McCain Supports Bringing Back the Draft

Mr. President

BOARD PRESIDENT..carry on
Aug 22, 2008
Draft or not the bottom line is there are people who need to be killed and people willing to kill them. Democrats have a lets get attacked first so we can use dead Americans to justify going to war mentality. Republicans say lets go to war and justify the death of Soldiers with the Lives of the innocent. The problem isnt the draft the problem is people are more scared of killing then they are of dying. If the majority of Americans thought that way we'd be France.

Draft or not the bottom line is there are people who need to be killed and people willing to kill them. Democrats have a lets get attacked first so we can use dead Americans to justify going to war mentality. Republicans say lets go to war and justify the death of Soldiers with the Lives of the innocent. The problem isnt the draft the problem is people are more scared of killing then they are of dying. If the majority of Americans thought that way we'd be France.

What simplistic idiocy.

The lessons of Iraq are clear. You cannot undertake a war that requires extended occupation and nation-building with a force designed for quick, high-impact, "lightening" warfare. We had the perfect force structure for invasion and overthrow of Sadaam. We had the worst possible force structure for rest of the campaign. And we still do.

If you intend on overthrowing AND nation-building, you need a draft because that requires hundreds of thousands "police-action" level troops. If you are just going to inject forces to stop aggression (Kosovo and PG I) and then leave, or invade, topple, and leave, we've got the perfect structure for that.

The lessons of Iraq are clear. You cannot undertake a war that requires extended occupation and nation-building with a force designed for quick, high-impact, "lightening" warfare. We had the perfect force structure for invasion and overthrow of Sadaam. We had the worst possible force structure for rest of the campaign. And we still do.

If you intend on overthrowing AND nation-building, you need a draft because that requires hundreds of thousands "police-action" level troops. If you are just going to inject forces to stop aggression (Kosovo and PG I) and then leave, or invade, topple, and leave, we've got the perfect structure for that.

Gee, US troops ARE still in Kosovo, hell they're still in Persian Gulf and have been since '92.

Zoomie 1980 we dont need more American troops in Iraq we need more Iraqi police.

Editec - I understand your need to lash out at me because i so simply summed up the cowardly ambitions of your party. Carry on.

Zoomie 1980 we dont need more American troops in Iraq we need more Iraqi police.

Editec - I understand your need to lash out at me because i so simply summed up the cowardly ambitions of your party. Carry on.

Spoken like a person who has never been to Iraq! So tell me how are the police doing in Iraq? What are the major tribal councils in say, oh, Wasit province? What are the major issues going on in Iraq?

Really because I will be coming back from Victory late next year. My opinion we need more of them so there can be less of us. Dang Im sorry i just shot your high horse.

Back to the OP, false as it is, I think a Draft is a great idea. Everyone should serve two years minimum. Only the best get to go overseas and fight. The rest will provide support, just like we used to do before we sourced all that to contractors.

Forum List

Back