McCain's research on Mittens found

I don't see anything in there which hasn't already been used against him in this go-round.

And Obama certainly isn't going to use something like Romney's pro-choice history against him like it was a bad thing!

ETA: But then again, who expected Newt Gingrich would take the marxist route and attack venture capitalism?

It's a strange, strange world.

Last edited:
At a glance, it's fairly comprehensive, but consists mainly of already widely-reported stories. It also has lots of potentially derogatory information about surrogates from the 2008 campaign, which presumably is fairly irrelevant now.

Actually, as I read through this there's some pretty embarrassing stuff from his Bain days that hasn't really been aired yet:

There are quotes that make him seem arrogant and insensitive to laid-off workers:

- 'I won the lottery. I got into something called venturecapital just when the stock market went from, I don’t know, a couple thousand to almost 10,000. I was absolutelyin the right place at the right time.’

- Romney describes himself as a “business legend” in his campaign ads and once said of himself: “I’m basicallyin the investor’s Hall of Fame.”

and there's some politically embarrassing stuff, though without any evidence of genuine wrongdoing:

-“A Needham clinical laboratory [whose parent company had Romney on its board of directors] agreed yesterday to pay $119million in criminal and civil fines after pleading guilty to charges that it defrauded the nation’s Medicare system byseeking reimbursements on millions of dollars worth of unnecessary blood tests. … Damon Clinical LaboratoriesInc. admitted it tried to boost its profits by submitting the unnecessary tests. The company, the government said,misled doctors into ordering the tests, ensuring that they would be covered by Medicare, the federal health careprogram for the elderly.”

- Through his profit-sharing at Bain, Romney was indirectly taking considerable Iranian oil money in 2004. This after he had called for economic divestment from Iran.

While none of this stuff was secret, much of it seems like it would fit fairly well into attack ads and the like.

I don't see anything in there which hasn't already been used against him in this go-round.

And Obama certainly isn't going to use something like Romney's pro-choice history against him like it was a bad thing!

ETA: But then again, who expected Newt Gingrich would take the marxist route and attack venture capitalism?

It's a strange, strange world.

NOt really. I think people have had enough of the Vulture Capitalists.

Just because you aren't out taking a dump in a park doesn't mean you approve of the corruption on Wall Street.

Actually, as I read through this there's some pretty embarrassing stuff from his Bain days that hasn't really been aired yet:

There are quotes that make him seem arrogant and insensitive to laid-off workers:

- 'I won the lottery. I got into something called venturecapital just when the stock market went from, I don’t know, a couple thousand to almost 10,000. I was absolutelyin the right place at the right time.’

- Romney describes himself as a “business legend” in his campaign ads and once said of himself: “I’m basicallyin the investor’s Hall of Fame.”

and there's some politically embarrassing stuff, though without any evidence of genuine wrongdoing:

-“A Needham clinical laboratory [whose parent company had Romney on its board of directors] agreed yesterday to pay $119million in criminal and civil fines after pleading guilty to charges that it defrauded the nation’s Medicare system byseeking reimbursements on millions of dollars worth of unnecessary blood tests. … Damon Clinical LaboratoriesInc. admitted it tried to boost its profits by submitting the unnecessary tests. The company, the government said,misled doctors into ordering the tests, ensuring that they would be covered by Medicare, the federal health careprogram for the elderly.”

- Through his profit-sharing at Bain, Romney was indirectly taking considerable Iranian oil money in 2004. This after he had called for economic divestment from Iran.

While none of this stuff was secret, much of it seems like it would fit fairly well into attack ads and the like.

YOu know what annoys the hell out of me. I've been talking about this stuff for FIVE YEARS now.

Damon Medical is old news.

Obama is just kicking back with his feet up on the desk. The work has been done for him...

Yeah right..over 50% says they can't stand him..so he should kick right on back till they kick him out..

Obama is just kicking back with his feet up on the desk. The work has been done for him...

Yeah right..over 50% says they can't stand him..so he should kick right on back till they kick him out..

If we could just get the bastard to work, would be an improvement.

I would almost pay for him to stay on vacation till the elections. so tired of hearing that whine of his. Republicans are blocking him from his Greatness..waa waaa

Last edited:

Not sure where you get that figure. Most people like him as a person, just don't approve of the job he's doing.

And it like the joke about the two campers who are running from a bear. I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you.

He just has to be more likable than Romney.

No they haven't. This president still enjoys a VERY high "likability" rating. His approval rating isn't as high as it has been, but it's also not as low as it has been.

I think you might be mishearing numbers from one of your right wing talking heads. The latest poll said that 50% of the people voting FOR Romney are actually just voting against President Obama. Nobody likes Romney.

Not sure where you get that figure. Most people like him as a person, just don't approve of the job he's doing.

And it like the joke about the two campers who are running from a bear. I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you.

personally..I don't find anything likable about the man..he's like a petulant child that needs to grow up.

personally..I don't find anything likable about the man..he's like a petulant child that needs to grow up.

Perhaps. But compared to a Mitt Romney who made his fortune screwing working folks and acts like the rest of us are peasents, he's still more likable.

That's just YOUR Obama Derangement Syndrome showing...

You will need to work on that. drum up support for the phrase.

It hasnt been picked up by MSM, given enough time you might even get an original idea.

call it whatever you want...

call it whatever you want...

I think there's an argument to be made.

Conservatives are willing to support a liberal.

Evangelicals are willing to support a Mormon heretic.

Because they all just hate Obama so much, they just want to beat him, they don't care how.

Forum List

Back