McCain's "Foreign Policy Experience"

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
While McCain boasts of forgein policy experience. The current situation in Georgia proves that he, Pres. Bush and Pres. Saakashvili are all forgein policy idiots. The well known build up of Russian troops on the Georgian border that started last April was a clear message to Georgia not to take military action against South Ossetia. This is called deterrence. It is a forgein policy tactic that is as old as civilization. Nations do not bluff. The Chinese proved that to us in Korea. Pres. Bush did not bluff when he demanded Saddam Hussein to leave Iraq, and the Russians were not bluffing when they militarize the Georgian border. The Georgian military campaign against South Ossetia was pure lunacy.

What is worse is that the right-wing forgien policy lunatics in this country seem to be doing everything they can to provoke an invasion-paranoid Russia. Agreeing to allow the Eastern European countries to join NATO, while in fact there is not a chance that NATO would risk a war against Russia in the defense of these countries, could not be deemed as anything less than total stupidity. A hollow agreement, not worth the paper that it is written on. In fact, putting missile batteries in Poland will only aggrevate Russia to the point that invading the Baltic states will be their only option.

Russia is an immensely resource rich and economically prosperous country. There is no reason or evidence that they will act aggressively unless they are provoked. Killing at least 45 Russian citizens in South Ossetia is more than provocation - it is the right and responsibility of every nation to defend their citizens. We have done the same many times before.

But perhaps it was all planned out: Given the American tendancy toward the perverse patriotism of cold war militancy, the Bush-McCain-Saakashvili consortium has decided that the loss of Georgia, the Ukraine, the Baltic States, the hundreds of thousands of deaths that would be caused, the immeasurable human suffering that would ensue, and even the possibility of nuclear war would all be worth it - if it wins McCain enough votes to prevent an Afro-American Liberal from being elected to the White House.

Does McCain believe in the existence of Evil? I think so.

McCain is losing it. Everytime I see him speak, there is a pause and then his ingratiating little smile or smirk appears. I never trusted people who laugh at their own so called funnies even when they aren't funny.

He calls Obama an elitist while he Mc Cain owns 5 homes and his wife is worth 600 million. He talks about his religious foundations, but he cheated on his first wife and divorced her when she gained weight after taking prescribed medicine after an accident. He was against the tax breaks and drilling and is now for it.

He says he backs the troops but has consistently voted against bills that support more education and medical benefits.

It's his last time, he knows it, and will say or do what ever he needs to to win.

And no one is pushing the Singing Songbird of Hanoi angle. The left doesn't has the skill the right had in twisting Kerry's service with the TurdBoat veterans. Part of the right success in the mud slinging is their audience,

Fellow POW?s say John McCain Was a Coward and a Traitor in Viet Nam

What also bother's me about McCain's "I was a POW obsession" is that he seems to think that he's the only one who suffered in the entire Vietnam War.
A sole martyr for the American way. More than 2.5 million people died in the Vietnam conflict. All politics aside, he himself, as a fighter/bomber pilot probably inflicted more personal suffering on people than he ever endured.

You'd think that he was all alone.

What also bother's me about McCain's "I was a POW obsession" is that he seems to think that he's the only one who suffered in the entire Vietnam War.
A sole martyr for the American way. More than 2.5 million people died in the Vietnam conflict. All politics aside, he himself, as a fighter/bomber pilot probably inflicted more personal suffering on people than he ever endured.

It's beginning to remind me of the Gu911iani campaign..

Talking of bombers....

In 1995, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced her chosen successor, Barack Obama, to a few of the district’s influential liberals at the home of two well known figures on the local left: William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.

While Ayers and Dohrn may be thought of in Hyde Park as local activists, they’re better known nationally as two of the most notorious — and unrepentant — figures from the violent fringe of the 1960s anti-war movement.

Now, as Obama runs for president, what two guests recall as an unremarkable gathering on the road to a minor elected office stands as a symbol of how swiftly he has risen from a man in the Hyde Park left to one closing in fast on the Democratic nomination for president.

“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,” said Dr. Quentin Young, a prominent Chicago physician and advocate for single-payer health care, of the informal gathering at the home of Ayers and his wife, Dohrn. “[Palmer] identified [Obama] as her successor.”

Obama and Palmer “were both there,” he said.

