McCain's Rev. Wright Moment?

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Just like Obama had "some splaing to do" on Rev. Wright, McCain needs to step up to the plate and explain his ties to lobbyists and deregulators:

NY Times: McCain Aide’s Firm Was Paid by Freddie Mac

One of the giant mortgage companies at the heart of the credit crisis paid $15,000 a month from the end of 2005 through last month to a firm owned by Senator John McCain’s campaign manager, according to two people with direct knowledge of the arrangement.

Link here

Wall Street Journal: It's Judgment Day for McCain

Last week, Republican presidential candidate John McCain called for a commission to "find out what went wrong" on Wall Street. It was an excellent suggestion: Public inquiries into Wall Street practices served the country well in the 1930s. And Mr. McCain has a special advantage to bring to any such investigation -- many of the relevant witnesses are friends or colleagues of his. In fact, he can probably get to the bottom of the whole mess just by cross-examining the people riding on his campaign bus. So the candidate should take a deep breath, remind himself that the country comes first, pull the Straight Talk Express over at a rest stop, whistle up his media pals, and begin.

Link here

Last edited:
I'm so frickin' sick of bumper sticker answers from politicians and their supporters I could spew.

if that is a bumperstick i want royalities.....

look at the facts then...mccain voted 95% of the time with bush...but helll so did obama....I think Obama was lower in percentage but not that much lower.
Obama is no dream candidate but neither is McCain, the point being, the only real reason political parties exist is to muddle the true issues and keep voters divided.

next...you have no clue who i support or dont support.

Just like Obama had "some splaing to do" on Rev. Wright, McCain needs to step up to plate on his ties to lobbyists deregulators:

NY Times: McCain Aide’s Firm Was Paid by Freddie Mac Link here

Wall Street Journal: It's Judgment Day for McCain Link here

I guess this makes it all better:

Mr. McCain and his advisers have argued that whatever connections Mr. Davis and other campaign officials have had to the mortgage giants, the senator has been an advocate of reforming them.

:eusa_shhh:

look at the facts then...mccain voted 95% of the time with bush...but helll so did obama....I think Obama was lower in percentage but not that much lower.
Obama is no dream candidate but neither is McCain, the point being, the only real reason political parties exist is to muddle the true issues and keep voters divided.

Quit repeating crap fed to you by talking heads. McCain and Bush don't like each other and McCain crossed the aisle and got legislation passed on major issues (Education and Campaign Finance Reform), not a show piece do nothing piece of legislation (nucs are bad) like Obama did one time. McCain voted against Bush on several major issues. But right now I'm pretty pissed at both these guys as they're both surrounded by scum sucking bottom feeders.

Last edited:

So True.

Quit repeating crap fed to you by talking heads. McCain and Bush don't like each other and McCain crossed the aisle and got legislation passed on major issues (Education and Campaign Finance Reform), not a show piece do nothing piece of legislation (nucs are bad) like Obama did one time. McCain voted against Bush on several major issues. But right now I'm pretty pissed at both these guys as they're both surrounded by scum sucking bottom feeders.

the only talking heads i know are on here...since i do not watch medica news. All media is censored and bias. Why do you begin each post with an attack?

From the McCain Campaign:

Today the New York Times launched its latest attack on this campaign in its capacity as an Obama advocacy organization. Let us be clear about what this story alleges: The New York Times charges that McCain-Palin 2008 campaign manager Rick Davis was paid by Freddie Mac until last month, contrary to previous reporting, as well as statements by this campaign and by Mr. Davis himself.
In fact, the allegation is demonstrably false. As has been previously reported, Mr. Davis separated from his consulting firm, Davis Manafort, in 2006. As has been previously reported, Mr. Davis has seen no income from Davis Manafort since 2006. Zero. Mr. Davis has received no salary or compensation since 2006. Mr. Davis has received no profit or partner distributions from that firm on any basis -- weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual -- since 2006. Again, zero. Neither has Mr. Davis received any equity in the firm based on profits derived since his financial separation from Davis Manafort in 2006.

Further, and missing from the Times' reporting, Mr. Davis has never -- never -- been a lobbyist for either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Mr. Davis has not served as a registered lobbyist since 2005.

Full story here

the only talking heads i know are on here...since i do not watch medica news. All media is censored and bias. Why do you begin each post with an attack?

What the hell is that suppose to mean? :D

Just kidding. I think if you review my posts you'll see that I don't attack much. I was just in a pissey mood this morning after reading the Times and WSJ articles on McCain.

From the McCain Campaign:

Today the New York Times launched its latest attack on this campaign in its capacity as an Obama advocacy organization. Let us be clear about what this story alleges: The New York Times charges that McCain-Palin 2008 campaign manager Rick Davis was paid by Freddie Mac until last month, contrary to previous reporting, as well as statements by this campaign and by Mr. Davis himself.
In fact, the allegation is demonstrably false. As has been previously reported, Mr. Davis separated from his consulting firm, Davis Manafort, in 2006. As has been previously reported, Mr. Davis has seen no income from Davis Manafort since 2006. Zero. Mr. Davis has received no salary or compensation since 2006. Mr. Davis has received no profit or partner distributions from that firm on any basis -- weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual -- since 2006. Again, zero. Neither has Mr. Davis received any equity in the firm based on profits derived since his financial separation from Davis Manafort in 2006.

Further, and missing from the Times' reporting, Mr. Davis has never -- never -- been a lobbyist for either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Mr. Davis has not served as a registered lobbyist since 2005.

Full story here

more lies from the McCain camp! Davis' lobbying firm was paid $15,000 a MONTH until last month by Freddie mac to act as a consultant. There's no record of what work they performed by his firm was STILL on the Freddie Mac payroll!

Source: Freddie Mac paid McCain aide's firm - Yahoo! News

Almost up until the time it was taken over by the government in the nation's financial crisis, one of two housing giants paid $15,000 a month to the lobbying firm of John McCain's campaign manager, a person familiar with the financial arrangement says.

what is most ironic is that McCain tried to tie Obama to Fannie Mae with the slimmest connection possible.

The people are waking up to the lies of McCain/Palin.

Forum List

Back