McCain V Obama

Do I believe a higher institution of higher learning would pass a person because of money? Yes

Does a big fat check and power to wield help greatly? Of course.

Then it is settled. You are a dumbass. This is why.

Universites don't decide grades. Professors do. Academc Professors don't care how much money your family has. When you get out of High School you will get this.

Now explain how the Air Force gave a 15 mllion dollar aircraft to a complte dumbass. Cause I bet flight school was tougher than Harvard.

Last edited:
No it's not. Do you care to explain to me then what great things Bush did in high school to get into one of the greatest colleges in the country?

I dont know but they dont just give mba's from harvard away, like missouri says.

so once again, how is obama going to bring about peace with the policy he has toward Iran?

so if the allies had agreed to go into iraq in 2002, it would make the invasion ethical?

you cant threaten a country like iran with nukes and bring about peace, i dont care how many countries he is able to dazzle.

Then it is settled. You are a dumbass. This is why.

Universites don't decide grades. Professors do. Academc Professors don't care how much money your family has. When you get out of High School you will get this.

Now explain how the Air Force gave a 15 mllion dollar aircraft to a complte dumbass. Cause I bet flight school was tougher than Harvard.

Some Academic Professors don't care how much money your family has.

But are you really going to sit there and be naive thinking that kids families can and do never pay off a university or college with money, a favor later on,etc at times?

NPR: Author: 'Rich White Kids' Get More College Breaks
Instead, Schmidt writes in The Boston Globe, research shows it's white teens who take advantage of "cash and connections." Schmidt, author of Color and Money: How Rich White Kids Are Winning the War Over College Affirmative Action, writes that researchers with access to colleges' admission data have found that "about 15 percent of freshmen enrolled at America's highly selective colleges are white teens who failed to meet their institutions' minimum admissions standards."

While some are athletes, a larger number are "students who gained admission through their ties to people the institution wanted to keep happy, with alumni, donors, faculty members, administrators, and politicians topping the list." (You can find many of the research papers showing how colleges admit students at Schmidt's blog.)

Even today it has a impact on ACCEPTANCE into the college in the first place.

And the Air force? He was accepted after scoring the lowest acceptable passing grade on the pilot's written aptitude test

George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ben Barnes, the former Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives and Lieutenant Governor of Texas, stated under oath that he had called the head of the Texas Air National Guard, Brig. Gen. James Rose, to recommend Bush for a pilot spot at the request of Bush family friend Sidney Adger.[5] Later, Barnes repeated these claims in an interview with CBS News on September 8, 2004.

Former Texas legislator Jake Johnson has stated that before General Rose died, Rose told him that he had been responsible for Bush's acceptance into the Guard. Both George W. Bush and his father have stated that they did not ask Adger to intercede and were unaware of any action he may have taken.

Legacy got him in, it did not help him pass.

Your right, Legacy did get him in.

JS Online: So, how did Bush get into Yale?

It's called a legacy preference, a long-standing policy used at many elite schools to allow the children of alumni to receive preferential treatment.

Overwhelmingly, the legacy preference favors white students.

One reason legacy preferences remain popular is because the practice pleases affluent alumni, who are more inclined to keep donating money when their kids keep getting admitted.

I have no problem with that. Life, as most of us learn around the age of 12, isn't always fair.

What's depressing, King talked about that fateful day when his four children would be judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

These days, some have perverted the meaning of that phrase to suggest it should be used to deny opportunity to deserving brown and black students.

But they never say anything about white kids getting into top schools because of who Mommy and Daddy are.

Like Bush.

:eusa_whistle:

Though really, a very interesting article.

Some Academic Professors don't care how much money your family has.

But are you really going to sit there and be naive thinking that kids families can and do never pay off a university or college with money, a favor later on,etc at times?

NPR: Author: 'Rich White Kids' Get More College Breaks

Even today it has a impact on ACCEPTANCE into the college in the first place.

And the Air force? He was accepted after scoring the lowest acceptable passing grade on the pilot's written aptitude test

George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he agreed about the acceptance, not about passing.

he agreed about the acceptance, not about passing.

I realize this, I just figured it was a nice article anyway for people to read.

Do you honestly believe that no College Professors or no Universities would tell College Professors to pass a student because of how many the family donates to the school or how much power they yield?

Do you honestly believe that no College Professors or no Universities would tell College Professors to pass a student because of how many the family donates to the school or how much power they yield?

youre right it was a total conspiracy. show me your building 7 video, while youre at it.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Never said it was a total conspiracy.

But to say it doesn't exist is quite ignorant on your part.

Never said it doesnt exist. you think bush is a moron and got thru harvard because of his dad;.

Never said it doesnt exist. you think bush is a moron and got thru harvard because of his dad;.

You mean Yale and I think his dad played a part.

He was a C student who admitted that social life took a front seat to his studies.

You mean Yale and I think his dad played a part.

He was a C student who admitted that social life took a front seat to his studies.

Cs at harvard and yale used to be like a's everywhere else. before they started grade inflation.

Maybe some podunk school, but Harvard and Yale. No way. Besides the man is President and not popular among academic types. Something would have come out by now. Someone would have blown the whistle.

I still contend that if you think Harvard gave an advanced degree to someone who did not qualify, then you are a dumbass. Hopefully you will grow out of it. ;)

so if the allies had agreed to go into iraq in 2002, it would make the invasion ethical?

you cant threaten a country like iran with nukes and bring about peace, i dont care how many countries he is able to dazzle.

Wrong.

Obama is smart, charismatic, and persuasive.

He will be able to gain support for our goals abroad.

Forum List

Back