McCain takes credit for deal

No one makes $10,000 a year and pays taxes. I used to make $30,000 a year and never paid taxes. Bush's tax cut of 5% on the bottom did diddly squat. And I didn't say that Bush's tax cuts didn't do anything. McCain's tax cuts won't.

It was Gramm who was the architect of that bill. Gramm, being McCain's economic advisor.

Show me McCain's tax cut plan, and not the one that came out of Obama's mouth.

First of all, you pay taxes out of your paycheck. Unless you declare yourself an independent, which almost no one does, you get about 25% of your paycheck taken out. At the end of the year, you get your W2 form and you see "I paid $2500 in taxes" go to an accountant who says "Nope, you should've only paid $1000 in taxes" and you get a $1500 tax return.

I was in high school when Clinton was president, and I was paying taxes in the first bracket. The second bracket is much lower now, too.

I think it's past your bedtime.

Aww, poor elvis. He's been having his pity party all over the board all day and now he resorts to the same old GOP tactic; if you can't deflect your opponent's message then resort to attacking their character.

$pityparty.jpg

Nice try though, you can call me whatever childish name you like but at the end of the day I'm still right.

And I know that will keep you up at night, wide awake. ;) :badgrin:

Aww, poor elvis. He's been having his pity party all over the board all day and now he resorts to the same old GOP tactic; if you can't deflect your opponent's message then resort to attacking their character.

View attachment 5970

Nice try though, you can call me whatever childish name you like but at the end of the day I'm still right.

And I know that will keep you up at night, wide awake. ;) :badgrin:

First off, I am not the GOP. If you had bothered to read my post instead of insulting me, you would have known that. Do you really think you are right all the time? Nothing you have ever posted on this board has been incorrect or biased? What message of yours was I supposed to deflect? The one about me staying up all night because of your candidate?

First off, I am not the GOP. If you had bothered to read my post instead of insulting me, you would have known that. Do you really think you are right all the time? Nothing you have ever posted on this board has been incorrect or biased? What message of yours was I supposed to deflect? The one about me staying up all night because of your candidate?

I said you resorted to a GOP tactic, read it again. The English Language does not have a Liberal bias.

Do I think I'm right all the time? No

And if I post something biased, it's in a joking/sarcastic manner.

I always try to get sources before I post something so it won't be incorrect.

But you've been having a pity party around this board all day about how Obama is ahead and things look bleak for Mumbles.

That's the point you were suppose to deflect but you can't because it's true.

Again, if you felt your argument about why you were right was so good then you wouldn't of resorted to the old line used by many members of the right wing here; "it's past your bedtime".

If you act like a right winger, then guess what you get labeled as?

Bush increased taxes more than any president in American history.

Deficit spending is an invisible tax.

I said you resorted to a GOP tactic, read it again. The English Language does not have a Liberal bias.

Do I think I'm right all the time? No

And if I post something biased, it's in a joking/sarcastic manner.

I always try to get sources before I post something so it won't be incorrect.

But you've been having a pity party around this board all day about how Obama is ahead and things look bleak for Mumbles.

That's the point you were suppose to deflect but you can't because it's true.

Again, if you felt your argument about why you were right was so good then you wouldn't of resorted to the old line used by many members of the right wing here; "it's past your bedtime".

If you act like a right winger, then guess what you get labeled as?

You think left wingers don't resort to name calling or other tactics? I have seen it a number of times.
I am supposed to deflect an argument from whom? Myself? I said Obama is ahead. How do I deflect that? Facts are facts. I don't want him to win. What, am I supposed to do?
I said it was past your bedtime because you were taunting me about it keeping me up all night. tit for tat.

You think left wingers don't resort to name calling or other tactics? I have seen it a number of times.
I am supposed to deflect an argument from whom? Myself? I said Obama is ahead. How do I deflect that? Facts are facts. I don't want him to win. What, am I supposed to do?
I said it was past your bedtime because you were taunting me about it keeping me up all night. tit for tat.

You were the one who was acting like it's the end of the world.

You were begging for such a remark to be made and I took the opening.

Tit for tat would be me calling you too unintelligent or having no common sense.

And as I said, you can't deflect the facts so YOU resort to name calling.

I don't care what other Liberals do on this board for the most part if it isn't affecting me because it isn't my business. Just because some Liberals do it, doesn't mean it's okay for you to do so.

Fighting fire with fire only creates a bigger fire.

You were the one who was acting like it's the end of the world.

You were begging for such a remark to be made and I took the opening.

Tit for tat would be me calling you too unintelligent or having no common sense.

And as I said, you can't deflect the facts so YOU resort to name calling.

I don't care what other Liberals do on this board for the most part if it isn't affecting me because it isn't my business. Just because some Liberals do it, doesn't mean it's okay for you to do so.

Fighting fire with fire only creates a bigger fire.

What name did I call you? Is bedtime a name?
I have no common sense because I responded in a smart-ass way to a smart-ass remark?
How was I begging for that remark?

What name did I call you? Is bedtime a name?
I have no common sense because I responded in a smart-ass way to a smart-ass remark?
How was I begging for that remark?

1.) It wasn't a name, the bedtime comment in general.

2.) I never said you didn't have no common sense, but I was stating I could say something like that.

3.) By having your pity party all over this board and no faith in your candidate. When John McCain was up in the polls and the right wing were practically burying his campaign chances I didn't give up.

It's not the end of the world and the sky is not falling.

(Though it will if McCain/Palin get elected. :razz:)

1.) It wasn't a name, the bedtime comment in general.

2.) I never said you didn't have no common sense, but I was stating I could say something like that.

3.) By having your pity party all over this board and no faith in your candidate. When John McCain was up in the polls and the right wing were practically burying his campaign chances I didn't give up.

It's not the end of the world and the sky is not falling.

(Though it will if McCain/Palin get elected. :razz:)

He's not really my candidate. My candidate isn't going to be on the ballot.

Try to imagine, if you will, that George Bush could be re-elected and he were five to eight points ahead after Obama clearly beat him in a debate. Would you be saying "Shucky darn?"

He's not really my candidate. My candidate isn't going to be on the ballot.

Try to imagine, if you will, that George Bush could be re-elected and he were five to eight points ahead after Obama clearly beat him in a debate. Would you be saying "Shucky darn?"

A.) I don't think McCain clearly beat Obama in the debate.

B.) Obama was down in the polls to McCain by about five at one point.

C.) Who's your candidate then?

A.) I don't think McCain clearly beat Obama in the debate.

B.) Obama was down in the polls to McCain by about five at one point.

C.) Who's your candidate then?

A.) McCain brought up things that the voters don't agree with. So in that sense, it wasn't a clear victory. But it seemed Obama was defending himself most of the time, which in past elections meant trouble. Obama telling McCain he was right was very foolish. It may be cordial and some may respect that, but it's usually a no-no.

B.) McCain got the typical bounce from the convention, which somehow, Obama didn't get. I am not one moved by speeches but most people are. Obama's was one of the best I have ever heard. I would rank only JFK's Berlin speech higher (even I was moved by that one). There was RFK when he had to tell the crowd in Indy that MLK had been killed, but that wasn't really a speech.

C.) Of the people who ran, Ron Paul was my candidate. His views line up with mine more than any of the others.

Forum List

Back