McCain's Poor Judgement Now An Issue

I don't think the Dems can turn this into something more than it is Dive.

She either abused her power or she didn't.

I do understand her hiring an attorney. Anyone in this situation who doesn't want to be bent over would hire an attorney, however, I find it curious since someone said it was her idea for the investigation to begin with.

Last edited:
I'm positive that part of the reason Palin fired Monegan was because of Mike Wooten. Regardless, she was in her right. Monegan was her employee. He was not performing his job adequately, apparently on several levels. Not only was he not filling empty positions, but he was keeping crooked cops on the streets. So, maybe she micromanaged a bit too much, but she had every reason to fire Monegan.

I'm positive that part of the reason Palin fired Monegan was because of Mike Wooten. Regardless, she was in her right. Monegan was her employee. He was not performing his job adequately, apparently on several levels. Not only was he not filling empty positions, but he was keeping crooked cops on the streets. So, maybe she micromanaged a bit too much, but she had every reason to fire Monegan.

Its not his job to fire people the mayor doesn't like. I can sense you don't know our country's history very well. We had big fights over civil service reform before to stop bad people like Sarah Palin from getting back at people. Personal vindetta's are just bad things, and if this brings her down she deserves it. No place for that in government and no way do we want her getting into Federal office

Who will she go after next with more power?

I understand what you're saying about Mike Wooten but the facts as I understand them are the none of the allegations against Mr. Wooten surfaced until after the divorce became bitter. They weren't reported by citizen's of the state of Alaska but rather by a private investigator hired by the family.

Palin's sister didn't file a complaint when Mr. Wooten apparently tasered her 11 year old son but rather waited to speak out about this terrible and abusive behavior when it served her purpose in the divorce in question.

Also, the threat to Palin's father, while bothersome, can't be substantiated by outside sources so who knows if that's true or not and even if it is, her father is a private citizen and therefore not subject to the same rights of protection as the gov herself. The mere threat isn't enough to get police action.

We don't know whether these allegations are true or just made up bullshit that happens between couples who are going through a bitter nasty divorce.

Apparently there were investigations which turned up nothing, which means that Monegan had no grounds to fire Mr. Wooten, which is probably why he didn't. So as to save himself from being named in a lawsuit for wrongful termination.

I understand what you're saying about Mike Wooten but the facts as I understand them are the none of the allegations against Mr. Wooten surfaced until after the divorce became bitter. They weren't reported by citizen's of the state of Alaska but rather by a private investigator hired by the family.

Palin's sister didn't file a complaint when Mr. Wooten apparently tasered her 11 year old son but rather waited to speak out about this terrible and abusive behavior when it served her purpose in the divorce in question.

Also, the threat to Palin's father, while bothersome, can't be substantiated by outside sources so who knows if that's true or not and even if it is, her father is a private citizen and therefore not subject to the same rights of protection as the gov herself. The mere threat isn't enough to get police action.

We don't know whether these allegations are true or just made up bullshit that happens between couples who are going through a bitter nasty divorce.

Apparently there were investigations which turned up nothing, which means that Monegan had no grounds to fire Mr. Wooten, which is probably why he didn't. So as to save himself from being named in a lawsuit for wrongful termination.

Wooten admitted to tasering the kid at the kid's request during the divorce proceedings.

Troopers investigated the claims Palin made regarding the threat on her father's life. They found that Wooten had made such claims, but they were not direct threats towards Mr. Heath.

The only thing I've found that wasn't confirmed yet was the drinking in the squad car allegation.

With this pick after very little vetting and with all the obvious pit falls of this women with no experience, under a cloud of an ethical investigation, family issues and opinions that are removed from mainstream America's, we have to wonder out loud whether Mcain would make some of the same poor decision as president.

Forget Palin, its McCain that should be in charge!

Palin took on government corruption hence why alot of people in her state want her politically lynched.

Thanks for showing what a good choice this was on MCcain's part.:clap2:

Wooten admitted to tasering the kid at the kid's request during the divorce proceedings.

Troopers investigated the claims Palin made regarding the threat on her father's life. They found that Wooten had made such claims, but they were not direct threats towards Mr. Heath.

The only thing I've found that wasn't confirmed yet was the drinking in the squad car allegation.

All of that happened BEFORE Palin became governor. The trooper was reprimanded and placed on ten days unpaid leave.

This woman is toast.

All of that happened BEFORE Palin became governor. The trooper was reprimanded and placed on ten days unpaid leave.

This woman is toast.

You keep saying that, but you're grasping at straws. Alaska is an at-will state. She could fire him for wearing a green shirt to work, and there's nothing he could do about it.

You keep saying that, but you're grasping at straws. Alaska is an at-will state. She could fire him for wearing a green shirt to work, and there's nothing he could do about it.

But she didn't fire him for wearing a green shirt.

She fired him because he would not fire the trooper.

There are audiotapes, emails, and witnesses.

The media is preoccupied with a decision by a Governor to fire a commissioner, while the Democratic ticket makes comments like this that goes largely unreported.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrBus8ORR78[/ame]

wrong again

she fired him for not doing his job

Forum List

Back