McCain's Poor Judgement Now An Issue

Let's see:

Gradutate of Columbia University where he majored in political science with a specialization in international relations

Havard Law Grad *magna cum laude*

Director of Developing Communities Project

Civil Right Attorney

Taught constitutional law at University of Chicago Law School 1992-2004

Directed IL Project Vote April - Oct 1992 overseeing a staff of 10 and 700 volunteers. Registerd 150,000 previously unregistered African Americans to vote.

Served on the Board of Directors of the following organizations:

• Public Allies - Founding member 1992
  • Woods of Chicago 1993-2002 - worked on poverty relief and social mobility
  • Joyce Foundation - 1994-2002
  • Chicago Annenberg Challenge 1995-2002

IL State Senate from 1997 - 2004 where he accomplished the following:

• bipartisan support for legislation reforming ethics and health care law
  • Sponsored law increasing tax credits for low income workers, negotiated welfare reform, and promoted increase in subsidies for child care
  • 2001 co-chair of bipartisan Joint Committee on Administrative Rules
  • 2003 Sponsored and led unanimous bipartisan passage of legislation to monitor racial profiling and legislation making IL the first state to videotape homicide interrogations
  • Jan 2003 Became Chairman of IL State Senate Health and Human Service Committee

Since being in the US Senate he has worked on the following:

• Co- Sponsored the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act
  • Sponsored legilation requiring Nuclear plant owners to notify local and state officals of radioactive leaks
  • In 2006 Bush signed into law the Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security and Democracy Promotion Act - which Obama was the primary sponsor of
  • Co-Sponsor of Honest Leadership and Open Government Act - Signed into Law Sept 2007
  • Sponsored State Children's Health Insurance Program - which provided for one year of job protection for family members caring for soldiers with combat related injuries

While in the US Senate he has served on the following Committees:

• Forgein Relations
  • Environmental and Public Works
  • Veterans Affairs
  • Health, Education, Labor and Pensios
  • Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
  • Chariman of European Affairs

now to you and others who have a fundamental difference of opinion with Obama, none of this constitutes enough experience to be President but I'd say he's more than qualified and I have total confidence casting my vote for him in November

Obama is one of the most qualified people we have ever had run for president, and his judgement on the issues is sound. His priorities are getting out of Iraq, universal healthcare, and American energy independence.

While in the US Senate he has served on the following Committees:

• Forgein Relations
  • Environmental and Public Works
  • Veterans Affairs
  • Health, Education, Labor and Pensios
  • Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
  • Chariman of European Affairs

From the other thread on the same issue:

RUSH: ... The idea that he is more qualified foreign policy than she is, he's been in the US Senate for 140-plus working days. He has never chaired one committee, had one meeting on that subcommittee foreign policy committee that he chairs, he has never held one meeting. He has not done one thing to qualify himself to be president of the United States, other than acquire various offices. But once he's gotten to these offices, he hasn't done anything with it. The real insult here in this whole campaign is that Obama is qualified. That's the insult. And why? In his own words, in his own words last night, he's qualified because he's a member of the party of FDR and JFK. Notice he didn't mention Harry Truman, because that would have inspired mushroom clouds. He's a member of the Democrat Party, that qualifies him, and he's been to 57 states, that qualifies him and he's got Joe Biden on the ticket who has been wrong about more foreign policy decisions than he's been right. That qualifies him.

Last edited:
McCain needed to pick someone who had more experience. I think it loses him his Obama is unexperienced arguement. He also needed to pick someone that people would be confident could take over if something happens to McCain. I think the voters will be nervous about that.

and none of that qualifies someone to be POTUS

FAIL

:lol:

okay, let's look at McCain's qualifications:

Graduate of US Naval Academy in 1958

20 hours in battle

POW 1967 - 1973

Navy Senate liasion (where he met and began an affair with Cindy)

Retired as captain of the Navy in 1981

VP of Public Relations at Father-in-Laws Beer distributorship

House of Representative 1982 - two terms

US Senate since 1986

I would list all his accomplishments but since you summarily dismissed Obama's I figured they didn't really matter.

so tell me, what qualifies McCain over Obama? Obama has real world, actual job experience. Obama has worked tirelessly it would seem for the rights of low income and middle class Americans.

