McConnell: Will Dems Just Play Partisan Politics? I call Shenanigans.

Sen. Mitch McConnell: Will Dems work with us, or simply put partisan politics ahead of the country?

Okay, I'm officially calling Shenanigans. This is the last straw. Of all people to claim the other party would play partisan politics ahead of the country when he knows damn well.....

I demand to know: Is this all just a game, an act, like Professional Wrestling? Are we REALLY supposed to take ANYTHING a politician, politico, pundit or partisan says seriously? Do wingers from both ends have secret meetings where they all get together and drink and laugh and plan out their stupid little hypocritical games together? Do left wingers and right wingers all get trained at the same winger school, where they learn how to say the most transparent, dishonest bullshit with a straight face? And DO YOU HAVE A SECRET HANDSHAKE?

I DEMAND TO KNOW RIGHT NOW AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH

McConnell is a lifetime swamp creature, not unlike Pelosi or any of the other assholes running our nation.

The longer they're in there, the more naturally the game comes to them.

TERM LIMITS or bust

Never more needed than NOW.

Sen. Mitch McConnell: Will Dems work with us, or simply put partisan politics ahead of the country?

Okay, I'm officially calling Shenanigans. This is the last straw. Of all people to claim the other party would play partisan politics ahead of the country when he knows damn well.....

I demand to know: Is this all just a game, an act, like Professional Wrestling? Are we REALLY supposed to take ANYTHING a politician, politico, pundit or partisan says seriously? Do wingers from both ends have secret meetings where they all get together and drink and laugh and plan out their stupid little hypocritical games together? Do left wingers and right wingers all get trained at the same winger school, where they learn how to say the most transparent, dishonest bullshit with a straight face? And DO YOU HAVE A SECRET HANDSHAKE?

Hypocrisy is the one of the few things both parties have in common the names and faces may change but the bullshit stays the same.

And they get awfully touchy when it's pointed out.

:laugh:

Understandable. It makes them angry to be compared to any degree with those they hate so much.

Too bad.

Struck a nerve on both ends again. Gawd, this place is great.

Come on, tell me: Do you guys have a secret handshake? Just that.

Secret Handshake:

YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE SECRET HANDSHAKE!!!

As for the right accusing the left of being like them, well of course it will happen unless Pelosi does what she does usually and tell her side to sit down, shut up and sniff some coke I mean drink a coke...

Merrick Garland.

Merrick Garland.

Partisans were this way long before Garland.

Merrick Garland.

No they weren't.
There was an unwritten agreement respecting the right of a sitting President to fill court seats

First, McConnell filibustered court appointments to keep Obama from filling them
Then he dropped the bomb with Garland and refused to even consider him

Merrick Garland.

No they weren't.
There was an unwritten agreement respecting the right of a sitting President to fill court seats

First, McConnell filibustered court appointments to keep Obama from filling them

That's one specific case. I'm talking about behaviors on a macro level.

This madness didn't begin with McConnell and Garland.

Merrick Garland.

No they weren't.

It went back to McConnell filibustering all Obama court appointments

When it became obvious that the Supreme Court would turn liberal, McConnell refused to even consider it

He changed the rules of the game forever

Merrick Garland.

No they weren't.

When it became obvious that the Supreme Court would turn liberal, McConnell refused to even consider it

Holy crap. I'm not just talking about McConnell.

Okay. Never mind.

Merrick Garland.
No they weren't.

Okay. Never mind.
Splain

You did it again, Mac. Well done!

You took a clearly disingenuous statement from one side of the aisle and immediately ascribed it to both sides of the aisle.

Naturally, you couldn’t focus on McConnell after he says something so hypocritical. That would have made you appear to be a winger in the eyes of our resident RW freaks. Can’t have that.
Getting along is way overrated

Merrick Garland.

No they weren't.

I think it's funny that you and Ted are engaging in exactly the kind of hypocrisy that's being talked about here.

No they weren't.

Okay. Never mind.
Splain
Read the OP. McConnell went after the Dems for a behavior he himself has committed.

The point is politicians, partisans, politicos and pundits all suffer from this myopia that stops them from seeing their own actions.

I'm merely using this one comment to make a point about partisan political behavior on a macro scale.

Merrick Garland.

No they weren't.

I think it's funny that you and Ted are engaging in exactly the kind of hypocrisy that's being talked about here.

Give me an example and we can talk

Forum List

Back