McConnell's new offer?????

Sactowndog

VIP Member
Jul 4, 2011
Ok I don't get it....

You have the democrats over a barrel... Obama has promised to reform entitlements in return for extending the Bush tax cuts. You would have a deal with 80% speinding cuts and 20% revenue enhancements. You can go down in history as the Congress that finally stepped up to the plate and addressed Medicare before it ate the budget

But instead

You choose to give the President the power to raise the debt ceiling on your own knowing that the Bush tax cuts are temporary. All so you can make a symbollic vote against the Debt ceiling but not have it have any meaning.:cuckoo:

Can anyone provide the rational thinking behind this decision?

Sure! They're gonna let obiedoodle but his money where his big mouth his and let him tell us what hiz plan izz.. why are you so stupid?

IMHO the GOP phones are ringing off the hooks and the folks are saying "make the big deal you stupid fucks".

You mean they're accepting a few revenue increases, even possibly...gasp...tax increases on the wealthy?

Since when has anyone offered 80% spending cuts? Since when have the offered to make the Bush cuts permenant and not raise them next year?

All I've heard is $4 Trillion in cuts over the next 12 years (nothing immediate and nothing guarenteed since future congresses dont have to abide by any current deal) in order to get immediate tax increases.

Could you show somewhere they are offering 80% cuts.

IMHO the GOP phones are ringing off the hooks and the folks are saying "make the big deal you stupid fucks".

You mean they're accepting a few revenue increases, even possibly...gasp...tax increases on the wealthy?

IMHO simply letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire will go a long way to solving the problem.

I agree and I still think it was the better idea last December. All the other stuff that got done that so many people crowed about wasn't really worth it.

Not really sure why you guys think increasing taxes during a recession is a good idea. Heck, since we already provide one third of our labor to support the government in taxes, I don't know why you think taxes increases at any time is a good idea.

Why on earth do you guys really want to work until April to pay off the government? Why do you want to work longer?

We are becoming slaves for our politicians and that doesnt seem to bother you guys.

Not really sure why you guys think increasing taxes during a recession is a good idea. Heck, since we already provide one third of our labor to support the government in taxes, I don't know why you think taxes increases at any time is a good idea.

Why on earth do you guys really want to work until April to pay off the government? Why do you want to work longer?

We are becoming slaves for our politicians and that doesnt seem to bother you guys.

1. We heard the same arguments from the same GOP guys in 1993, the tax rates led to a surplus and prosperity. (They worked well, didn't kill jobs, call it a lie or GOP scare tactic)
2. We want spending cut wayyy back to $2trillion or so, its the two wars that really are expensive. Stop the wars, stop foreign aid, eliminate tax loopholes, eliminate subsidies, and government spending is much lower

Wait for Rush's show tomorrow. If he bashes the Senator, get ready for another change. Obama won't do it though. He will make the far righties toe the fiscal line or break it, then he will campaign on it big time. BHO is as crafty as WJC.

1. We heard the same arguments from the same GOP guys in 1993, the tax rates led to a surplus and prosperity. (They worked well, didn't kill jobs, call it a lie or GOP scare tactic)
2. We want spending cut wayyy back to $2trillion or so, its the two wars that really are expensive. Stop the wars, stop foreign aid, eliminate tax loopholes, eliminate subsidies, and government spending is much lower

The tax rates didnt lead to a surplus or prosperity. First, there was no surplus. It was a 10 year projected surplus. IE it never occured because it was based on faulty analysis.

Nor was the 90s as prosperous as people though. There is a reason that 2001 had alot of people being exposed and convicted of gaming books.

And I completely agree with cutting spending to $2 Trillion or so. The 2000 or 2001 budgets were lower than what our current revenues are. I highly doubt going back to those levels is going to seriously disable the governments ability to function. We would have a balanced budget immediately and would be making payments on the debt.

Any surplus should be used to pay down the debt faster. We eliminate our debt and we will have a prosperous and free nation for us and our posterity.

Oh and eliminating tax deductions/exemptions really doesn't affect spending. Solely revenues.

Forum List

Back