McCain says baseball can't be trusted

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_y...-?slug=ap-steroids-congress&prov=ap&type=lgns

I say McCain can't be trusted. First, he pushes his encumbant protection act. Then he says all politicians including himself are corrupt and liars. (although i cant disagree with that one) Now he says baseball cant be trusted?

Anyone else starting to think McCain might have some mental problems caused by his POW days? Seriously, Congress has no business in baseball unless they want to watch the game. McCain has got to get over these petty issues if he ever wants to be a serious contender for President.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_y...-?slug=ap-steroids-congress&prov=ap&type=lgns

I say McCain can't be trusted. First, he pushes his encumbant protection act. Then he says all politicians including himself are corrupt and liars. (although i cant disagree with that one) Now he says baseball cant be trusted?

Anyone else starting to think McCain might have some mental problems caused by his POW days? Seriously, Congress has no business in baseball unless they want to watch the game. McCain has got to get over these petty issues if he ever wants to be a serious contender for President.

He will never be president. This whole issue of baseball is a non-issue for most Americans and shows the shallowness of Congress.

I agree with McCain that Baseball cannot be trusted. Unlike the NFL and NBA, Major League Baseball has not shown itself capable of effectively combating player abuse of performance enhancing drugs. Certain MLB "stars" have destroyed the history and stats of the game. Some folks not interested in Baseball do not understand the significance of the game's history and stats. Perhaps more than any other game, fans of baseball enjoy comparing the stats and history of teams and players from different eras. That element of MLB fun has been crushed by team owners that turn a blind eye to drug abuse, and by lying players who have shown they will cheat to win. It is this simple: MLB does not own "Baseball." The fans own "Baseball." Unscrupulous team owners and cheating players do not have the right to steal "Baseball" from the fans. I support McCain's efforts to clean up MLB.

Forum List

Back