McCain Takes South Carolina Primary

I think you are dreaming if you think Nevada was won because of the Mormon vote. More than 3/4ths of the electorate was non-mormon. that means at most 25% mormon. He still overwhelmingly won the non-mormon vote.

He isnt running on religion. And he is still the only candidate in the race who hasnt been beaten by Ron Paul.

I'm not saying he's running on religion. Haven't YET.

You can't argue though, that his religion being brought up by the media for the past year has persuaded many religious people to look his way.

That Romney is the most prosperous of the Republicans, as far as the actual republican support base is concerned, is questionable at best, and PERPLEXING at worst.

What exactly is Republican about this guy besides his voting registration?

I'm not saying he's running on religion. Haven't YET.

You can't argue though, that his religion being brought up by the media for the past year has persuaded many religious people to look his way.

That Romney is the most prosperous of the Republicans, as far as the actual republican support base is concerned, is questionable at best, and PERPLEXING at worst.

What exactly is Republican about this guy besides his voting registration?

Romney is a slick media primped politician. I don't care if Joseph Smith, Moroni, and Jesus Christ are carrying his guidon. I still don't trust him.

With Thompson out, the only verifiable Constitutionalist with "conservative" credentials is Paul.

Mitt Romney 22,649 51% 17
Ron Paul 6,087 14% 4
John McCain 5,651 13% 4

Mike Huckabee 3,616 8% 2
Fred Thompson 3,521 8% 2
Rudy Giuliani 1,910 4% 1
Duncan Hunter 890 2% 1

Ron Paul Can Beat Hillary Clinton
Only Ron Paul can beat Hillary, so says Gambling911.com Special Contributor, Jennifer Reynolds. Hillary Clinton remains the even favorite to become the next US President.

"All the Republicans I have spoken to would vote for Hillary Clinton if they were not happy with their own party nomination," Tyrone Black of Gambling911.com stated. Black is an active member of the Republican party in his home state of New York.

And just as Republicans would be willing to vote for Hillary, so too would Democrats be willing to vote for Ron Paul.

This became a hot button issue here at Gambling911.com following Reynolds piece regarding new voting rules particularly with the controversy surrounding New Hampshire.

http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-Hillary-Clinton-091007.html

I can promise if the choice in November is McCain or Hillary, I will vote Hillary. And I suspect other republicans will too, Why vote in a liberal with an R after their name when you can vote in a liberal with a D and after they fuck everything up point and laugh in 2012?

I can promise if the choice in November is McCain or Hillary, I will vote Hillary. And I suspect other republicans will too, Why vote in a liberal with an R after their name when you can vote in a liberal with a D and after they fuck everything up point and laugh in 2012?

And YOU talk about people needing meds... Holy shit, dude.

Point and laugh? There's nothing funny about this country getting any more fucked in the ass then it already is. Who the fuck cares what PARTY gets blamed?

Do you have any offspring? Anybody at all related to you that is young, and will have to inherit the steaming pile of horse shit that this country is turning into?

Hillary will do a fine job if she gets in. Hell, I think even Obama will...

From a purely neutral point - being a dern foreigner and all - it would be best if McCain gets in because we are headed for a recession. Of course if Obama or Hills get in they'll be blamed even though it started under Bush's watch...

Hillary will do a fine job if she gets in. Hell, I think even Obama will...

From a purely neutral point - being a dern foreigner and all - it would be best if McCain gets in because we are headed for a recession. Of course if Obama or Hills get in they'll be blamed even though it started under Bush's watch...

Dr Grump, with all due respect man, McCain couldn't balance a simple check book, let alone the US budget. None of these candidates knows how to save the country from a recession.

Recessions are SUPPOSED to be a natural cleansing of unbalanced free markets. They are unavoidable, and if left alone, the market will straighten itself out naturally. There's no need to be intervening, cutting interest rates, printing more money, borrowing more money, and LEAST OF ALL, no need to be giving it to the most financially irresponsible people on the planet - The American People, a la the 150+ Billion dollar "stimulus package".

I just get more depressed the more primaries that guy wins. Is it just me or does he remind you of Burt Reynolds' character from "Striptease" ?:eusa_think:

Romney is a slick media primped politician. I don't care if Joseph Smith, Moroni, and Jesus Christ are carrying his guidon. I still don't trust him.

With Thompson out, the only verifiable Constitutionalist with "conservative" credentials is Paul.

I don't trust him either. Hes got a certain swagger that makes me look at him like some kind of Hollywood puppet.

Dr Grump, with all due respect man, McCain couldn't balance a simple check book, let alone the US budget. None of these candidates knows how to save the country from a recession.

