McConnell Cannot Block Witnesses - Just Announced

Looking all the tRumplings who are suddenly all about witnesses.

Well......we Republicans always look for a silver lining, unlike Democrats who constantly see doom and gloom everywhere.

Obama didn't see doom and gloom. Don't forget, he was all about
'Hope and Change' and things did get better with him as prez.

And things aren't better in this country under Trump? Trump is scoring points all the time with people, it's just a shame the MSM is so bias in scant reporting of them. Just yesterday. the SC ruled that Trump's green card policy can be put in place. It prohibits people applying for green cards from getting in and ending up on our welfare programs. You want to come here for work, school, whatever, you need to demonstrate you can financially take care of yourself and perhaps your family. Lord knows how many billions he saved us right there.

The only way you can get an over 50% rating from rump is to cherry pick. Rump has as many negative ratings as positive ratings now when they get broken down. And they get more negative as the days pass. But I will give him the overall economy one. But with the kick start he had when he entered office, almost any president would have a higher than 50% rating.

If Moscow Mitch could block witnesses, did that make Trump supporters think Bolton's claims would just go away? Voters in the next election will know what Bolton says whether it is said as a witness in the senate or not.
I have a tough time believing any of this matters to voters at this point. Trump is the most polarizing President in the history of historical histories, and I suspect people's minds are made up.
The key will be independent voters. Will they hold Republicans accountable for a cover up?

Will they hold democrats accountable for a kangaroo court?

I think there is a lot more to be held accountable than that. And your "Hey, Look Over There" works less and less every day. Remember, when the Public Opinion for Nixon changed to 56% wanting him gone, the House was ready to impeach and Nixon resigned. Right now, Rump is sitting at 51% of the general population wanting him removed. A few months ago, that rating was 45% and it's just gets worse. When it hits 56% will Rump have the dignity of Nixon and resign? No, he's not equal to a pimple on Nixon's ass.

Maybe back then polls were not so biased. We all seen how accurate polls are. They usually favor the Democrat until we near the elections, and all of a sudden that huge lead shrinks to almost nothing.

Polls cannot be trusted, and impeachment, removal from office, or retiring should not happen because of what polls say.

No more witnesses are needed here. But, I have to admit seeing Hunter, Joe and the Whistleblower have to testify under cross examination will be block buster TV.
Witnesses need to be actual witnesses.
None of those people witnessed anything regarding impeachment charges.
dio4oyzspld41.jpg

Looking all the tRumplings who are suddenly all about witnesses.

Well......we Republicans always look for a silver lining, unlike Democrats who constantly see doom and gloom everywhere.

Obama didn't see doom and gloom. Don't forget, he was all about
'Hope and Change' and things did get better with him as prez.

And things aren't better in this country under Trump? Trump is scoring points all the time with people, it's just a shame the MSM is so bias in scant reporting of them. Just yesterday. the SC ruled that Trump's green card policy can be put in place. It prohibits people applying for green cards from getting in and ending up on our welfare programs. You want to come here for work, school, whatever, you need to demonstrate you can financially take care of yourself and perhaps your family. Lord knows how many billions he saved us right there.

The only way you can get an over 50% rating from rump is to cherry pick. Rump has as many negative ratings as positive ratings now when they get broken down. And they get more negative as the days pass. But I will give him the overall economy one. But with the kick start he had when he entered office, almost any president would have a higher than 50% rating.

And what would you suppose the reason it's not?

Anti-Trump Media? 92% Of Coverage Of His Presidency Is Negative: Study | Investor's Business Daily

No more witnesses are needed here. But, I have to admit seeing Hunter, Joe and the Whistleblower have to testify under cross examination will be block buster TV.
dio4oyzspld41.jpg

We will all be the judge of that after cross examination. I am pretty sure Hunter and Joe will demand to take the stand in order to clear their good names.

You are not a republican if you think democrats need more witnesses
If blind unconditional support for Trump is the only thing that defines a republican then the republican party is royally screwed.

I would enjoy going back and seeing how much of Obama's DNA was dripping off of your chin.
Since you are new I will excuse your ignorance.
He’s ignorant? Lol who did you vote for

By saying that witnesses will simply be allowed. McConnell is not going to hold a vote that he will lose. Looks bad for all of them instead of just bad for Trump.

