McCain will be more like Reagan than Bush ever was

good grief.. DUDE. stop posting BLOGS as if they mean anything. There are a million fucking blogs in the net and we don't need a thread for each of them.

Besides.. Reagan? You sad bastards are like Elvis fans who insisted that they saw the king in a gas station buying twinkies at 3AM during the mid 80s. Give it up already.

Last edited:
somehow, i don't think you're on the Nobel nominating committee, so i won't.
trust you, that is.
obama's done nothing in the Federal govt beyond using it to further his own ambitions. Doesn't make him a bad person, but to call him a "shining star" is laughable on its face.

He built his campaign from the ground up. What do they call it, grass roots? Whatever they call it, no man in history has ever gotten to where Obama is on mostly small donations. In other words, he did it without selling out. Now you can play that down all you want, but then you'll just look jealous because McCain SOOOO had to sell out that it sucks for you to see Obama did it!!! And he did what no Republican could ever do, and that's beat a Clinton.

He finished first at Harvard. Maybe this is the kind of person that should be running our country. Not some guy who's been in Warshington for 30 years. McCain says he was fighting lobbyists and greedy special interest. Well he did a horrible job.

He built his campaign from the ground up. What do they call it, grass roots? Whatever they call it, no man in history has ever gotten to where Obama is on mostly small donations. In other words, he did it without selling out. Now you can play that down all you want, but then you'll just look jealous because McCain SOOOO had to sell out that it sucks for you to see Obama did it!!! And he did what no Republican could ever do, and that's beat a Clinton.

He finished first at Harvard. Maybe this is the kind of person that should be running our country. Not some guy who's been in Warshington for 30 years. McCain says he was fighting lobbyists and greedy special interest. Well he did a horrible job.

Warshington? he didn't graduate first in his class at harvard, either.

carry on.

Last edited:

Nice post.

It is time to have a smart guy running the country.

God help the next president, though.

What a mess Bush has created!

sorry, just can't see him delivering the "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" line as effectively as Reagan did, Obama would probably turn it into a 10 minute dissertation on the potential benefits and risks of removing one stone symbolically, punctuated with a series of uhs and ums

And what would McCain do?

Bomb Bomb Bomb this wall? :cuckoo:

Warshington? he didn't graduate first in his class at harvard, either.

carry on.

Top of his class. The point is, he is smart and Bush & McCain are not.

How come people don't like my John McCain immitation. You don't hear him saying Warshington? YOu don't hear that annoying wistle when he talks? We can not be forced to listen to him for 4 years.

And OMG is this the most blatant attempt of the religous right to put someone who is even more religious than Bush in the white house or what? Think about it. The religous right didn't even want McCain. Huckabee could never get elected, and neither could Sarah Palin, so the religious right nominated a 70 year old with melanoma. He has a 1 in 3 chance of making it to 80. Most of America does not agree with evangelicals so I think it needs to be pointed out that she doesn't believe in evolution, condoms, a woman's right to choose, etc. And melanoma is more serious than people think.

And you're very ignorant of the facts...

No he's not. What's the fascination with Reagan?

I'd love to hear your take on how Reagan was such a conservative hero. Because in my opinion, most of us here haven't lived to see one in the Oval Office yet.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Top of his class. The point is, he is smart and Bush & McCain are not.

How come people don't like my John McCain immitation. You don't hear him saying Warshington? YOu don't hear that annoying wistle when he talks? We can not be forced to listen to him for 4 years.

And OMG is this the most blatant attempt of the religous right to put someone who is even more religious than Bush in the white house or what? Think about it. The religous right didn't even want McCain. Huckabee could never get elected, and neither could Sarah Palin, so the religious right nominated a 70 year old with melanoma. He has a 1 in 3 chance of making it to 80. Most of America does not agree with evangelicals so I think it needs to be pointed out that she doesn't believe in evolution, condoms, a woman's right to choose, etc. And melanoma is more serious than people think.

<yawn>

No he's not. What's the fascination with Reagan?

I'd love to hear your take on how Reagan was such a conservative hero. Because in my opinion, most of us here haven't lived to see one in the Oval Office yet.

nor will we in all likelihood, sad to say. the last good president we had was eisenhower, and while he wasn't super conservative, i'd settle for another person like him.

Why do you hate second rate movie stars?

they almost lost WWII.
i don't hate him, but to call him a conservative is a joke. it's like calling W a conservative. complete bullshit. frankly, i didn't think he was any great shakes as pres, he just looked good compared to Carter.

nor will we in all likelihood, sad to say. the last good president we had was eisenhower, and while he wasn't super conservative, i'd settle for another person like him.

