McCains Health Care Plan Fact Sheet

GigiBowman

Oct 21, 2008
I just got this in my email so I thought I'd share it.

McCain-Palin on Health Care
Accessibility: John McCain and Sarah Palin will reform health care making it easier for individuals and families to obtain insurance. An important part of their plan is to use competition to improve the quality of health insurance with greater variety to match people’s needs, lower prices, and ensure portability. Families should be able to purchase health insurance nationwide, across state lines.
Tax Benefits: John McCain and Sarah Palin will reform the tax code to offer more choices by providing a refundable tax credit ($2,500 for individuals and $5,000 for families) to offset the cost of insurance.
Portability: John McCain and Sarah Palin propose making insurance more portable so that insurance follows Americans from job to job.
HSAs: John McCain ands Sarah Palin will encourage and expand the benefits of Health Savings Accounts for families.

continued:

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008

How will McCain's healthcare plan help those who have pre-existing conditions? How will it help them to get coverage? My kids have pre-existing conditions. The only way that they will be able to get health insurance is through a company group plan. They are covered under my plan now, but eventually they will need to have their own coverage. I am self-employed and lucky that I am with Anthem. They allowed me to sign on for a similar plan as I moved from Colorado to Ohio. Most companies won't allow this. Had I been with any other insurance company, I never would have been able to move. McCain's plan to allow insurance companies to provide insurance acrosss state lines would address this problem. However, my kids still will never be able to buy a private policy.

Obama's plan, on the other hand, forces insurance companies to accept those with pre-existing conditions. The problem with Obama's plan is that it doesn't force anyone to actually have insurance. Therefore, even more adults will choose to go without until they become sick. Then they'll get the insurance. This will drive up costs drastically, and those of us who do pay for health insurance will be hit with drastically higher premiums.

Hillary was the only one who actually understood that to reduce costs in the long run, everyone needs to be insured, and everyone needs to contribute. There is no way to reduce costs when you force insurance companies to accept anyone and everyone, but you allow individuals to choose when they will start paying for insurance.

I just got this in my email so I thought I'd share it.

McCain-Palin on Health Care
Accessibility: John McCain and Sarah Palin will reform health care making it easier for individuals and families to obtain insurance. An important part of their plan is to use competition to improve the quality of health insurance with greater variety to match people’s needs, lower prices, and ensure portability. Families should be able to purchase health insurance nationwide, across state lines.
Tax Benefits: John McCain and Sarah Palin will reform the tax code to offer more choices by providing a refundable tax credit ($2,500 for individuals and $5,000 for families) to offset the cost of insurance.
Portability: John McCain and Sarah Palin propose making insurance more portable so that insurance follows Americans from job to job.
HSAs: John McCain ands Sarah Palin will encourage and expand the benefits of Health Savings Accounts for families.

continued:

Yeah, let me tell you what blue cross blue shield and all the major companies will do/

They'll offer the same goddamned HMO's and POS plans, with the same BS and same red tape and the same everything we have now that makes the healthcare industry a nightmare for anyone who is sick. They'll offer a new plan that you can take with you anywhere you go and that won't drive down the cost of health insurance, because this new plan will be the most expensive plan they offer. So McCain will do nothing to straighten this out, but he'll be like Bush and Paulson and he'll throw government money at it to help us afford the same broken, corrupt system in the world: the very system that is in charge of our health.

Obama wants to work to eliminate this by imposing more regulations on the healthcare industry and offer a government health insurance to those who want it. But it's not FREE health insurance, it's health insurance you have to pay for, much like what we have now. So this has the potential of making a profit for the government and if it does, they can lower their premiums. This will cause the other health insurance agencies to lower their premiums to be competitve with the government and offer more services. This way we can have REAL health insurance from either a private corporation or our government.

I 10000000% endorse Obama's plan.

Obama's Plan -- Those who can't afford coverage would get a subsidy on a sliding scale depending on their income, and virtually all businesses would have to share in the cost of coverage for their workers. The plan that would be offered would be similar to the one covering members of Congress.

Sounds to me like we'll still be paying for someone elses health insurance in addition to our own (just like we are now), and on top of that, employers will be forced to offer health insurance, which raises their cost of doing business, which means they have to "dismiss" some people to offset the rising costs, which in turn puts even more people out of work...

Sounds pretty shitty to me.. What am I missing?

What's wrong with McCain's again?

Yeah, let me tell you what blue cross blue shield and all the major companies will do/

They'll offer the same goddamned HMO's and POS plans, with the same BS and same red tape and the same everything we have now that makes the healthcare industry a nightmare for anyone who is sick. They'll offer a new plan that you can take with you anywhere you go and that won't drive down the cost of health insurance, because this new plan will be the most expensive plan they offer. So McCain will do nothing to straighten this out, but he'll be like Bush and Paulson and he'll throw government money at it to help us afford the same broken, corrupt system in the world: the very system that is in charge of our health.