Recessions are SUPPOSED to be a natural cleansing of unbalanced free markets. They are unavoidable, and if left alone, the market will straighten itself out naturally. There's no need to be intervening, cutting interest rates, printing more money, borrowing more money, and LEAST OF ALL, no need to be giving it to the most financially irresponsible people on the planet - The American People, a la the 150+ Billion dollar "stimulus package".

Maybe that is true. That will not stop the repubs blaming an incumbant Dem pres for the problem. I think the two dem candidates are gonna destory each other and McCain might sneak in under the radar!

Anti-McCain vets ready salvo against Senator's presidential campaign Michael Roston
Published: Friday March 9, 2007

Two familiar faces will soon be dogging Senator John McCain on the campaign trail, as activist Vietnam Veterans Jerry Kiley and Ted Sampley resume a campaign they have conducted for years against the Arizona Republican and former prisoner of war.

Jerry Kiley filed papers last week to establish the nonpartisan group Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain. "When people truly get to know him, there's no possibility they'll consider him for president of the United States," says Kiley, who served in the Army and completed the Internal Revenue Service paperwork to establish the "527" group.

RAW STORY spoke last week with Kiley, as well as Ted Sampley, a North Carolina-based publisher who has been harshly criticizing McCain for more than 10 years. Sampley teamed up with Kiley in 2004 to found a similar group that targeted Senator John Kerry as he ran for president. They see McCain as an apologist for Vietnam's Communist government who sold out fellow POWs and servicemen missing in action from America's lengthy war in Southeast Asia.

"We know him best because we've dealt with him over the years, and we know how he's acted," Kiley said. "We're taking no salaries, we do this voluntarily, and every penny will go into defeating him."

Kiley is no stranger to political controversy. He was found not guilty in 2005 of intimidating a foreign official, when he threw a glass of wine at visiting Vietnamese Prime Minister Phan Van Khai's chair during a dinner. In 2003, he was ejected from a women's college basketball game for confronting a player, Toni Smith of Manhattanville College, who refused to face the American flag during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Kiley will be raising money to pay for an informational website and to produce television and radio advertisements targeting McCain as he competes in the crowded field for the Republican nomination for president in 2008.

"We will expose how McCain has supported the brutal and repressive Communist regime in Vietnam," the Garnerville, New York-based activist said. "You have to ask why a man who was a POW would support this regime?"

Kiley will be working with Sampley, who produces the newspaper and website US Veteran Dispatch and served in the Army in Vietnam. The two worked together on the website Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry, which they claim registered 20 million hits in 2004. He also speaks harshly of McCain on POW/MIA issues.

"He led the way on normalizing relations with Vietnam, and it took away all our leverage on prisoner of war issues," Sampley said. "McCain has proudly touted for years that he and Kerry were saviors of the POW issue, but he's really the betrayer of the issue."

Sampley has also long hammered away at McCain's mental state and argues that his experience in a Vietnamese POW camp makes him unfit to serve as president.

"The Chinese and Soviets, the Communist Vietnamese, they had sole control over him, they know more about him than the American people or than he knows about himself," Sampley asserted. "He's done somethings that they're holding over his head, and with how that affects a man, should he really be president?"

Kiley also suggested that McCain had problems controlling his temper and challenged the senator's sincerity in his current presidential campaign.

"Our basic message is that he's a wolf in sheep's clothing, and he pretends to be something he's not," he said. "He pretends to be a conservative Republican but he's not the man that people have projected onto him

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/AntiMcCain_vets_ready_their_salvo_against_0302.html

What the hell is wrong with you erots? You are perverse using that photo for an avatar.

What the hell is wrong with you erots? You are perverse using that photo for an avatar.

no its perverse to ignore it...

Every time I look at those children, I ask myself first, 'What crime have those children committed?'"

Iraq's new crisis: Moms, dads abandoning kids

Hakki says Red Crescent has the monumental task of treating and feeding more than 1.6 million children under the age of 12 who have become homeless in their own country. That's roughly 70 percent of the estimated 2.3 million Iraqis who are homeless inside Iraq.

"It shook me like hell," said Hakki, the president of the Iraqi Red Crescent. "All my life I've been a surgeon. I've seen blood; I've seen death. That never shook me -- none whatsoever. But when I see the suffering of those people, that really shook me."

The plight of Iraq's children is nearing epidemic proportions, he said, with mothers and fathers abandoning their children "because they're becoming a liability." The parents don't do it out of convenience, they do it out of desperation. Watch the plight of Iraq's children »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/11/09/iraq.children/index.html

Forum List

Back