McCain

Jul 31, 2008
As hard as I try to support John McCain I have come to realize he is nothing but a whiner... Seems he will say anything to get elected... What happened to men who just want to make our country a better place....... Jeez, I had high expectaions for this election but I am growing more and more tired of the same ole rhetoric...:cool:

As hard as I try to support John McCain I have come to realize he is nothing but a whiner... Seems he will say anything to get elected... What happened to men who just want to make our country a better place....... Jeez, I had high expectaions for this election but I am growing more and more tired of the same ole rhetoric...:cool:

And Obama? Do you see him as a bright shiny star with ideas that will change the world? Neither are worth the time it takes to vote.

Originally Posted by TexasDeerTrader
As hard as I try to support John McCain I have come to realize he is nothing but a whiner... Seems he will say anything to get elected... What happened to men who just want to make our country a better place....... Jeez, I had high expectaions for this election but I am growing more and more tired of the same ole rhetoric...
:iagree:

Neither are worth the time it takes to vote.
:iagree:

And Obama? Do you see him as a bright shiny star with ideas that will change the world? Neither are worth the time it takes to vote.

Nice description of Obama.

He will change the world, unless the old farts vote in McCain.

I really don't know... Maybe I'll 'write-in' someone, Colin Powell or Wesley Clark or Stormin Norman.... I dunno

Nice description of Obama.

He will change the world, unless the old farts vote in McCain.

No, he won't. Neither he nor McCain will "change the world."

Furthermore, Obama is just as guilty as McCain of saying whatever he has to to get elected. In fact, he has even been known to say one thing and then changing his position for the next audience, sometimes in the same day.

You need to check yourself and realize that Obama is just another politician.

We could elect Saint Patrick and even he couldn't drive the snakes out of Washington, folks.

Repairing the damage that has been done to this Republic isn't something that one man-- not even the POTUS -- can manage without a majority of like-minded people with REAL integrity in office.

We got in this mess one selfish anti-American policy at a time, and we're going to have to drastically change the system which allowed that to happen, before we can back out of this mess...one policy or law at a time.

Campaign reform is really the first thing that must happen.

The system rewards conniving lying snakes, folks, and punishes truly honest players at every turn and at every level of government. The best men or woman in Washington or your home state or even your local government have to compromise with vermin like Stevens because we keep electing the bastards.

Sans real campaign reform, I really see nothing in our futures but more of same and worse.

Sorry, if my cynicism bums any of you out, but hey!, at least I can indentify the first step on a long road to recovery.

No hero is going save us, no matter how shining his resume, no matter how sincerely he wishes to fix things.

Now judging from the replies I read from some of you here, there are still enough people to man the oars of the corrupted ship of state we are all on.

And they DO throw good people to the sharks whenever they find them, too, believe me. (Let's remember that, shall we? Hitler had no problem finding people to man his government, nor did Stalin, nor does any monster with power)

If you truly love America and what we all pretend it still stands for, stop blaming your neighbors and start looking at WHO REALLY runs things and who works for them, too.

It isn't people on welfare, it isn't gun owners, or abortionists, or gays, or one generation, or one race, it's CORRUPTED PEOPLE that we keep putting into office, and the selfish mini-monsters enablers who benefit from putting keeping in power at EVERY LEVEL OF GOVERNMENT, too.

Look around you.

When some selfish asshole tells you he doesn't CARE about his fellow Americans, he's not a consevative, he's not a liberal or a Republican or a Democrat, he's an evil son-of-a bitch who hates everything this nation ever really stood for.

We could elect Saint Patrick and even he couldn't drive the snakes out of Washington, folks.

While mostly cynical, an excellent post. What changed in America from Eisenhower's peaceful building period to Reagan's unmitigated greed. And I don't think Reagan was a bad man, but I think he offered the bad, the K street scum, the opportunity to rape and pillage. I am finishing Dean Baker's America since 1980 and clearly our nation has turned from one that thinks of its own to one that thinks of itself.

CEPR - America Since 1980: A Right Turn Leading to a Dead End

Forum List

Back