about the difference between the poorest and the wealthiest, the least and most skilled, the shortest and the tallest, the thinnest and the fattest, the difference between the smartest and the least smart, it doesn't matter. "Inequality" increases over time. The lowest level never changes, and the highest level always increases.
Great. Now having your proclamation, we will all stop worrying, and know the economic experts are wrong. Got it.

(2) The fighting about "inequality" is insidious. The real problem in advanced societies is not "inequality," but rather persistent poverty. Everyone could get on board in a fight against persistent poverty, although the means suggested by the Left and the Right would be different. By changing the argument to one over "inequality," it re-directs attention to those who supposed have "too much wealth" or "too much income," as though these were inherently accumulated wrongly. Who was harmed by Bill Gates as he accumulated his fortune? Zuckerberg? Did they steal their money? Really, who was harmed? Where is the "injustice"? If a real estate developer develops five new casinos in a desert somewhere and accumulates a billion dollars in personal profit, where is the injustice in that? Only in the minds of addle-brained Lefties.
Funny. I am a lefty, At least per your addled mind. And I was not worried at all.

(3) If McDonald's (or any other employer) decides to increase its wages for entry level people, what does that have to do with an increase in the compulsory Federal Minimum Wage? Absolutely nothing! What it does is it gives McDonald's a better pick from the people willing to work in Fast Food, when compared to their competitors, so that they can hire older people, more intelligent people, and even attract some retired people who aren't willing to work for $7.35, but would be willing to work for $12 or $15/hr.
Wow. Now that was profound. Why did they not do that before they were faced with the new minimum wage??????

(4) Lefties never even countenance the question, "Where does the money come from?" when pushing for a higher minimum wage. It doesn't magically materialize (like the money that funds the gigantic federal deficit). It comes out of someone's pocket - either the Owner's, the customers, or the other employees who got laid off or had their hours cut. 'Prosperity" does not increase when the MW goes up. And you had better believe that small business owners will do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to ensure that the extra payroll money does not come out of their pockets.
Uh, everyone considers where the money comes from, dipshit. That you think anyone would not simply proves you are stupid. Though I noticed long ago.

(5) If an increase in the MW can promote prosperity, then why be niggardly about it? Why $15? Why not $25? Why not $50?
I would respond if I believed even you could be that stupid. But if you are, no one can help you.

(6) To the extent that there are "higher wages" anywhere in the economy - except for higher wages in Government employment - one can say categorically that Our Beloved President had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. To even suppose otherwise is idiotic.
One can suppose nothing, except that you are idiotic.
Congratulations. A new entry in the stupidest post of the year. You are in the running.

/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

That is great the McDonald's is doing well but it is pretty misleading to imply this CEO mentioned anything about Obama or the economy as a whole.

That correlation was produced by the author of the piece, not the CEO.

Actually, the designers of this site assumed that anyone would know what "click to expand" means. They had obviously not run into you. Sorry it is too complex for you, me idiot con tool.[/QUOTE]

Please share with us all what you posted at #43.

New Topics

Forum List

Back