John McCain on the other hand upon retiring from the Navy, divorced his first wife to marry the woman he was having an affair with and got a job from her father at a beer distributor and then financing to run for public office from him as well and since that time has been living the cushy life of a US Senator since 1986.

and BTW, military experience alone isn't enough to say he's eminently more qualified to be POTUS than Obama because we've had presidents who had no military experience.

Americano: anyone who would quote Rush Limbaugh as a source really doesn't have a leg to stand on. This is the same man who while ranting and raving about how drug abusers should be in jail was popping more pills than a pez dispenser. nice try though.

Last edited:
:lol:

okay, let's look at McCain's qualifications:

Graduate of US Naval Academy in 1958

20 hours in battle

POW 1967 - 1973

Retired as captain of the Navy in 1981

VP of Public Relations at Father-in-Laws Beer distributorship

House of Representative 1982 - two terms

US Senate since 1986

I would list all his accomplishments but since you summarily dismissed Obama's I figured they didn't really matter.

so tell me, what qualifies McCain over Obama? Obama has real world, actual job experience. Obama has worked tirelessly it would seem for the rights of low income and middle class Americans.

John McCain on the other hand upon retiring from the Navy, divorced his fist wife to marry the woman he was having an affair with and got a job from her father at a beer distributor and then financing to run for public office from him as well and since that time has been living the cushy life of a US Senator since 1986.

and BTW, military experience alone isn't enough to say he's eminently more qualified to be POTUS than Obama because we've had presidents who had no military experience.
and the link you got all that from?

nice, from a blog

is this more satisfactory for you? McCain himself admits he was 894th out of 899 students and barely passing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srbX26vp57c]YouTube - John McCain: I graduated fifth from the bottom of my class[/ame]

what do you think of that DiveCon?

McCain seems to be the classic underachiever (just like Bush) who through connections has risen up the ranks in the U.S. government and now possibly could be running this country.

McCain seems to be the classic underachiever (just like Bush) who through connections has risen up the ranks in the U.S. government and now possibly could be running this country.

Obama worked his way to the top.

McCain slept his way to the top.

What you don't realize is that even graduating from any of our military academies is an accomplishment. They ain't community colleges.

I'm sorry but McCain followed his father to the Naval Academy, he probably only got admitted through his connections and to rank 894th out of 899 students is fucking pathetic!

Obama graduated from Harvard magna cum laude and harvard ain't no community college either my friend!

Last edited:

i think he graduated

I'm sorry but McCain followed his father to the Naval Academy, he probably only got admitted through his connections and to rank 894th out of 899 students is fucking pathetic!

Obama graduated from Harvard magna cum laude and harvard ain't no community college either my friend!
so, what does that make the 4 that graduated below him?

Naval Officers

Obama is one of the most qualified people we have ever had run for president, and his judgement on the issues is sound. His priorities are getting out of Iraq, universal healthcare, and American energy independence.

I see you're still repeating that same line, over, and over, and over, ad infinitum until we puke.

thats the point.
for dems to complain she doesnt have experience is hypocrisy
she has more executive experience than either Obama or Biden
and McCain too
McCain does have other experience
and a clue for you, i was not a huge McCain fan prior to him picking her

Oh what sheer blather.

She wouldn't make pimple on Obama ass.

so, what does that make the 4 that graduated below him?

Naval Officers

I would certainly be curious to know what became of the 4 who were dumber than McCain. Wonder if there is anyway to find out.

The fact that McCain either didn't have the intelligence or worse the desire to do better than 5th from the bottom is very telling IMO.

He actually seems to find it amusing that he barely passed, like it's something to be proud of. What does that say to children of this nation when a man running for PResident summarily seems to dismiss the importance of his education?

Forum List

Back