Obama wants to work to eliminate this by imposing more regulations on the healthcare industry and offer a government health insurance to those who want it. But it's not FREE health insurance, it's health insurance you have to pay for, much like what we have now. So this has the potential of making a profit for the government and if it does, they can lower their premiums. This will cause the other health insurance agencies to lower their premiums to be competitve with the government and offer more services. This way we can have REAL health insurance from either a private corporation or our government.

I 10000000% endorse Obama's plan.

Bullshit. It's a sliding scale plan; people making less than X amount of dollars don't pay a damned DIME for their insurance, and someone else is forced to pick up the cost.

Bullshit. It's a sliding scale plan; people making less than X amount of dollars don't pay a damned DIME for their insurance, and someone else is forced to pick up the cost.

I have to live by the board rules whenever I post something I have to provide a link to it where I can see this for myself and everyone else to. Don't you own this board? Can you please post a link so I can see for myself?

I have to live by the board rules whenever I post something I have to provide a link to it where I can see this for myself and everyone else to. Don't you own this board? Can you please post a link so I can see for myself?

No, I don't own the damned board, and the last time someone posted a link sealing your ass to the concrete, you never came back and acknowledged you were wrong.. Hell if I'm wasting MY time.

The links are out there - find them, and dispute what I just said. In fact, I know there's one on this board, because it was identical to what I'd read in a magazine previously. Sliding scale, toots.

how come libwals have to be taken care of? someone explain that to me? no proof required, just why do ya think libwals need to be taken care of? is it genetic?

No, I don't own the damned board, and the last time someone posted a link sealing your ass to the concrete, you never came back and acknowledged you were wrong.. Hell if I'm wasting MY time.

The links are out there - find them, and dispute what I just said. In fact, I know there's one on this board, because it was identical to what I'd read in a magazine previously. Sliding scale, toots.

there ya go, they keep demanding PROOF
there ain't enough fucking proof in the universe. you are wasting your time.

how come libwals have to be taken care of? someone explain that to me? no proof required, just why do ya think libwals need to be taken care of? is it genetic?
That's not the point. Liberals want to use the government to create benefits for a large population in the lower classes, so they can be seen as benefactors, thus keeping themselves in elite power and status.

Incidently, the portion I quoted in my post above is just a *small* portion of the article itself - that quote right there says "s-l-i-d-i-n-g s-c-a-l-e". What do you think s-l-i-d-i-n-g- s-c-a-l-e means, David? It means you pay less and less and less and less....until you pay nothing - only difference being now employers are FORCED to pay for people they don't even employ, if they don't offer their current employees health insurance at a "reasonable" rate - reasonable meaning they have to eat some of the costs for each employee...

Ah fuck it.. I'm feeling generous.. Here, David.

Those who can't afford coverage would get a subsidy on a sliding scale depending on their income, and virtually all businesses would have to share in the cost of coverage for their workers. The plan is similar to the one covering members of Congress.

Obama's package would prohibit insurance companies from refusing coverage because of pre-existing conditions.

Obama Unveils Universal Health Care Plan, Government, Businesses And Consumers Would Share The Program's Cost - CBS News

How will McCain's healthcare plan help those who have pre-existing conditions? How will it help them to get coverage? My kids have pre-existing conditions. The only way that they will be able to get health insurance is through a company group plan. They are covered under my plan now, but eventually they will need to have their own coverage. I am self-employed and lucky that I am with Anthem. They allowed me to sign on for a similar plan as I moved from Colorado to Ohio. Most companies won't allow this. Had I been with any other insurance company, I never would have been able to move. McCain's plan to allow insurance companies to provide insurance acrosss state lines would address this problem. However, my kids still will never be able to buy a private policy.

Obama's plan, on the other hand, forces insurance companies to accept those with pre-existing conditions. The problem with Obama's plan is that it doesn't force anyone to actually have insurance. Therefore, even more adults will choose to go without until they become sick. Then they'll get the insurance. This will drive up costs drastically, and those of us who do pay for health insurance will be hit with drastically higher premiums.

Hillary was the only one who actually understood that to reduce costs in the long run, everyone needs to be insured, and everyone needs to contribute. There is no way to reduce costs when you force insurance companies to accept anyone and everyone, but you allow individuals to choose when they will start paying for insurance.
You asked here's your answer....

John McCain believes that no American should be denied access to quality and affordable coverage simply because of a pre-existing condition. As President, John McCain will work with governors to develop a best practice model that states can follow – a Guaranteed Access Plan or GAP – that would reflect the best experience of the states to ensure these patients have access to health coverage. There would be reasonable limits on premiums, and assistance would be available for Americans below a certain income level.

Here's the difference between the two plans right from Elizabeth Edwards who works as a healthcare advisor for Obama.

www.dcexaminer.com >> Yeas & Nays - Elizabeth Edwards ?not that fond? of Obama?s health care plan
However, Edwards’ critique of Obama’s plan doesn’t mean that she’s saving any love for McCain’s health care proposals. Edwards – who has battled breast cancer since 2004 – said McCain’s plan fails in all important areas by leaving the decision-making process up to individuals, who can frequently “make stupid economics decisions.”

So Obama's plan would put American's healthcare decisions in the hands of beaucrats and Mccain's plan leaves decision making up to American healthcare consumers.

Forum List

Back