Sure there is going to a vote on whether or not to call witnesses. It's in the Impeachment Trial rules McConnell pushed through on a party-line vote.

The only thing, assuming the vote count doesn't change until then, is whether or not McConnell will get behind the majority calling for witnesses or not.
If that's so then McConnell fucked up very badly.

He's been F^^^ing up badly for quite some time. It's just now caught up with him in the Senate and his home state. He had no choice hitch his wagon the Rumps. He is so unpopular in Kentucky that he's had to do something. In Kentucky, Rump is very very popular. Even the leading Democrat says nice things about Rump so Moscow Mitch can't use that to get reelected. He's a goner. I guess he always can go back to being on the board of directors to the Russian backed Aluminum Plant in Kentucky so all is not lost. And here you thought it was his support for Russia or Putin in Washington where he earned that name. Nope, it comes out of constituents inside Kentucky over his private business dealings with Russian Oligarchs.

dio4oyzspld41.jpg

We will all be the judge of that after cross examination. I am pretty sure Hunter and Joe will demand to take the stand in order to clear their good names.
Its already been investigated and cleared.
Even if they weren't, its completely irrelevant to the current impeachment proceedings.

McConnell says he doesn't have the votes.

Three Democrat presidential candidates may be neutered. :10:

LOL, TRUMP wanted witnesses all along. Republicans are already on record as saying if Bolton testifies then TRUMP's defense can call Hunter. And Now Republicans are saying if Bolton testifies TRUMP's defense should be able to call more the one witness.

The way I see it is Bolton is smart enough to play both sides without providing a "smoking gun".

And there's a 100% chance Hunter will lie about something under oath and complicate things for Biden and the democrats who will have to try and defend the Biden's.

dio4oyzspld41.jpg

Its already been investigated and cleared.
Even if they weren't, its completely irrelevant to the current impeachment proceedings.

They will easily have the 51 votes to bring them in. What do you care? It should help the Dem's case if you are right.

In for a penny, in for a pound. Open the floodgates and call ALL the witnesses, especially the ones the democrats want kept hidden. Find out what Schiff did with the WB. Find out if Biden used his influence to get his kids those jobs. Don't let the democrats control the witness list. If they want witnesses, give it to them.
They'll all plead the 5th...This is a total sandbag job.

Beside that, Romney doesn't want his connections to Barisma to come out....Little doubt in my mind he's being blackmailed to go along with the demoslime.

President Trump’s past comments slamming those who plead the Fifth Amendment quickly resurfaced Wednesday after Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen said he would assert his Fifth Amendment rights in Stormy Daniels’s lawsuit filed against him and Trump.

“The mob takes the Fifth,” Trump said at one campaign rally in September 2017. “If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

He was largely targeting former staffers for Hillary Clinton who pleaded the Fifth during the investigation into her use of a private email server while she was secretary of State.

LiNK: Trump comments on Fifth Amendment resurface after Cohen filing
That and $6 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

There will never be 67 votes to remove. Witnesses are a waste of time here. But, I am willing to make the sacrifice of watching Joe Biden under cross examination as a civic obligation.

There will never be 67 votes to remove. Witnesses are a waste of time here. But, I am willing to make the sacrifice of watching Joe Biden under cross examination as a civic obligation.

Makes me wonder if the Democrats are saying to each other "Witnesses? We really didn't want any witnesses! What are we going to do now? They took us seriously!"

If Moscow Mitch could block witnesses, did that make Trump supporters think Bolton's claims would just go away? Voters in the next election will know what Bolton says whether it is said as a witness in the senate or not.
I have a tough time believing any of this matters to voters at this point. Trump is the most polarizing President in the history of historical histories, and I suspect people's minds are made up.
The key will be independent voters. Will they hold Republicans accountable for a cover up?

Will they hold democrats accountable for a kangaroo court?

I think there is a lot more to be held accountable than that. And your "Hey, Look Over There" works less and less every day. Remember, when the Public Opinion for Nixon changed to 56% wanting him gone, the House was ready to impeach and Nixon resigned. Right now, Rump is sitting at 51% of the general population wanting him removed. A few months ago, that rating was 45% and it's just gets worse. When it hits 56% will Rump have the dignity of Nixon and resign? No, he's not equal to a pimple on Nixon's ass.

