McConnell’s Floor Flip-Flop Could Cost GOP dearly

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Well? Which is it? Up or down? For or against? Yes or no? :doubt:

McConnell

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was for a vote to grant the president power to hike the debt limit before he was against it.

Within a matter of hours on Thursday, the Republican leader was furiously backpedaling from his own move to force a vote on President Obama’s request for unlimited future borrowing authority. McConnell demanded such a vote in the morning, but by afternoon Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., had called his counterpart’s bluff and pressed for an up-or-down vote himself.

“I object,” said McConnell, R-Ky.

A republican who compromises with democrats will be replaced by a republican who won't. Unless fraud has become so endemic to the system, a weak-kneed republican will be replaced.

McConnell is one of the weakest links in the GOP chain. It is far past time for the GOP to stop looking for scapegoats outside the walls and start taking out the trash.

Some trash has already self-deported. Tea Party leaders Palin and DeMint gave the finger to their voters and took big bribes, quitting the jobs the People gave them.

McConnell should be next.

Last edited:
McConnell is one of the weakest links in the GOP chain. It is far past time for the GOP to stop looking for scapegoats outside the walls and start taking out the trash.

Some trash has already self-deported. Tea Party leaders Palin and DeMint gave the finger to their voters and allowed themselves to be bribed to quit the jobs the People gave them.

McConnell should be next.

Why stop there? Personally, I'd like to see a whole lot more Senators and Congressman voluntarily leave. A "citizen politician" is far more desirable than a "permanent politician". Citizen politicians serve a few years, then go back to the private sector- they don't make it a "career". Permanent politicians who are in a perpetual campaign mode are one of the reasons we have such a dysfunctional government......

A republican who compromises with democrats will be replaced by a republican who won't. Unless fraud has become so endemic to the system, a weak-kneed republican will be replaced.

A republican who obstructs doesn't matter much these days because he/she will be replaced at the ballot-box by Americans. A Republican who compromises with democrats nowdays will be rewarded with a job well done... and probably be re-elected.

Can McConnell possibly embarass his party any further?

Agreed, I'm ready to pay higher taxes and have actual spending cuts. The cliff is taking all the politicing and posturing out of the equation, and dealing with the actual problem we have. Yes, it'll hurt, but the solution is a tough one that we all need to bare, not just one group of people. If only the rich were affected, we still would have a trillion dollar deficit next year.

Agreed, I'm ready to pay higher taxes and have actual spending cuts. The cliff is taking all the politicing and posturing out of the equation, and dealing with the actual problem we have. Yes, it'll hurt, but the solution is a tough one that we all need to bare, not just one group of people. If only the rich were affected, we still would have a trillion dollar deficit next year.

Stop the presses....I actually agree with Meister

Raise everyones taxes. Cut spending across the board

Make Americans actually sacrifice for ten years to get our financial house in order

ready to pay higher taxes

Are you a member of the 2%?

Make Americans actually sacrifice for ten years to get our financial house in order

Really? I just started getting my financial house back in order from the recession ass whipping I took in real estate and investments. Not counting flat income.

How come I need to pay or sacrifice more? Let the fuking ultra rich pay more, a lot more.
If 4% won't do a thing to help, then try 10%. Why should I care?

I don't give a rats ass. They have benefitted extremely well over the past 10 years as evidenced by the amount of wealth and income the ultra wealthy now have. Along with the best tax treatment in decades.

Don't care if they pay more. My business is not serving the ultra wealthy. I do business with middle and lower middle class people. If these classes of people are needing to pay more, we are fuked. They don't have it to pay.

And when I hear that "class warfare" shit. I laugh. You think ultra rich people can't count.
2% vs 98%. Dems some bad odds.

I do agree that the income amonut designated for tax increase should start at a million a year. Not 250k.

But all and all, I would say I don't agree with your sentiment.

Harry Reid just handed Mitch McConnell a shit sandwich and made him eat it on the Senate floor

You can't make this stuff up

Really? I just started getting my financial house back in order from the recession ass whipping I took in real estate and investments. Not counting flat income.

How come I need to pay or sacrifice more? Let the fuking ultra rich pay more, a lot more.

I don't give a rats ass. They have benefitted extremely well over the past 10 years as evidenced by the amount of wealth and income the ultra wealthy now have. Along with the best tax treatment in decades.

Don't care if they pay more. My business is not serving the ultra wealthy. I do business with middle and lower middle class people. If these classes of people are needing to pay more, we are fuked. They don't have it to pay.

And when I hear that "class warfare" shit. I laugh. You think ultra rich people can't count.

I do agree that the income amonut designated for tax increase should start at a million a year. Not 250k.

Not too bright, are you? You could take all the wealth from the rich and it wouldn't make much of a difference with the deficit or the debt. The 2% isn't going to get the job done, it's going to take 98% of us to make the difference.
We're all in this together...not just the 2%.....it's going to hurt, but this country will be better in the end. I'm sure you really don't want your children and your children's children to have to try and reel us from the debt our generation caused do you? I didn't think so

ready to pay higher taxes

Are you a member of the 2%?

Absolutely not....I'm just like you....but I do recognize the problem and understand that 2% of this nation isn't going to get the job done....and I haven't been spoon fed into thinking that the problem is with the 2% and not the rest of us, we all got a tax break, it's time to end all of them, as long as there are deep spending cuts.

:thup:

Why not make the people who actually caused this clusterfuck pay, let's cut congressional pay by 40% and fucking keep it there til they balance the budget.

:lol::lol: so your stupid ass is in the 250K and you don't want to pay your fair share? we got it dumbass. tax the other guy, don't taxe me.. poor old porous demoncraps.

:thup:

yup - I'm on board with this too

Forum List

Back