McCain the elitist

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous Guru to the rescue:
In an early morning phone call Friday from his fabulous crib in Las Vegas, Leach told The Times that he isn’t really surprised at McCain's odd memory lapse given the complex lives that the super-rich lead.

"He probably was confused as to which homes are in his name, his wife's name, or corporate names," Leach explained in his familiar, deep British baritone. "In his attempt to be honest, he put his foot in his mouth."

Robin Leach on the lifestyles of the rich and political -- John McCain | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Sigh. Look up the definition of elitist. He is one. What's funny is he doesn't even know how many homes he owns.

Ravi, I POSTED THE DEFINITION OF ELITISM. OWNING HOMES OR HAVING MONEY IS NOWHERE IN THE DEFINITION.

I suggest you look it up.

$400,000 a year is upper middle class, is it?

Jesus I'm even poorer than I thought I was, then.

No wait a minute...no, I'm as poor as I thought I was.

It's just that the upper middle class are one hell of a lot richer than I thought they were, using that standard.

As I watch the middle class erode, I see it becoming a binary income system.

Maine seems to have two tpes of jobs now...those offering more than $100K +, and those paying less than $25,000.

I note, for example that Physician Assistants are now making about $90,000.

Now Go check out Maine's state employment website and see that 75% of the jobs are in the medical field...mostly nurses and medical techies.

What kind of society can one make from that?

An aging one on its way down, I guess.

17% of american GDP is now medical, folks.

that's just not a healthy society, and I am NOT talking bout the people's health I'm talking about the economy's health.

I'd say they were upper middle class. Not in McCain's range.

Obama's household income was over $4,000,000 last year. That is clearly NOT middle class. All but 4 House members and every Senate member has a greater than $1,000,000 net worth. Most are in excess of $10,000,000, including Pelosi and Reed....

NO national politician of either party is a "normal" citizen. They are all wealthy, and ALL live in a bubble and have very little day to day contact or connection with the average citizen. All the things we do to maintain our households every day....they have their "people" do for them.

It is highly doubtful in the last year that either McCain or Obama:

1) Mowed their own lawn
2) Picked up or took a kid or grandkid up from or to school or ball practice
3) Cooked a meal for themselves....and cleaned it up
4) Took out the trash
5) Filled up their own car
6) Drove themselves to work and back
7) Paid their own bills, or balanced their own checkbook

Last edited:
I ask myself all the time...is it money that brings success or success that brings money? When it comes to politics...those from wealth impress me a lot less than those that earned it on their own. And I dont count taking daddy's money to invest in oil & making your "own money" as making it on your own.

Hey sheep do you think for one second that Obama or Biden aren't elitist? They both are! They all are! Answer me this sheep. How many years did these guys serve? How many wars did they fight? How many of you have million dollar homes? Hell the list goes on and on and i just don't want to waste the time. JM is an elitist but so is every other "elected official"!

Forum List

Back