McChrystal Is Untouchable...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Don't buy into this President's Peacock strut on this one. It's all show. He can't fire McChrystal and he knows it. McChrystal is not only the best man for the job but he also knows too much. If he's fired he will then be free to openly & publicly discuss this Administration's shocking incompetence. They're not going to allow that to happen. It's all just a Peacock strut in the end. McChrystal will come out of this just fine. That's my prediction. You heard it here first.

I would actually call McChrystal a Whistle Blower Hero. That's my opinion anyway.

Little quick on the Move trigger no? I'm a little disappointed with this decision to move this post. :(

i did not make this move, another mod could have, but DO NOT question a Mod's action on the board! send a pm or report the post, if you have concerns! care

I've been thinking the same thing.
It;s one thing to (quit) retire.
But to be fired, wouldn't he have to go through Court Marshall proceedings?

Any General over the rank of 2 stars service at the Presidents pleasure. 2 Star is the last permanent rank all 3 and 4 stars are billet specific.

Any General over the rank of 2 stars service at the Presidents pleasure. 2 Star is the last permanent rank all 3 and 4 stars are billet specific.

Having his commission pulled dawned on me after I posted. :redface:
You can tell I was just a lowly E2 :D

Don't buy into this President's Peacock strut on this one. It's all show. He can't fire McChrystal and he knows it. McChrystal is not only the best man for the job but he also knows too much. If he's fired he will then be free to openly & publicly discuss this Administration's shocking incompetence. They're not going to allow that to happen. It's all just a Peacock strut in the end. McChrystal will come out of this just fine. That's my prediction. You heard it here first.

I bet you would have thought that MacArthur was untouchable too!:razz:

If there's nothing that can be done to him, why would he apologize? We'll see what happens and leave the spin to the hate squad which McChrystal is obviously a part of.

The Community Organizer will end up bowing to the great & honorable General in the end. He wont fire McChrystal. The man is too valuable and even the Community Organizer understands this. We'll see though.

I'm betting on a whole lot of bluster but no firing. McChrystal knows too much. He could make so much more trouble for this Administration. The Community Organizer will back down to the General in the end.

I'm betting on a whole lot of bluster but no firing. McChrystal knows too much. He could make so much more trouble for this Administration. The Community Organizer will back down to the General in the end.

you lose.

in the future, you probably should refrain from betting on subjects that you don't know jack shit about. :lol:

Last edited:
If true,it's a real shame. We lost a real American Hero. He is a true Whistle Blower Hero. We should be thanking the man. :(

McChrystal thinks as so many Americans do that life is about him and his opinions, that he is so high in the military surprises me immensely. Narcissism is a common aliment, weird that even a soldier swore to duty suffers so badly from it. Fire him.

He has not been fired.

:razz:

here's another little tidbit.... rarely, if ever, are flag officers publicly "fired". They are, in almost every instance, asked to submit their resignation, and, oddly enough, they do... right on cue. Admiral DIck Macke, former CINCPAC, is a prime example.

He resigned as it should be. That was a given as soon as this was released and he knew it. You CANNOT bad mouth the president in public forum as a general. That is not only bad form but contrary to what it means to be military.

Forum List

Back