McCain's Economic advisor is creator of the Enron Loophole! WTF!

CharlestonChad

Baller Deluxe
Jul 2, 2006
Charleston, SC
Here's what you need to know before you fill up your next tank.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdRbuUQNcxw]YouTube - John McCain's Connection to Big Oil & The Enron Loophole[/ame]

If only the mainstream media had done it's job, before the war, we would have been educated and made informed decisions on invading Iraq. Where was this guy in 2000? This is a brilliant piece of research and reporting! Well done keith!:clap2:

Last edited:
If only the mainstream media had done it's job, before the war, we would have been educated and made informed decisions on invading Iraq. Where was this guy in 2000? This is a brilliant piece of research and reporting! Well done keith!:clap2:

Most likely he was all for the invasion like the rest of the media.

Here's what you need to know before you fill up your next tank.

YouTube - John McCain's Connection to Big Oil & The Enron Loophole

Speculators fueling gas prices....lmao

Sure they influence the price of gas but they aren't the main cause. Speculators actually keep prices down, through securing todays prices on oil they eliminate absorbing high spikes in the price of oil. Which ultimately would get passed onto consumers through higher prices in all goods. Sure there are exceptions to the rule, there are speculators that do not actually accept delivery of the oil. But this is just that the exception and not the rule.

Wonder why gas is going for 10 dollars in Europe, I guess all of those speculators their too huh?? These are assinine assumptions, that doesn't do anything but make asses out of themselves and us.

Last edited:
I listened to that but to be candid, I failed to understand how exactly specualation is driving up prices.

When I say I don't understand I mean I do not understand the nuts and bolts step by step way this process works.

I will remind you all that the ECONOMIST has come out and said clearly that the spike in oil prices is NOT the result of any shortage in supply, folks.

So while I do not understand exactly what it happening or how it is being done, I have absolutely no doubt that the consumers are being raped by the insiders.

It's not too complicated. What happens is, people can buy futures notes that are basically the same thing as buying tons and tons of petro. Then they can sell this note without ever having to take delivery of the commodities. What they do, then, is buy stuff up creating an artificial flux in the supply/demand, then they sell the note later for a profit, after the artificially raised the price of the commodities in question. Inflationary effects and a weakening dollar excacerbate the situation.

Last edited:
It's not too complicated. What happens is, people can buy futures notes that are basically the same thing as buying tons and tons of petro. Then they can sell this note without ever having to take delivery of the commodities. What they do, then, is buy stuff up creating an artificial flux in the supply/demand, then they sell the note later for a profit, after the artificially raised the price of the commodities in question. Inflationary effects and a weakening dollar excacerbate the situation.

It's not strictly speculators in the US driving up oil prices. If that were true we would see higher gas prices in the US than we would in the rest of the world. This is simply not the case, speculators, the weak dollar, limited supply and expontentially growing demand is driving the price of gas in the US up.

Another example of the corporate fascism of today's republican party. In order to arrive at Corporatism, aka fascism, it is essential regulation be removed or relaxed. Propaganda machinery blames the other side and those who disagree are fired as noted in article. The Nazi would love the republicans.

Justice Department Fires 8th U.S. Attorney - washingtonpost.com

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Forum List

Back