McCain's ultimate flip flop? He doesn't want to be Pres afterall??

Does McCain want to be President?

• Total voters

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
Is that what he is telling us by choosing Sarah Palin as running mate?
Is he trying to sabatoogie his own campaign?

That's how it looks to me.
:lol:

I figure McCain knows he can't handle the Presidency and would rather enjoy his final years in retirement. Who wouldn't?
He's been having fun seeing how far this bid for the presidency would go, but no way does he really want the job. Palin is his key to guaranteeing a loss in the election.

PLease vote in the poll above.

Last edited:
Oh and please bump this thread up when you vote.

Is that what he is telling us by choosing Sarah Palin as running mate?
Is he trying to sabatoogie his own campaign?

That's how it looks to me.
:lol:

I figure McCain knows he can't handle the Presidency and would rather enjoy his final years in retirement. Who wouldn't?
He's been having fun seeing how far this bid for the presidency would go, but no way does he really want the job. Palin is his key to guaranteeing a loss in the election.

PLease vote in the poll above.
You know, that's actually pretty feasible.

Wow! This is even better than I thought it would be! Three in a row! :lol:

:party:

That's too funny!!!!

I've been through this before with another idiot on another board who kept posting to me even though "I was on IGNORE".

I think for most of his years in congress and the senate Mccain has be a free lance type. He is called a maverick a term I don't really care for. He has played both sides of the aisle. He was even considered for the running mate to Kerry. Had he done that Bush more than likely would not have won his second term. McCain would now be looking not at a run for the White House but a second term as VP.

Now in a run for the White House he has had to buy into the hard line Republican message. He is not that person. Sarah Palin is a hard line red state Republican. She is supposed to grab the hard line voters. I think this has cost him more of the center which in this tight a race he could hardly afford to lose. I really think he listened to the Bush talking heads and fell for a candidate that the American voters will see through. She may have some experience but do they really want her a heart beat away from the big chair when the holder would be a 72 year old man. Not likely.

He has sacrificed his run for the hard line view of things. Had he just stayed John McCain and picked who he really wanted things may have gone better. Though I don't care for his other options from those that ran against him there were some fine Republicans that he could have hoped for. One such person would have been Chuck Hagal R Nebraska. He would have appealed to the center. The hard line right might have said no, but what other choice did they have. They surely would not have voted for Obama.
They would have gone to McCain anyway. He sold himself out to poor stratagy and will not see the White House from the inside.

I tried to watch tonight, well, I watched while talking on the phone with my fiancee. We both agreed McCain should have been on last night, and ended with Palin tonight. It seemed like a let down almost for the crowd, they didn't seem as fired up.

I liken this convention to a party at the VFW, while the Dem Convention was like a Super Bowl.

I tried to watch tonight, well, I watched while talking on the phone with my fiancee. We both agreed McCain should have been on last night, and ended with Palin tonight. It seemed like a let down almost for the crowd, they didn't seem as fired up.

I liken this convention to a party at the VFW, while the Dem Convention was like a Super Bowl.

Interesting, since Sarah Palin, who's running for VICE President, had only 1.1 million viewers less than the messiah himself.

I'm interested to see where McCain's numbers will land.

Interesting, since Sarah Palin, who's running for VICE President, had only 1.1 million viewers less than the messiah himself.

I'm interested to see where McCain's numbers will land.

Well, since the polling is done on LAND LINES, and not on cell phones, a lot of the people polled are older.

Hmmmm, Republicans skewering old?

Nahhhh, that's just crazy talk!

Well, since the polling is done on LAND LINES, and not on cell phones, a lot of the people polled are older!

You're wrong. If you read the pollsters websites, you will clearly see that they DO poll cell phones IF landlines are not given. Of course, you just like the numbers and leave it at that.

You're wrong. If you read the pollsters websites, you will clearly see that they DO poll cell phones IF landlines are not given. Of course, you just like the numbers and leave it at that.

js, I don't like polling at all. I think it's a waste of time and money,,,it gets everyone in a tizzy if their man or woman is ahead a point next Tuesday than they were last Friday.

Woo Hoo, my boy's ahead of your boy today!!!!!
My life is complete now!

I was just making a comment about the land line thing,,,,,

What counts is what comes OUT of the polls November 4th.

Forum List

Back