Obama’s connections to Ayers and Dorhn have been noted in some fleeting news coverage in the past. But the visit by Obama to their home — part of a campaign courtship — reflects more extensive interaction than has been previously reported.

Neither Ayers nor the Obama campaign would describe the relationship between the two men. Dr. Young described Obama and Ayers as “friends,” but there’s no evidence their relationship is more than the casual friendship of two men who occupy overlapping Chicago political circles and who served together on the board of a Chicago foundation.
Dohrn, however, was jailed for less than a year for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating other Weather Underground members’ robbery of a Brinks truck, in which a guard and two New York State Troopers were killed.

“I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough,” Ayers told the New York Times in 2001.

Obama once visited '60s radicals - Ben Smith - Politico.com

I suppose you would rather have this type of bomber in the White House.....

That was one of the most pointless replies I've ever seen. Instead of defending McCain, you went on an attack against Obama. Try staying on subject:

McCain is a foreign policy disaster in the making.

The weirdest thing that wingers don't get is that defining people as 'Liberal' or 'Leftist' doesn't mean that they're wrong or bad:

In the 1960s we were a terrible nation. We were at war fighting against the sovereignty of the Vietnamese people. WE WERE THE BAD GUYS!!!

That war violated every principle that America was founded on.

The treatment of non-white people was attrocious. Few people under the age of 50 remember how bad it was.

While the personal suffering of individuals who were killed by leftist bombers is a horrible thing, these leftist radicals were fighting for a just cause. In the end they won. This country changed dramatically because of them.

At the same time, does John McCain ever consider the people that he most likely killed or maimed? He believed in his cause, but that doesn't mean that he should completely disregard the innocent people that were killed by his bombs:

A bomber in a neat uniform with a nice haircut, flying a jet airplane is still A BOMBER.

Not one word from him of concern for these people.

That was one of the most pointless replies I've ever seen. Instead of defending McCain, you went on an attack against Obama. Try staying on subject:

McCain is a foreign policy disaster in the making.

The weirdest thing that wingers don't get is that defining people as 'Liberal' or 'Leftist' doesn't mean that they're wrong or bad:

In the 1960s we were a terrible nation. We were at war fighting against the sovereignty of the Vietnamese people. WE WERE THE BAD GUYS!!!

That war violated every principle that America was founded on.

The treatment of non-white people was attrocious. Few people under the age of 50 remember how bad it was.

While the personal suffering of individuals who were killed by leftist bombers is a horrible thing, these leftist radicals were fighting for a just cause. In the end they won. This country changed dramatically because of them.

At the same time, does John McCain ever consider the people that he most likely killed or maimed? He believed in his cause, but that doesn't mean that he should completely disregard the innocent people that were killed by his bombs:

A bomber in a neat uniform with a nice haircut, flying a jet airplane is still A BOMBER.

Not one word from him of concern for these people.

Why Liberals don't normally win the Presidency....
It's funny you put a hit piece about a man who fought for his country and sacrificed physically. A man who refused early release so that he didn't abandon his fellow soliders. While you defend radicals that bomb innocent people. MCcain followed the orders he was given by his commanders and I don't think you will find too many democrats that will support a position of our soliders being some type of thugs. While there are a few democrats on here that will support that, you all are the minority even in your party(at least I hope so).

I can find a lot of faults with McCain but his sevice to our country isn't one of them. He has a lot of experience where foregn policy is concerned, but I disagree with most of his positions on Middle East affairs that seem to have got us bogged down fighting a war on 2 fronts. I doubt he would show much restraint where military force is concerned.

I can find a lot of faults with McCain but his sevice to our country isn't one of them. He has a lot of experience where foregn policy is concerned, but I disagree with most of his positions on Middle East affairs that seem to have got us bogged down fighting a war on 2 fronts. I doubt he would show much restraint where military force is concerned.

Ayup!

I am glad you support the troops....

Although, I disagree that Mccain will send troops into harm's way at every whim.

McCain is losing it. Everytime I see him speak, there is a pause and then his ingratiating little smile or smirk appears. I never trusted people who laugh at their own so called funnies even when they aren't funny.