Man, I'd give up a nut to have Eisenhower as our president. And you're right, he was probably the last true conservative president. We don't need a "super" conservative, anyway. We just need one that takes the ideology seriously. His conservatism practically makes today's so-called conservatism look like far left liberalism. I liked it better when it wasn't saturated with petty, meaningless social issues.

Man, I'd give up a nut to have Eisenhower as our president. And you're right, he was probably the last true conservative president. We don't need a "super" conservative, anyway. We just need one that takes the ideology seriously. His conservatism practically makes today's so-called conservatism look like far left liberalism. I liked it better when it wasn't saturated with petty, meaningless social issues.

to me, the antithesis of conservative thought is trying to interfere with other people's choices by using the govt- social conservatism is an oxymoron, IMO.

you wanna marry somebody with the same plumbing as you? mazel tov

you wanna go to church and chuck snakes and speak in tongues? Godspeed

none of my, or the govt's, business.

Eisenhower's presidential legacy is actually viewed as far more mixed now, than you might think. Iran and Vietnam are the big foreign policy issues that are cited, and there are a number of domestic issues as well. Still, Compared to recent gop/conservative presidents he is far and a way the best choice.

But something I noticed in your sigfile, the values that are described are actually classical LIBERAL values. And, that to me is funny. It's only in our country that we are forced to call them libertarian, and that's because the two parties have created a political system and culture that is far different than anywhere else in the developed world.

I honestly think if the 'true' conservatives were to take control of the GOP, and kick the religious and even social conservatives out (by that I mean remove ALL opposition to abortion, and maybe even take a hands off approach to gay marriage), and apply small government, fiscally prudent measures, stop domestic spying programs etc, then they might be able to get elected and hold power for quite some time. Of course, this would also involve major clawbacks and disarmament, and that fundamentally would alter America's place in the world with completely unknown results.

Ronald Reagan is still considered the best President we had in the 20th century. Proof of that was when he died. Americans--(republican, democrats, independents) lined the streets, some in tears. He was a great man, & he was a conservative. He was not a big spender, did not believe in big government, & believed that the American people could handle their money much better than the federal government.

Who does this sound like today? Answer: Sarah Palin! She is a true conservative.

McCain is a moderate. But since he is a moderate he will work much better across isles, which we have seen in the past. He's worked on bills with Hillary Clinton & Joe Biden--& is greatly respected by both. They both have stated (when they're not running against him) that he would make a great President.

Last edited:
Ronald Reagan is still considered the best President we had in the 20th century. Proof of that was when he died. Americans--(republican, democrats, independents) lined the streets, some in tears. He was a great man, & he was a conservative. He was not a big spender, did not believe in big government, & believed that the American people could handle their money much better than the federal government.

I've been trying VERY hard to hold my tongue since joining this board, but you're an ignorant fool. Most of this thread has been about how he racked up the debt, tripling it in the process. He was a HUGE spender.

It's conservatives like you who are completely detached from reality who have led to the problems we face today. It doesn't matter how many numbers, stats, studies etc are thrown at you, you can;t seem to get past blind/ignorant ideology.

ModernConservative - Blog

“Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.”—President Ronald Wilson Reagan

The United States is rapidly moving towards the 2008 national elections, ushering in a new era in politics. However, before opening a new chapter, it is necessary to first close the chapter on the old book, and reflect on the past eight years where the Republicans have held the Presidency, the House of Representatives, and the Senate for the majority of George W. Bush’s term in office. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, you need not look any further than my title to realize how I, as a conservative feel about the Bush years. Many conservatives, myself included got into the trap of believing that George W. Bush would serve the Republican party well, that he would be a president very similar to Reagan, in the same way that while they never connected with the elites, they both always connected well with the American people. Unfortunately, not only was President Bush not like Reagan, but he completely dismantled the Reagan legacy of conservatism for socially conservative, big government populism. Before we move forward, we must understand what we are moving forward from, which is the Bush years that were a complete failure for conservatism and for the Republican Party.

That was completely disingenuous! Regan was a warmongering, underhanded old shill. And McCain is mentally unstable. How can the two even be compared?:eusa_whistle:

What a shame we will never know how in how much better a place this country would be in now had Adlai Stevenson won.

Who does this sound like today? Answer: Sarah Palin! She is a true conservative.

McCain is a moderate. But since he is a moderate he will work much better across isles, which we have seen in the past. He's worked on bills with Hillary Clinton & Joe Biden--& is greatly respected by both. They both have stated (when they're not running against him) that he would make a great President.

Reagan was a con alright. A con man.

Forum List

Back