McCaskill Asks Missouri Crowd

I doubt it. While not the brightest star I think it's a bit hearly to start decorating a challenger's office just yet.

I mean, shit.. This is the show me state. what ELSE did you expect Missourians to say to a loaded question?

McCaskill Asks Missouri Crowd: "You Don't Trust Me?" ...Crowd Answers: "No!" (Video) Gateway Pundit: McCaskill Asks Missouri Crowd: "You Don't Trust Me?" ...Crowd Answers: "No!" (Video) She is one and done in Missouri:clap2:

Doubtful. McCaskill has done a good job thus far, and the Missouri GOP is still reeling from the havoc Matt Blunt caused.

Her only real contender is Peter Kinder, and he is far from optimal.

She is a Obama kook did her best to get the VP gig and is done in 2012 just hide and watch.

McCaskill Asks Missouri Crowd: "You Don't Trust Me?" ...Crowd Answers: "No!" (Video) Gateway Pundit: McCaskill Asks Missouri Crowd: "You Don't Trust Me?" ...Crowd Answers: "No!" (Video) She is one and done in Missouri:clap2:

Doubtful. McCaskill has done a good job thus far, and the Missouri GOP is still reeling from the havoc Matt Blunt caused.

She is a Obama kook did her best to get the VP gig and is done in 2012 just hide and watch.

What the fuck are you talking about? McCaskill didn't have the bona fides in 2008 to be V.P. She was smart enough to endorse Obama early on, and now she's got more clout for her district than she would have had otherwise.

Considering Missouri's long history of retaining Senators (i.e. Kit Bond who has done little of note during his 20+ years in the Senate), I wouldn't be so sure.

Like I said, the Missouri GOP is a wreck now. McCaskill's only real opponent is Peter Kinder, and he's far from optimal. I suppose Jo Anne Emerson might try and run, but I doubt that will happen.

What the fuck are you talking about? McCaskill didn't have the bona fides in 2008 to be V.P. She was smart enough to endorse Obama early on, and now she's got more clout for her district than she would have had otherwise.

Considering Missouri's long history of retaining Senators (i.e. Kit Bond who has done little of note during his 20+ years in the Senate), I wouldn't be so sure.

Like I said, the Missouri GOP is a wreck now. McCaskill's only real opponent is Peter Kinder, and he's far from optimal. I suppose Jo Anne Emerson might try and run, but I doubt that will happen.

You might take a look at the field of Republicans that are running for Bonds seat in 1010 kook :cuckoo: and she did make a run for the VP spot. That's common knowledge for most.

You might take a look at the field of Republicans that are running for Bonds seat in 1010 kook :cuckoo: and she did make a run for the VP spot. That's common knowledge for most.

You don't "run" for the VP slot. Apparently your common knowledge is not so common.

Not knowing the use of the word RUN in this form shows your ignorance.

LMAO.

Backpeddle, backpeddle, backpeddle.

It's been a long damn time before anyone "ran" for the office of VP. If anyone here is ignorant, it's you. You used the wrong term.

It's okay, we all know you aren't so hot when not regurgitating talk radio talking points.

I doubt it. While not the brightest star I think it's a bit hearly to start decorating a challenger's office just yet.

I mean, shit.. This is the show me state. what ELSE did you expect Missourians to say to a loaded question?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Personally, I am more impressed with McCaskill now than ever before.

I have been very proud of the image of Missouri portrayed in the coverage of her town hall meetings in the national news. That image is in no small part due to her handling of a difficult situation in a positive and professional manner.

Also her willingness to listen to the outpouring of opposition to health care in town hall meetings in predominantly Republican areas like Springfield and Poplar Bluff instead of Democrat strongholds like KC and St Louis impresses me.

That said, I also believe her Senatorial career is over...solely due to the opposition to this health care legislation.

If she votes YES on health care, she alienates all those who attended these town halls to express their opposition.

If she votes NO, she betrays her party and her base.

She was elected by the slimmist of margins over Jim Talent...not much more than 1% of the vote.

Her only hope is that this bill never comes up for a vote in the Senate.

Politicians are nothing if not pragmatic. I imagine plan C is looking more and more enticing by the hour.

Last edited:
See, I disagree. I think you are only considering the input of the opposition to health care rather than remembering that St Louis, Kc, Columbia and the I-70 corridor probably has MORE voters than the sum total of our rural populations. AND, consider, a great many of those rural voters will benefit DIRECTLY from UHC. It's one thing to watch fox news and hop on a bandwagon; it's a whole other beast to let your uninsured rural kids' health suffer after a layoff. Plenty of rural Missourians are on gov. assistance too.

As far as her political longevity.. I dunno... I can't say that i've really been a big fan of her since she seems like more of a face than a leader. That being said, her 08 election results were also the same year that missouri broke it's record with siding with the winning presidential nominee. I don't think that 08 will become too reflective of anything major.

Personally, I am more impressed with McCaskill now than ever before.

I have been very proud of the image of Missouri portrayed in the coverage of her town hall meetings in the national news. That image is in no small part due to her handling of a difficult situation in a positive and professional manner.

Also her willingness to listen to the outpouring of opposition to health care in town hall meetings in predominantly Republican areas like Springfield and Poplar Bluff instead of Democrat strongholds like KC and St Louis impresses me.

That said, I also believe her Senatorial career is over...solely due to the opposition to this health care legislation.

If she votes YES on health care, she alienates all those who attended these town halls to express their opposition.

If she votes NO, she betrays her party and her base.

She was elected by the slimmist of margins over Jim Talent...not much more than 1% of the vote.

Her only hope is that this bill never comes up for a vote in the Senate.

Politicians are nothing if not pragmatic. I imagine plan C is looking more and more enticing by the hour.

I am admittedly biased, but you've made some great points. McCaskill has done a pretty damned good job of playing the game, if nothing else. She is one of the few politicians who has handled the town hall mob with some grace, and she damn near swung Missouri for Obama. The fact that it was even close in SW MO shows that her insistance that Obama work for those votes was right on.

Of course, when Obama packed JFK in Springfield MO, I started to suspect he might win the election.

McCaskill might have a tough re-election, but I can't imagine who would oppose her. Talent is done. Kinder is a tough sell. Emerson might be a tough candidate if she decides to run, but I am not sure she will.

On a side note, just how many people from Missouri are on this board?

Forum List

Back