Maybe back then polls were not so biased. We all seen how accurate polls are. They usually favor the Democrat until we near the elections, and all of a sudden that huge lead shrinks to almost nothing.

Polls cannot be trusted, and impeachment, removal from office, or retiring should not happen because of what polls say.

Just reporting History. Nothing more. I can't change it. It's already happened. So we take it for what it's worth regardless. The fact is, the polls have changed dramatically against Rump in the last few months. And a hand full of Senators have noticed to the point where Moscow Mitch doesn't have nearly the absolute control he had only a few months ago. All Rump has done is do what Rump does. I don't expect anything else from him. But the Senate has been a disaster for a very long time. They have forgotten that they are an equal to the President in every way and have allowed the President to completely take them over. All Rump has done is what rump will do. The Senate is in the process of learning that they shouldn't have thrown away their power.

As for impeachment, removal from office or retiring, that really IS up to the public. Rump just believes that it isn't and he works for Rump and not us. The Senate forgot that as well. What is going on right now is, we are reminding the Senate. Rump being Rump, it does little good to try and "Remind" him. He's going to do what Rump does regardless. I think when all this tempers down, the Senate will censure Rump and it ends. Of course, that will completely end Rumps career but it's pretty well ended now no matter what you say because it's not what you say. It's because Rump will do what Rump will do.

You know, when this first started, Republicans were a united front in their support of Trump. Now? There have been people peeling off in their support, and Trump might not be sitting as good as he thinks.

I'm guessing that they are voting for witnesses so that the evidence can be presented. If it's damning enough, then Republicans will abandon Trump and he will be removed. Lots of Republicans don't like Trump, but they are scared of what they think he might be able to do to them politically.

If you followed the Nixon time, The House didn't have even enough votes to even say a sparse word against Nixon. But as time went by, the General Public Opinion turned sour on what was once the most Popular President ever in Office short of FDR and JFK. When it reached 56%, they had no choice. They were ready to vote for impeachment. Nixon saw it and resigned instead knowing he would be impeached. The funny part is, in the Senate (history shows) there wasn't enough support for removal of office. It's tough to impeach and remove a President because it's so dramatic and harmful to the Nation Nixon did what he thought was best for the Nation.

Nixon was a slime but no one has ever accused him of being stupid. He was a brilliant politician and statesman and he knew where things were going. I also think he also quit because the stress was literally killing him.

We had a classified briefing in the Military for NCOs and Officers during those strange 3 days. It was decided by the Joint Chiefs to do a sit down until things were ironed out. A Sitdown means we won't go to war during that time until it's resolved. The training continues, the defense continues but just no new wars. I think this was another reason Nixon pulled the plug. Nixon really wasn't a threat during that time but you don't take any bets. Nixon knew he was on the ragged edge of sanity. And being as smart as he was, he did the right thing. Rump, on the other hand, I can't say as much. Be happy that the Military is run by a bunch of Doves instead of war loving hawks. We may get to see some sort of showdown in the last 2 or 3 months of this year and the beginning of next year.
Please don't make me think about the contentious shitshow that must exist between the White House and the pentagon. I'd rather think about it after we live through it.

What claims.....that Trump did release the money? That he gave more money than originally planned? That he gave actual weapons, and not just the obama blankets? That there was no investigation?

Do you need a kleenex for your Trump Impeachment Orgasm?

McConnell says he doesn't have the votes.

Three Democrat presidential candidates may be neutered. :10:

LOL, TRUMP wanted witnesses all along. Republicans are already on record as saying if Bolton testifies then TRUMP's defense can call Hunter. And Now Republicans are saying if Bolton testifies TRUMP's defense should be able to call more the one witness.

The way I see it is Bolton is smart enough to play both sides without providing a "smoking gun".

And there's a 100% chance Hunter will lie about something under oath and complicate things for Biden and the democrats who will have to try and defend the Biden's.

The first thing that the Rump Defense Council will have to do is to prove that the Bidens had anything to do with Rumps decision to attempt the illegal withholding of the funds, hiding it from congress and a few other little tidbits. The one part about obstruction can be thrown out but that last impeachment tidbit can't. And any and all actions by the bidens, obamas, tooth fairy or any other person or persons has nothing to do with those charges. No defense will be necessary since the Bidens are not part of the Impeachment.

Forum List

Back