He calls Obama an elitist while he Mc Cain owns 5 homes and his wife is worth 600 million. He talks about his religious foundations, but he cheated on his first wife and divorced her when she gained weight after taking prescribed medicine after an accident. He was against the tax breaks and drilling and is now for it.

He says he backs the troops but has consistently voted against bills that support more education and medical benefits.

It's his last time, he knows it, and will say or do what ever he needs to to win.

And no one is pushing the Singing Songbird of Hanoi angle. The left doesn't has the skill the right had in twisting Kerry's service with the TurdBoat veterans. Part of the right success in the mud slinging is their audience,

Fellow POW?s say John McCain Was a Coward and a Traitor in Viet Nam

Obama worked his way up, but McCain slept his way to the top with his wife's mob money.

Obama worked his way up, but McCain slept his way to the top with his wife's mob money.

Example of Obama working his way up....
ABC News: The Rezko Connection: Obama's Achilles Heel?
In sharp contrast to his tough talk about ethics reform in government, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., approached a well-known Illinois political fixer under active federal investigation, Antoin "Tony" Rezko, for "advice" as he sought to find a way to buy a house shortly after being elected to the United States Senate.

The parcel included an adjacent lot which Obama told the Chicago Tribune he could not afford because "it was already a stretch to buy the house."

On the same day Obama closed on his house, Rezko's wife bought the adjacent empty lot, meeting the condition of the seller who wanted to sell both properties at the same time.

Rezko had been widely reported to be under investigation by the U.S. attorney and the FBI at the time Obama contacted him and has since been indicted on corruption charges by a federal grand jury in a case that prosecutors say involves bribes, kickbacks and "efforts to illegally obtain millions of dollars."

Btw talking of the mob....

Obama leans on treasurer nominee: Giannoulias pressed on family-bank loans. | Chicago Tribune (Chicago, IL) (April, 2006)
Apr. 13--U.S. Sen. Barack Obama said Wednesday he is concerned by revelations that the bank owned by Illinois Democratic treasurer nominee Alexi Giannoulias' family gave loans to a Chicago crime figure and said the candidate owes him and the public a full accounting.

"I'm going to take a look at what's been going on and I'm going to ask Alexi directly what is happening," said Obama, an early and enthusiastic backer of the first-time candidate, after a town-hall meeting at York High School in Elmhurst.

Sweet blog special. Today in Obamaville. Ill. State Giannoulias hosts Obama funder in Chicago. NYPost goes after Giannoulias. - Lynn Sweet
White House hopeful Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) omits from his Wednesday public schedule a fund-raiser hosted by Illinois State Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias at a restaurant in Chicago's Greektown community. The event is closed to the press and a campaign spokesman, Ben LaBolt, said in response to my e-mail query this morning that a pool reporter will not be allowed in the reception. Obama stumps in Iowa for a series of meet-the- candidate events and then returns to Chicago for the Giannoulias funder.

As an example of the hard ball nature of the campaign, NYPost Washington Bureau Chief Charles Hurt resurrects in the Wednesday edition an old story about Giannoulias---one he has long battled regarding reputed mob ties--with the headline "Obama's Mob-tie $idekick."

The first in, first out principle is standard in our military. The Vietnamese only offered McCain's release because they knew he was the son of an admiral, with incredible potential to become a major American leader. This is why they offered it to him: to ruin his career. If he had accepted, it would have haunted him and probably ruined him. He knew this and rejected release for this reason.

Are we supposed to believe that he has such high integrity as to turn down release for just patriotic principles, but lacks the moral strength to stay by his own sickly wife?

Of course he most probably wouldn't be running for president today if he had chosen differently in either case.

I take care of my relations when they are sick. So do most of the people. Yet John McCain seems to put career ambitions above all else.

I trust McCain's foreign policy far more than Obama's. Critics like to paint McCain as hot headed, but that is just partisan rhetoric and easy to see right through. I like that John McCain is open to improving global alliances with other countries without giving up and throwing in the towel like Democrats would when times get tough in Iraq and Afganistan.

Twice he has stated "we need to listen" to our allies and to create a new "League of Democracies" to "advance our values and defend our shared interests." It's clear to me that he is open to talking...however he is not going to take it in the ASS like Obama will when he... um um um um gets cornered um ahh um ahh hold on..by a faster mind who is above his pay grade.

Forum List

Back