McCain takes credit for deal

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
If McCain is given and accepts credit for the deal, should he then be given and accept credit for the deal failing?

AFP: McCain camp claims credit over bailout changes
“This bill would not have been agreed to had it not been for John McCain. … But, you know, this is a bipartisan accomplishment, a bipartisan success. And if people want to get something done in Washington, they just watch John McCain.” — Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, 9/29/08

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyFRFAGeJys]YouTube - John McCain's chief strategist on McCain's influence[/ame]
“Earlier in the week, when Senator McCain came back to Washington, there had been no deal reached. … What Senator McCain was able to do was to help bring all the parties to the table, including the House Republicans.” — Senior adviser Steve Schmidt, 9/28/08

Think Progress Graham on bailout negotiations: ‘You can’t phone something like this in.’
“But here are the facts, and I’m not overselling anything. The fact is that the House Republicans were not in the mix at all. John didn’t phone this one in. He came and actually did something. … You can’t phone something like this in. Thank God John came back.” — Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), 9/28/08

McCain Aide Claims Credit For Deal, Says "We're Going Into A Debate"
“Before John McCain suspended his campaign yesterday, the situation that we’re looking at today looked very different then. After he showed leadership and called for bipartisanship, for us to partisanship aside and tackle this solution head on, here we are.” — Spokesman Tucker Bounds, 9/25/08

Today, John McCain blamed Barak Obama for the bill failing.
http://www.newsroomamerica.com/leadstory/story.php?id=432882

Last edited:
Give him credit either way.

Credit for what? He didn't do anything. I'm just trying to show people that McCain did absolutely nothing to help this deal. Now that the crisis is worse, is he suspending his campaign yet again to go back to Washington and re-broker this deal? How come everyone is meeting on Wednesday and Thursday to get this deal back together and McCain isn't anywhere to be found and all he's doing is blaming Obama?

McCain fake suspended his campaign to work on the deal, then took credit for the deal that didn't get done, and then blamed Obama for the fact that the House Republicans did not vote for the deal.

Ay Caramba!

Credit for what? He didn't do anything. I'm just trying to show people that McCain did absolutely nothing to help this deal. Now that the crisis is worse, is he suspending his campaign yet again to go back to Washington and re-broker this deal? How come everyone is meeting on Wednesday and Thursday to get this deal back together and McCain isn't anywhere to be found and all he's doing is blaming Obama?

Give him credit so the polls turn around.

Any way they can make McCain look like a hero is a good thing.

Let me just ask you this: You want to give McCain credit for doing absolutely nothing just so he can win the most important position in the world and be responsible for the world's largest supply of nuclear warheads? That's kind of cheating, isn't it? Give McCain credit for doing absolutely nothing. Is your candidate so pathetic that that's the only way you think he can win, by lying/cheating???

What happened to conservative values?

Any way they can make McCain look like a hero is a good thing.

I want Obama to lose by all means necessary.

You sound like Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary with the kitchen sink techinque.

Your biased form and blinded by certain party ideals is showing.

Let me just ask you this: You want to give McCain credit for doing absolutely nothing just so he can win the most important position in the world and be responsible for the world's largest supply of nuclear warheads? That's kind of cheating, isn't it? Give McCain credit for doing absolutely nothing. Is your candidate so pathetic that that's the only way you think he can win, by lying/cheating???

What happened to conservative values?

No, I don't really want McCain to win by cheating. I am frustrated because McCain won that debate the other night, and yet the country thinks he lost. I cannot understand the attraction to Obama.
The democrats have given Obama credit for absolutely nothing for two years now. The democrats want to give the most important position in the world to someone who has very limited experience. How many times have democrats given Obama credit for absolutely nothing, or made excuses for him?

No, I don't really want McCain to win by cheating. I am frustrated because McCain won that debate the other night, and yet the country thinks he lost. I cannot understand the attraction to Obama.
The democrats have given Obama credit for absolutely nothing for two years now. The democrats want to give the most important position in the world to someone who has very limited experience. How many times have democrats given Obama credit for absolutely nothing, or made excuses for him?

He's black--it's a habit they can't break.

You sound like Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary with the kitchen sink techinque.

Your biased form and blinded by certain party ideals is showing.

And you are not biased? How many excuses have you made for Obama on here?
For the record, I am not partisan at all. I have voted in three presidential elections and voted three different ways. If I begged all of you to pigeon-hole me, it couldn't be done.
I just don't want Obama to win and I am frustrated.

Ha.Ha.--How many times have we seen democrats running in front of microphones & T.V. cameras--stating--"We have a deal, "We have a deal, "We have a deal."
I can count at least 3 or 4 times.

I saw them patting each other on the back the other night at midnight. Who was there. Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Criss Dodd & Barney Franks--LOL

I guess they forgot to ask the congress. 1/3 of house republicans voted against this bill ALONG with 96 house DEMOCRATS. Democrats could have easily passed this bill, they only needed another 11 votes.

Last edited:

How do you know he isn't planning on joining them on Wed. or Thurs?

And you are not biased? How many excuses have you made for Obama on here?
For the record, I am not partisan at all. I have voted in three presidential elections and voted three different ways. If I begged all of you to pigeon-hole me, it couldn't be done.
I just don't want Obama to win and I am frustrated.

I think your "frustration" is felt by all of us. Be we McCain supporters or Obama supporters .... this is going to be one bumpy ride for all of us in the next four years ... so we either get used to it or start packing. I for one am not ready to move to Canada or anyplace else .......... yet. :eusa_pray:

I guess so. Cause I must have missed something ... where being "black" should have anything to do with anything. So ............> :confused:

How many times have democrats given blacks credit for absolutely nothing, or made excuses for them?

there--changed a few words to help you

Forum List

Back