McCain takes Ambien?

Okay, show me the stats that say younger people are more likely to get addicted to drugs, legal or otherwise.

And then define legal, because I'm sure Rushbo has a different definition than I do.

Results from the 2006 NSDUH: National Findings, SAMHSA, OAS

Fig2-3.gif

What table does this coincide with?

I give up. I really don't think you can read.

Is it so hard to scroll down until you see the table? I WAS nice enough to at least pull the table from the site for you to reference.

Or, there's always the axes labels on the table. Of course, that would require you to read, which we've already determined isn't your strong suit.

It says percent using, it doesn't say percent using what...oh, and there are a boat load of charts on what you linked to.

It doesn't matter WHAT they are using. They are labeled as "illicit" drugs.

There is only one chart on that whole page that matches the chart I linked. So, not only can you not read, but you also can't compare two charts and see if they match?

My God, no wonder you support abortion. I wouldn't want anymore of you running around either.

FUCK, read the GODDAMN article.

The National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) obtains information on nine different categories of illicit drug use: use of marijuana, cocaine, heroin, hallucinogens, and inhalants; and the nonmedical use of prescription-type pain relievers, tranquilizers, stimulants, and sedatives.

Now, do you need me to hold your hand while you cross the street? Or are you capable of doing that on your own?

Sigh, but which chart did that go with? All drugs or just one or what? Why can't you answer a question, for chrissakes?

You know, I'm not really concerned with what kind of drugs McInsane takes, nor am I concerned that he may be addicted to sleeping pills.

I AM concerned with his voting record (he voted down a bill to help out fellow veterans), I'm concerned with his willingness to commit to another war as well as keep us in Iraq for another 100 years. I'm also kinda concerned with his connections to Bush Jr., oil companies, big business and the fact that most of his policies suck ass hard.

I'm also kinda concerned about the political flip-flops over the past couple of years (remember the Falwell incidents)?

Nope......McSame is just another 4 years of the current Chimp in Charge. Hopefully someday soon the earth will just open up under his feet and swallow him whole. He's in terrible shape, kinda senile, and stupid as hell, as evidenced by the many speeches that I've watched this doddering old fool do.

Nope....no way, no how, no McCain.

It goes with the chart about "illicit drug use." Hence, my providing a definition of "illicit drug use." It's Figure 2.3. It's not that hard to find.

I'm done with this. Read it yourself.

Was that so freaking difficult?

Okay, younger people abuse illicit drugs more than older people, percentage wise. Now, what about the abuse of legal, yet addictive, drugs?

The reason I ask is my first job was a waitress at a "assisted living facility" and those old people were always ON something. In fact, many of my coworkers ripped them off for drugs on a regular basis.

Not that I begrudge the elderly their recreational activities. But I wouldn't want one of the one's using as POTUS.

It goes with the chart about "illicit drug use." Hence, my providing a definition of "illicit drug use." It's Figure 2.3. It's not that hard to find.

I'm done with this. Read it yourself.

You seem unduly stressed by a simple request. Perhaps you use a tranquilizer or two?

Was Now, what about the abuse of legal, yet addictive, drugs?

:banghead:

For the second time:

The National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) obtains information on nine different categories of illicit drug use: use of marijuana, cocaine, heroin, hallucinogens, and inhalants; and the nonmedical use of prescription-type pain relievers, tranquilizers, stimulants, and sedatives.

heh, okay, you win that one.

Now, why would you be happy to have a POTUS that takes addictive drugs that can cause sleepwalking, hallucinations, etc.?

heh, okay, you win that one.

Now, why would you be happy to have a POTUS that takes addictive drugs that can cause sleepwalking, hallucinations, etc.?

Because, as someone who takes the same LEGAL drug and experiences no side effects, I have no reason to doubt his judgment based on his sleep patterns. I also have no reason to believe he's addicted to it.

Reagan is hailed as one of the greatest Presidents in history, and he was two years younger than McCain is now, 27 years ago. So, in essence, Reagan was probably mentally and physically older than McCain, because of medical and lifestyle improvements over the last 27 years.

BTW, I take Ambien. I've never woken up drowsy or suffered hallucinations. I'm also not taking Ambien with Phenergan (which also causes drowsiness) while drinking alcohol and trying to drive, like Patrick Kennedy. And neither is McCain.

Kennedy was also known for an addiction to OxyContin and cocaine. You really wanna compare that to McCain? Go ahead.

"I don't remember signing that?" And he actually didn't remember.

Iran-Contra....yup...

Just out of curiosity jsanders, how do you know that McWorse "has no side effects"? Are you his doctor, or if not, do you have access to all of his medical charts? My answer would be no, so therefore, your statement is ridiculous as well as blatantly false.

I guess a sleep-walking, addled and deluded POTUS suffering from hallucinations is nothing to be concerned about. Of course, it was a scandal when Patrick Kennedy was hopped up on Ambien, but he's a Dem of course, and only a senator, not someone answering a call at 3 AM.

btw, I have a few great aunts and uncles that are older than McCain and they think he's too old to be POTUS.

Yes, well, if they're anything like you, Ravi, that doesn't mean much. Apparently you guys start going senile in your teens.

Forum List

Back