McCain Still Afraid of Debate Even After Agreement Reached

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Wuss.... Can you imagine the whining that the rabid right would be doing if Obama was the one refusing to debate? RAFLMAO! :clap2:

McCain optimistic at news of agreement in principle, no change in debate status

By LIZ SIDOTI
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- John McCain's campaign expressed cautious optimism Thursday as congressional Republicans and Democrats agreed in principle on a $700 billion bailout of the financial industry hours before the two presidential candidates were to meet with President Bush on the crisis.

Even so, the action didn't appear to be strong enough to convince McCain to attend Friday's scheduled presidential debate. His campaign has said he wouldn't participate unless there was consensus between Congress and the administration, and a spokesman said the afternoon developments had not changed his plans.

"There's no deal until there's a deal. We're optimistic but we want to get this thing done," McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said.

Obama still wants the face-off to go on, and is slated to travel to the debate site in Mississippi on Friday.

The Observer-Dispatch - Utica, NY 13501 - The Observer-Dispatch

Wuss.... Can you imagine the whining that the rabid right would be doing if Obama was the one refusing to debate? RAFLMAO! :clap2:

No agreement has been reached. Only an agreement on "principals". That being said I would place money that the agreement is wrapped by tomorrow morning and the debate goes on as scheduled. By the way you notice how quickly the bailout is now being worked out since McCain's announcement?

You want something to really worry about? Dems and Bush work out deal. Obama votes for it. McCain votes against it.

McCain is playing Obama, Reid and Pelosi like a Stradivarius.

No agreement has been reached. Only an agreement on "principals". That being said I would place money that the agreement is wrapped by tomorrow morning and the debate goes on as scheduled. By the way you notice how quickly the bailout is now being worked out since McCain's announcement?

You want something to really worry about? Dems and Bush work out deal. Obama votes for it. McCain votes against it.

sssssssssshhh, they cannot let facts get in the way!!

You seriously believe McCain is afraid of debating foreign policy and national security with Obama?

He's pretty much got no choice now. If you'd watched the polls, the majority of Americans wanted the debates to happen regardless of McCain's grandstanding. He knows he'll look like a coward, or a tired old man, if he doesn't attend.

Perhaps this explains why Gallup has it a tie and Battleground has McCain+1.

No and it wouldn't surprise me that McCain knew that his actions would increase viewership by millions.

That's because it was all a part of McCain's strategy.

He will come back and do the debates...gaining more viewers in light of his halting of the campaign to go deal with the current crisis..

and if he takes the debates..which will probably happen considering it is in his area of expertise...

he will probably start gaining a significant lead..

That's because it was all a part of McCain's strategy.

He will come back and do the debates...gaining more viewers in light of his halting of the campaign to go deal with the current crisis..

and if he takes the debates..which will probably happen considering it is in his area of expertise...

he will probably start gaining a significant lead..

You really believe that BS?

Be careful... all that spining gonna make you dizzy.

And they are playing you like a fiddle, sucker.

I wonder who is going to vote on the $700 bailout because they should be considered conspirators. If they are democrats, they'll get a past by their pundits.

Something to worry about, anything Bush/McCain has their hands into!:eusa_whistle:

If you seriously think McCain is afraid to debate foreign policy and national security issues (the topic of the first debate) with a FRESHMAN Senator with just a few months on the job before running for President and needs 300 foreign policy advisors when that should tell you what a serious lack of knowledge and expertise he really has -you need to check back into reality.

well well well, here we are late into the afternoon and the title of this thread still has not come true..

my oh my oh my

If you seriously think McCain is afraid to debate foreign policy and national security issues (the topic of the first debate) with a FRESHMAN Senator with just a few months on the job before running for President and needs 300 foreign policy advisors when that should tell you what a serious lack of knowledge and expertise he really has -you need to check back into reality.

The Freshman Senator is way smarter than he is. And the Freshman Senator knows the difference between Shi'a and Sunni... and the Freshman Senator is much more appealing and charismatic.

Damn right I think he's afraid.

But more than that, I'm not convinced it's McCain they want to keep away from the debates cause if there's not enough time to do all the presidential and VP debates, then whose debate gets bumped? Could it be Sawah Bawwacuda? Now THAT debate McCain's got to be terrified of.

Could be... eh?

Forum List

Back